IGNORED

Anybody using the Zepp Golf 2?

Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Being a gadget guy, I find the Zepp Golf 2 swing sensor pretty intriguing.  Anyone out here using one?

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Just bought one and started using it on Sunday.  So far I'm pretty impressed with it's accuracy.  I plan to take it to my instructor and compare shot by shot results with his GC2.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, newtogolf said:

Just bought one and started using it on Sunday.  So far I'm pretty impressed with it's accuracy.  I plan to take it to my instructor and compare shot by shot results with his GC2.

Thanks, I just received mine today.  And wouldn't you know it, rain for the next 2 days. 

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

5 minutes ago, cnl390 said:

Thanks, I just received mine today.  And wouldn't you know it, rain for the next 2 days. 

I also ordered the DuoTrac which monitors your hips at same time as the club but it's not shipping yet.  Zepp 2 can also be placed in your front pocket to check on your hip rotation but I doubt it will be an useful as the DuoTrac implementation.  

Joe Paradiso

5 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I also ordered the DuoTrac which monitors your hips at same time as the club but it's not shipping yet.  Zepp 2 can also be placed in your front pocket to check on your hip rotation but I doubt it will be an useful as the DuoTrac implementation.  

Keep us posted, this sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 months later...
On 5/24/2016 at 2:46 PM, newtogolf said:

just curious, where are you with this? I'm considering getting one... Were you ever able to compare against the GC2? Do you still use/like it?

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

I still use it in terms of swing speed it's pretty close to GC2, + or - 1-2mph.   I've been taking it to the range with me so I can compare swings recorded by the Zepp2 with the results I see visually.  Usually when I hit a bad shot, Zepp2 also gives me a low score so it's helpful to see where things might have gone wrong.  

It will record swing videos and merge the video with the data but I haven't tried that out yet.   

I definitely think it's worth the money if you're looking for such a device.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

I still use it in terms of swing speed it's pretty close to GC2, + or - 1-2mph.   I've been taking it to the range with me so I can compare swings recorded by the Zepp2 with the results I see visually.  Usually when I hit a bad shot, Zepp2 also gives me a low score so it's helpful to see where things might have gone wrong.  

It will record swing videos and merge the video with the data but I haven't tried that out yet.   

I definitely think it's worth the money if you're looking for such a device.  

great, thanks for the update... just picked one up at dicks :)

IN MY BAG

8 hours ago, divot dave said:

great, thanks for the update... just picked one up at dicks :)

Enjoy and let us know how you like it.  

Joe Paradiso

I use mine in conjunction with my lessons.  For example  one of the drills my pro has me do is to hit one ball at 25%, the next @ 50%, then 75%, 100%, and last 90%.  With the Zepp I can monitor my swing speeds.  I also like observe my swing plane from all different angles and see the problem areas.  In addition I can see the improvements to my swing after my pro addressed the problems.

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

so apparently you're supposed to be able to view & compare swings from different pros... so far, i've only seen michelle wei, does anyone else have more? 

IN MY BAG

2 minutes ago, divot dave said:

so apparently you're supposed to be able to view & compare swings from different pros... so far, i've only seen michelle wei, does anyone else have more? 

You are right.  I just checked mine and only Wei shows up.  Used to have Keegan Bradley & I one other (Snedeker?).

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

2 minutes ago, cnl390 said:

You are right.  I just checked mine and only Wei shows up.  Used to have Keegan Bradley & I one other (Snedeker?).

they must not be able to afford them any longer... 

IN MY BAG

• 3 weeks later...

I had a gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods so I just picked one of these up.  I haven't spent a ton of time with it yet, but it was easy to set up and it's pretty cool if it's accurate.  The swing and hand plan data seemed about right based on videos I've taken of my swing, and being able to see it all in 3D should be really useful.

The only funny thing I noticed so far, which might just be me, is that I was getting a SS of between 85-90 for my 6-iron and later on about the same for my driver.  :hmm:  Maybe it was because with the driver I was barefoot and wanted to try a few swings quickly before it got dark, so I'll try some more with shoes on after warming up and see if I get the same thing.  I haven't measured my swing speed lately so I honestly have no clue what it should be with those clubs, but I know that ideally there should be more of a different between the two. If it's accurate and I really swing the driver that slow in comparison to my irons, then the Zepp should be helpful in correcting that.

Thanks to @newtogolf and @cnl390 for the reviews.

Update:  Damn it, those are scores, not swing speeds :doh: Should've looked closer before posting.

• 1 month later...

It's important to me to always be working on one swing improvement area. However, this past season I'm not always sure what to prioritize my focus on. I'm much better than I used to be, but still nowhere near where I know I could be. So I'm considering a swing analyzer like Zepp to help me identify what to work on. Seems like something I can use on my own and at any time is a good idea. Or is it? What's the best tactic to help you identify what is happening with your swing and where to focus your practice? I took lessons a couple seasons ago and will again but I'd like something more frequent.

Edited by zero

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

1 hour ago, zero said:

It's important to me to always be working on one swing improvement area. However, this past season I'm not always sure what to prioritize my focus on. I'm much better than I used to be, but still nowhere near where I know I could be. So I'm considering a swing analyzer like Zepp to help me identify what to work on. Seems like something I can use on my own and at any time is a good idea. Or is it? What's the best tactic to help you identify what is happening with your swing and where to focus your practice? I took lessons a couple seasons ago and will again but I'd like something more frequent.

I'm not sure how helpful it is in terms of telling you what to work on. It wanted to give me anti-slice advice, and I never slice!  Seriously though, my miss is a big hook, so I wasn't sure what to make of it.

i think the best part is how it records video of your swings automatically and cuts them perfectly. You can easily delete the ones you don't want. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to export them. The built-in editor leaves something to be desired, and I'm not sure you can share them outside of the Zepp app. 

18 hours ago, drmevo said:

I'm not sure how helpful it is in terms of telling you what to work on. It wanted to give me anti-slice advice, and I never slice!  Seriously though, my miss is a big hook, so I wasn't sure what to make of it.

i think the best part is how it records video of your swings automatically and cuts them perfectly. You can easily delete the ones you don't want. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to export them. The built-in editor leaves something to be desired, and I'm not sure you can share them outside of the Zepp app. 

Thanks. I'm not sure it's for me in that case, would like to try before buy. I need a better method of identifying where to focus my practice, specifically on swing.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!