IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2016

Note: This thread is 2854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played 27 holes of golf today, but also more slow motion mirror work to keep ingraining better turn and exaggerated hands ahead of shaft at impact.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New putter came.  Cheap two balls copy 41" , using it to practice side saddle , not sure if I completely by in but doubting my line has krept back up again so I am going to try it for now.  So messed with that for quite a while in the garage and in the play room in carpet. Think I got manageable but we will see tomorrow on the course. 

Haven't practiced in a few days due to upper back tightness. It really tightened up during my round on Tuesday. Maybe later today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, Lihu said:

Got a swing tune up at the range today. My last drive was down the middle and long to the fence. All my irons are going straighter and longer. Starting to be able to either push or pull my shots. Taking a golf break, but still going to to daily practice with a Swing Fan.

Swing thoughts:

1) Tightened up my feet. Set flair to about 5-6 degrees. I have enough flexibility to get the full hip and shoulder turns without exaggerating the foot flair.

2) Set the feet much closer together (about 1 3/4 feet apart).

3) Stand a little more upright, bend the knees a little bit more.

4) Pronate the lead wrist a little bit.

5) Turn only as far as I can when still comfortably looking at the ball

6) "Hold" my lag and set the wrist as much as possible.

7) Limit the back swing to the same spot every time.

8) Weight distribution 40/60 setup weight, 80/20 Top of swing, 5/95 at impact.

Drills:

a) Half swing slow turn from A3 to A6

b) Clip a rubber tee with driver while comfortably keeping my eyes on the ball

c) Wrist cock drills with a mock swing from A3 to A6 with an exaggerated wrist set.

d) Back swing transition drills with a stick or mirror to limit the length of the swing.

Going to focus on form and timing on the range, practice putt and chipping for at least 35% of the time, then focus on my scoring and shot zones with GG on the course.

9) Setup my hands centered instead of pressed forward. They're relaxed and dropping forward. Takes tension out of them at setup.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes mirror work while baking scones. Got video from instructor, so kept doing slow motion, pausing A4 and A6, then full follow through slowly. Checked alignments. Added one thing today based on his feedback: my right knee was coming WAY in, as if to twist around to help my hip rotation. There has been a lot of space between my legs when viewed DTL, too early. So focused on slow motion swings with right knee knot jutting out toward the ball. Feels like it's putting pressure on inside of knee, but will see on range how that feels.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

27 minutes ago, RandallT said:

10 minutes mirror work while baking scones. 

Fresh baked scones?   I can be there in 10 minutes, 20 if I stop by Duck Donuts on the way.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

12 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Fresh baked scones?   I can be there in 10 minutes, 20 if I stop by Duck Donuts on the way.

You know the way! Lemon poppy seed. They're actually from a mix at World Market, but they're good! 

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/sticky-fingers-scones-mix-original.do

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Went to the range with my newly regripped irons.  After warming up, I worked on my 6 iron.  I brought my good camera and took some video.  Will upload later today and update my My Swing thread.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

6/4/16:

Worked on accelerating though this morning. Feeling as if Im swinging down faster and through the ball.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Busted June 3 entry for Friday.

Played 18 with our senior's group at Emerald Green golf club, a course on the Missouri side. I won a skin on a Par 3 with a 147-yard 7i shot to two feet for a birdie. Had a mix of good holes and bad holes.

Back at home course, I had a late lunch, hit some range balls and played five practice holes before the Couple's league teed off at 5:30. Dropped several balls in rough to practice hitting 7W and 4H. I need to compare the two on the launch monitor - it seems the 4H goes as far as the 7w.

My wife and I got involved in baking for Saturday AM senior's coffee (the guy take turns on treats) and forgot to enter Friday notes.

Saturday, June 4.

The raspberry and blackberry coffee cakes were a hit in the AM.

In the afternoon, I went to the AimPoint clinic. Then, I dropped by my club to practice a couple of the green-reading techniques.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Played 18 today, MSGA Weekly , this week at Webhannet in Kennebunk. Fog rolled in for back nine. Some good holes, some bad. Fun day!

Under construction, signature and game.

Today I went to the local course and hit some chips, pitches, and sand shots. I've been trying to work on my short game a bit more this year. That's probably the 10th time I've practiced just short game shots this year. 

Wednesday and Thursday I putted for about a half hour each day. Just focusing on a longer backstroke and decelerating into the ball. I meant to putt yesterday but some things came up. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Putted, because it's all I could do with a bum leg and broken toe.  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Putted, because it's all I could do with a bum leg and broken toe.  

Ouch. :-(

What happened?

- John

More slow motion mirror work. Rain keep me inside today unfortunately, would have preferred to go to the range.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Hit a bucket of balls before playing 18. Striking the ball well with the irons but putting needs work. Putting practice is on the the list for tomorrow.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

In Jersey for a day. Doing the half swing drills...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

In Jersey for a day. Doing the half swing drills...

It sure seemed like that post in a practice thread was on east coast time! Welcome to the world 3-hours ahead of yours!

My Swing

Note: This thread is 2854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!