IGNORED

How Many Rounds Have You Played In Your Lifetime?

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 1880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many rounds do you think you've played in your life?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds do you think you've played in your life?

• <100
    • 100 - 500
    • 500 - 1000
    • 1000 - 5000
    • >5000

• Administrator

I voted 500-1000. When I've played, I've played a LOT of golf. One summer I averaged 36 holes a day, every day of the summer… including days that were rained out or we weren't allowed to play.

I might never top 5000.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 years later...

I found this topic when I was searching for “most rounds of golf in a lifetime”

I honestly might set the record for all time

Im currently 35 years old, and for past 3 years ive averaged 300+ rounds per year, and I can keep that up for the rest of my life barring any major injury. I wont ever have kids, so I don’t need to worry about that

Heres my exactly round total since 2006. I used to have the data before that but the hard drive crashed so I would have to estimate. In college, I also averaged 300+ rounds per year

So this total is 2846

I didn’t play golf at all before the age of 16 (1999), so my best guess to fill in the data would be

2000: 40

2001: 40

2002: 150 (started college)

2003: 250

2004: 300

2005: 300

What happened in 2006 was that I graduated and had to work a regular job. That sucked

Now I work for myself and can do what I want again

So grand total (estimated): 2846 + 1080 = 3926

Scott

I've played 126 in the two previous years.  Prior to that I didn't keep track of rounds, scores etc.   I would say 350 at most.   Golf wasn't a priority until I retired.  I played just a bit in a league prior to retirement but didn't really commit to any kind of improvement.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1000-5000 was my selection.

I averaged 150 rounds per year over just the last 7 years and I've played 360 different courses with a lot I've played multiple times.  So I would guess I have played around 3000 rounds of golf in my lifetime (37 years). 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Boy, the tests are hard in this class.

50-100 rounds a year for the last 20 years. So 1000 rounds at least

from age 23-27 (before the wife and kids) I probably played 200+ rounds a year. So 1000 rounds approximately. 

So I would guess I am somewhere around 2000 rounds or maybe a bit more.

So I voted 1000-5000. I hope someday to pass the 5000 mark! 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

100 rounds per year for the last 10 years or so.  Probably 50ish per year for the 5 years prior to that, and call it 20ish per year for another 30 years.  Gotta be closing in on 2,000 rounds...

1,000 - 5,000 is a ridiculously huge range.  The vast majority of players, even relatively avid players, won’t play 1,000 in their lives...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Since I joined a club (25 years or so) I've averaged in the range of 75 to 80 rounds of golf.  so between 1500 and 2000 there.  Add the previous 20 years playing, maybe I averaged 40 to 50 rounds, so another 800 to 1000.  I'd say 2500 is a reasonable estimate.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

About 900 rounds (884 for which I have tracked stats) since 2011, and easily 100 rounds or more before that as I started around 2000, so definitely over 1000 but probably much less than 1500. 

5000 is a huge number, e.g. 50 rounds a year (or once a week), for 100 years!  More likely 2 rounds a week for 50 years, still a huge number.

• Upvote 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

I actually am surprised on the high side.  The two web sites I have used to log scores show 623 and there must be another 30 I never logged.  I'll be playing 10 years on Labor Day.  If I hadn't looked I would have guessed 550.  I did have one year between jobs where I played over 100 times and I am currently playing +80 times a year, so I will break 1000 in a few years.

• Upvote 1

I haven't played near as such golf in my early golfing days (Kid-mid 20's) as I have the last few years. I should safely have over 100 round played, but doubt I have hit 200 yet. probably around 150 rounds or so. 

I updated my vote in poll. Definitely over 100 now given that I have played close to 50 rounds in the past two years.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I played my first 9 holes in the summer of 1961.  I didn't really play more than 3 or 4 nine hole rounds from then until 1974, when I suddenly caught the disease.  For the next 15 years, I estimate about 25 rounds per year on average.  Some weekends we'd play 72 holes in 2 days, but it averaged out to about 1 round per week from March-October.  In 1989 I joined the Men's Club at my home course and then I started playing more often.  I worked a lot of swing shifts and played often in the morning before work.  My play bumped up to 40-50 rounds per year until I retired in 2006.  Then I started working at the course as a starter and for the next 5 years I played around 100 times per year.

Altogether it puts me somewhere over 1500 rounds, but it could easily be an error of +/- 300.  I never really considered trying to keep track, and for most of my life, there was no electronics or cloud storage to help with that.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I played every day possible, often 2 rounds, from the age of 13 until 20.  I thought that'd get me up there but that's nudging 2k.  Then real life took over and I had to go to work.  Perhaps when I retire it'll get back on track with a short 40-yr diversion in the middle, but with fishing and hunting I'm not sure... hard to juggle that many responsibilities.

Not exactly sure but I have been playing for 49years.  So, well over 5000 rounds. In the past 13 years, I would guess I have averaged somewhere between 150 to 165 rounds.  Last year, I played 198 rounds.  Not bad for a guy with a full time job. 🤤

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Note: This thread is 1880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!