cnl390

Anybody using the Zepp Golf 2?

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have the Zepp 2 Golf (the round sensor). 

Ive read the manual multiple times, and have approximately 500 ball strikes. 

As I'm new to golf I can't seriously vouch for its accuracy, but I will say this: it's helping me improve my golf swing. 

The 3D swing analysis is a great tool as is the swing comparison capability. In my opinion once you learn about what the tool measures and how it can be quite effective it 

However, I do have a question: In the daily swings window, what does the red "P" next to the specific swing data mean?

Please and Thanks for any input. 

V/R, 

Chris

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

On 10/27/2016 at 3:47 AM, drmevo said:

I'm not sure how helpful it is in terms of telling you what to work on. It wanted to give me anti-slice advice, and I never slice!  Seriously though, my miss is a big hook, so I wasn't sure what to make of it.

I also have Zepp 2. I wondered about this ^^^ too, because the Swing Plane shows me consistently "over plane" from 4-10%, but like you, I haven't sliced in over two years (my miss is a hook or pull; rarely a push).

I was reading somewhere the swing plane function does not actually detect an over the top move (OTT). It only compares backswing plane to downswing plane and takes the difference. Curious what others may have found out. 

Zepp does appear to be accurate in terms of tempo, backswing, and club head speed. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used the Zepp 2 and found it good and liked it, However, now I am using the Blast Motion sensor and really like it more than the Zepp.  Very affordable, and super easy to use.  https://blastmotion.com/

This isn't saying that the Zepp is bad, just for my personal use I like the Blast better.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:51 AM, Kalnoky said:

I also have Zepp 2. I wondered about this ^^^ too, because the Swing Plane shows me consistently "over plane" from 4-10%, but like you, I haven't sliced in over two years (my miss is a hook or pull; rarely a push).

I was reading somewhere the swing plane function does not actually detect an over the top move (OTT). It only compares backswing plane to downswing plane and takes the difference. Curious what others may have found out. 

Zepp does appear to be accurate in terms of tempo, backswing, and club head speed. 

Sounds like it's reading your plane correct.   If your miss is typically a big hook or pull, then most likely you are coming out-to-in.  just, not very far, and you've learned to compensate by squaring the club face to the path.   Most people with any out-to-in swing path slice or fade.   because it's actually quite difficult to square the face to the path on an out-to-in swing.      The sensor can only make ball flight assumption based on path.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades