IGNORED

Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have a hybrid in your bag?

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon!

My 503.h 19* replaced a 19* 5 wood and my 503.h 22* replaced my 3/4 irons. Might give the new 585.h a try but they remind me too much of a TM TP dual I had. Just always liked the iron type of hybrids better.

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
My 503.h 19* replaced a 19* 5 wood and my 503.h 22* replaced my 3/4 irons. Might give the new 585.h a try but they remind me too much of a TM TP dual I had. Just always liked the iron type of hybrids better.

I think you're one of the few. A great club off the tee, a great club from the fairway... and out of great lies in the rough. The 585.H is all that plus a little more help from the bad lies, and a little gear-effect help on mishits. If you're into that kind of thing...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tried out the New Nickent today and all I can say is wow.

Definately gonna get me one of them...!!!!
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

• 1 month later...

I'm getting pressure from my buddies to switch to a hybrid. I love my long irons though. Oh well, today I found myself hitting a whole bunch, you can get them up out of the rough pretty good...we'll see how it goes

In the bag
907 D2 8.5 Matrix Ozik shaft
904F 13 UST Proforce shaft
585-H UST Proforce
4-PW 690.MB Vokey Oil Can 52 56 and 60 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5 Pro VIHome Course- Somerby Golf Club site of the Nationwide Tour Scholorship Fund Tournamenthttp://www.somerby.com

What's wrong with the 503.H and what are you looking for?

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

What's wrong with the 503.H and what are you looking for?

Another Pacific Northwest dweller... Welcome!

I use an Adams i-wood too, an 18 degree. I've had it in my bag for 5 years. It's my go-to club off the tee on shorter par 4s, and it's awesome for getting out of trouble.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Thanks niblick. What to replace my 3 iron with has become a puzzle for me and a great source of indecision. I've got the 18 degree I-wood, a 20 degree Adams A2 with an NV shaft, a 21 degree Adams 7 wood with a Fujikura shaft, a 20 degree Nickent 3DX with a steel shaft. Each does some things well but I have a heck of a time deciding what to put in my bag permanently...

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

Tried out the New Nickent today and all I can say is wow.

I bought one of these last week - have used during a couple of rounds. Love it -

review here
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

i got a Cleveland Halo 1I hybrid off ebay for £33. Its the best club ive ever bought.
if im playing badly i resort to almost using it on every shot.its good off the tee, good in windy conditions for keeing low and long, good from rough, and awsome from fairways. i aint tried putting with it yet though!

in the bag-
R7 425cc
Halo 2i
R7 irons
X tour wedge 2-ball putter balls

i got a Cleveland Halo 1I hybrid off ebay for £33. Its the best club ive ever bought.

yeah I'm a fan of hybrids too..I always forget to try chipping with it though!

Yes, I have 2 in the bag, a 3 and 4, Wilson Fatshaft hybrids, I didn't have any problems hitting my long irons prior to getting these, but they came with the Fatshaft iron set I just picked up... Very easy to hit and great from the fairways and rough...

Erik,

I've answered my own question: What's wrong with the 503.H? I hit one today and I can easily hit my 3 iron better than the 503.h - maybe that's why you're a 3 and I'm a 13! It's a good looking club but not very forgiving.

I also noticed something about my Nickent 3DX though, the top line and the leading edge are on slightly different angles from the top. I read a Tom Watson tip in Golf Digest to be careful to look at the bottom edge of the face when lining up otherwise one can inadvertently open or shut the face by looking at the top edge. I was setting the face of the 3DX a little open. After that adjustment I started hitting the Nickent great into the wind and was working it in either direction. The Nickent is the best chipping hybrid out there IMO. Another thing I've picked up is that some hybrids with graphite shafts are just too light for me and I can get a little quick - e.g. the Adams A2.

I'm a month into a new set of Pings. G2 D, G5 3w, 4-9,PW,UW,SW, and G5 16 and 19 Hybrids. The 16 replaces 2I and 19 the 3I. I've always hit my 2 iron very well, fairway and off tee but have found the Hybrids have better consistancy and less fade. Most impressing is their work into the wind. South TX Gulf Coast can be brutal in the fall with gusting winds and the Hybrids really make a differenc. I hit the 19 from a variety of distances last week into a 2 and 3club wind and it never let me down.

The biggest adjustment was to swing them like an iron rather than a fairway wood.

I feel like I'm one of the only lonely out there that doesn't use one of these. I bought two knock-off rescue clubs thinking it was going to save my long fairway shots and wasn't able to hit them worth a darn. It's more of a feel thing for me, they just feel weird off the fairway.

Then I tried one of them nike slingshot thingys and wasn't able to hit that either. Off the tee they're great but off the short stuff I just can't do it. I know I'm definitely in the minority here. Everyone else who has bought or tried one that I know loves the feel of them. They say they feel more confident in every situation.

Wish I was that way. I'm just working on getting my 3 and 5 woods to feel comfortable.

Aloha,
E
Getting To Scratch | Wie Blogging

I feel like I'm one of the only lonely out there that doesn't use one of these. I bought two knock-off rescue clubs thinking it was going to save my long fairway shots and wasn't able to hit them worth a darn. It's more of a feel thing for me, they just feel weird off the fairway.

It may come down to a feel thing for you. When swung more like long iron hybrids are money. I can't believe how much I've enjoyed mine. But if they don't work for you, they don't work.

Perhaps as you get more comfortable with your fairway woods you'll find hybrids easier as well. Don't force it.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have two. My 2 Iron is a Titliest 503.H and my 3 Iron is a Hogan. I love the Hogan. I don't hit the Titliest too well. It's not as forgiving. I will be looking to replace it this off season. I actually am looking for new irons and some of th sets are now available 4-AW instead of 3-PW. This would suit me just fine. I would probably just shelf the 3 Iron anyway.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!