IGNORED

How Many Rounds Have You Played In Your Lifetime?

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 1887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many rounds do you think you've played in your life?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds do you think you've played in your life?

• <100
    • 100 - 500
    • 500 - 1000
    • 1000 - 5000
    • >5000

@Patch made a comment in the "streak" thread that earlier today that got me thinking a bit.

I have never shot below par after 1000s of rounds.

At first I paid it no mind, but then I started pondering, "I wonder how many rounds I've played?"  

I started playing golf as a kid, but never that much more than casually.  Started around the age of 10 or so and played 9 holes with my mom and her friends once a month or so, maybe.  (let's convert to 18 hole rounds, so 6 a year, for about 4 years, 24 rounds total)  I played a little more in high school, but I wasn't on the golf team, so still, probably no more than once a month. (48 rounds)  In college I started playing more frequently, perhaps twice a month, for a few years. (Let's say 96)  From college until my back started to really become a problem (10 years or so) I only had a few friends who golfed and we played probably 6-8 times a year, maybe less. (70 rounds) Since 2012 and joining TST, I've upped the frequency quite a lot, playing the most I've ever played ... about 30 or so rounds per year, on average. (150)

Add it all up, and it's a heck of a lot lower than the number I would throw out there off the top of my head if I was just guessing.  388 rounds played in my life to this point (obviously giving or taking 40 or 50 or so - this is a wild guess after all)

So that is basically it for this thread.  Do your best to estimate how many rounds you've played in your career, and throw in any other information you find to be pertinent (age, years playing golf, whatever).  And vote in the poll.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played maybe 20 times in my teens.  Not at all in my twenties.  Maybe 15 times a year from age 30 to about 45, 15 * 15 = 225.  From 45 to 55 years of age about 10 times.  And in the last 3 years maybe 150 times. So, 100 - 500

I voted between 1000-5000, probably somewhere between 1750-2000 over 36 years of playing golf.  I've played around 400 rounds over the last three years.  I've already played 60 rounds this year.

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

When I look back, I guess I've been playing for 45 years or just a bit more.  I'm sure that for the last 20 years, since I joined my current club, I've averaged over 50 rounds, so that puts me over 1000.  I really doubt that I managed to play more than 1000 more during my first 25 years, so I'm in the general range of 1700 or so.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I voted 500-1000 but that may be a bit of an overestimation... I always feel like I golf more than I do, but going by my GG and Myscorecard rounds it looks like I may get 100 every 2 years recently.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I really have no idea. There was a stretch of 10 years where 200 rounds a year was normal. For 30 +/-  years I played at least 100 rounds a year. There was a 3 year stretch after my accident where I didn't play at all and was never supposed to ever play again. For the past 2 years I have been averaging 2+ rounds a week. I'm just guessing with the above numbers, but some where around 4500-5200 rounds might be feasible. This would also included several 100s of 9 hole rounds. 

The more remarkable thing with playing this much golf is I helped raise a great family. Two daughters who played various sports at high levels, who are both  sucessful business people.  Ran my own sucessful business for 30 years, and even found time to win a few bass fishing tournaments. All of which would not have been possible without the Great Lady who married me. 

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

293 in 5 years since I took up this ever frustrating yet rewarding game. (sad stat geek means I have them all logged. Very glad for this thread though since I meant I had a look and can now celebrate my 300th!)

Hi, My name is Matt.

I've played more in the last year than my entire life before that combined. So I'm thinking still under 100.

~45 annually last 10 years:  450

~20 annually previous 10:  200

~10 annually previous 10:  100

So, looks like I'm at around 750.  If I hadn't done the math, I'd have guessed well over 1,000.  Interesting.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

3 minutes ago, Gunther said:

~45 annually last 10 years:  450

~20 annually previous 10:  200

~10 annually previous 10:  100

So, looks like I'm at around 750.  If I hadn't done the math, I'd have guessed well over 1,000.  Interesting.

I kind of feel like if I took the time to do a rough adding up I'm sure I'd fall short of what I guessed too. I mean, if you ask my ex I was on the golf course all the time :whistle: Honestly I'd love to be out golfing every day after work but just can't afford it. Perhaps in the future I'll get a couple of memberships, since I already bought most of the clubs I need for the foreseeable future that money could go towards memberships at 2 courses in this area.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I voted 100-500 rounds. I estimated I've played about. I estimate it to be about 300 rounds. I would say a good 200-220 of them have come in the past 7 years. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'd guess I've played less than 100 rounds. If I'm wrong, it isn't by much. The years are starting to add up but I just don't get to play that often. Last year was a good year for me and I think I managed 15 rounds.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, Gunther said:

If I hadn't done the math, I'd have guessed well over 1,000.  Interesting.

Yeah, this is me too and this is why I started the thread.  I was like "huh, that's way less than I'd have imagined."

• Upvote 1

1,000-5,000 was my response.  I know I played 2,304 rounds since 1988.  Prior to then I would estimate less than 300 or so additional. So let's say 2,600.

Once I am retired I may average a bit more than I do now.  Currently, depending on the early and late weather, I will play 100+ times a year.

Brian Kuehn

7 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Yeah, this is me too and this is why I started the thread.  I was like "huh, that's way less than I'd have imagined."

I did the same thing a couple years ago when I was trying to figure out how many times I had hit my driver over the 7 years I owned it (trying to determine if it was "dead").  Anyway, I think I guessed like twice or three times what the actual number was when I applied some basic math to it.  Weird.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 1887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!