IGNORED

Logging In Weekly?!?!

Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wanna know why TST traffic lags compared to competitors?

Simple as this...

If one does not log in each and every day, (and often if one does) email and password are required. The forum software is either incapable of, or denied by administrators of, remembering users for longer than the short term memory of a severe Alzheimer's patient!

Or maybe it's just me that has to log in with email and password - TWICE, if I have not returned within a day. :whistle:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

• iacas changed the title to Logging In Daily?

I go days without logging on-On my computer and phone.

Works for me.

It is just you.

• Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

It is just you.

Would'nt surprise me!

Sweet how my topic changed within the first reply! ;-)

Craig

Old Master - TZ Putter

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CR McDivot said:

Sweet how my topic changed within the first reply! ;-)

I edited the title. This is more correct.

I don't use each computer every day. My desktop has gone a week or more within the past few months without needing to log in each time.

Something is likely wrong with your computer: cookies settings, something…?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

...Something is likely wrong with your computer: cookies settings, something…?

Same story on both my Android tablets.

Maybe my theory is off, but maybe worth considering. Traffic equals sustainability on the web. I'm sure you have analytic software to determine repeat visits. Are you losing an inordinate number of repeats over time?

Got to be a reason your primary competition records 10 times the daily traffic. Frustration rises quickly in this media, patience with unnecessary keystrokes or other things that tend to indicate the user is unwelcome is practically nil. :mellow:

Craig

Old Master - TZ Putter

47 minutes ago, CR McDivot said:

Same story on both my Android tablets.

Maybe my theory is off, but maybe worth considering. Traffic equals sustainability on the web. I'm sure you have analytic software to determine repeat visits. Are you losing an inordinate number of repeats over time?

Got to be a reason your primary competition records 10 times the daily traffic. Frustration rises quickly in this media, patience with unnecessary keystrokes or other things that tend to indicate the user is unwelcome is practically nil. :mellow:

I find that I'm asked to login with my phone if I had logged on with my computer and visa versa.  If I stay on just one device then I don't usually have any issues.  Maybe it has to do with multiple logins using different devices?

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

4 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

I find that I'm asked to login with my phone if I had logged on with my computer and visa versa.  If I stay on just one device then I don't usually have any issues.  Maybe it has to do with multiple logins using different devices?

Same here.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

7 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

I go days without logging on-On my computer and phone.

Are you using the same web browser on both your phone & computer? IE: Google, Safari, or other?

6 hours ago, CR McDivot said:

If one does not log in each and every day, (and often if one does) email and password are required. Same story on both my Android tablets.

I've only had to log-in once and I never log-out on my tablet using the new browser, Edge.

With all sites I'll receive the notification "Would you like to save this password for this site?"

I haven't played around with Droid's lately, but I would guess it has an option in settings to "remember log-in" or get a password manager app.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

6 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Kind of random for me though. I'm logged in with my iPad and phone sometimes a PC.

Usually there's no issues, but then I find I have to login one of them again.

The funny thing is getting the "we miss you" emails. Sometimes, right after posting something. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

a) You don't know the traffic numbers here. We do pretty well.

b) If you're having trouble there are less passive aggressive ways to share that information.

c) I use multiple devices and log in almost never. So without more information I can't even help you troubleshoot.

If you came here to post this primarily for a and b, though, meh. I'm not particularly interested in talking about that with you. If you actually want help, ask.

First, though, delete your cookies and cache. Just the cookies for this site. Perhaps you have lingering issues following our switch to HTTPS.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

a) You don't know the traffic numbers here. We do pretty well.

b) If you're having trouble there are less passive aggressive ways to share that information.

c) I use multiple devices and log in almost never. So without more information I can't even help you troubleshoot.

If you came here to post this primarily for a and b, though, meh. If you actually want help, ask.

It happens to me occasionally, but I can't pin down a cause. I just restarted my phone to see if that would cause it, but it did not. 

I will check after the next iOS update on my Mac. I think I have one in the queue. It may reset something.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It happens to me occasionally, but I can't pin down a cause. I just restarted my phone to see if that would cause it, but it did not. 

I will check after the next iOS update on my Mac. I think I have one in the queue. It may reset something.

Pretty minor issue for me to log in again. It takes like 3 additional seconds before I can blog you guys again. :-D

The settings in iOS don't change with reboot and even SW revisions. It's in the settings pages for the application. It's a new persistence feature. Good feature in my opinion, but takes getting used to.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I find that even though it does not show that I am logged in when I open the site, as soon as I click on ANYTHING on the site, it shows I am still logged in. Do not need to re-log. Try that.

10 hours ago, CR McDivot said:

Wanna know why TST traffic lags compared to competitors?

Simple as this...

If one does not log in each and every day, (and often if one does) email and password are required. The forum software is either incapable of, or denied by administrators of, remembering users for longer than the short term memory of a severe Alzheimer's patient!

Or maybe it's just me that has to log in with email and password - TWICE, if I have not returned within a day. :whistle:

Vishal S.

I had to sign in on my iPad Sunday. Then Monday, I had to sign in on my work laptop and Tuesday morning on my home Mac. It seems when one device requires sign in, all access requires it. I'm not sure why the iPad need it. I did not power down or do and update.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I log in. 4-5 minutes later - I have to log in again. 3 minutes later, have to log in again, and again.

Why can't I stay logged in until I log out?

Back on board again. But I keep getting logged out again and again for some reason.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, CCC said:

Back on board again. But I keep getting logged out again and again for some reason.

See the above discussion. Can you share more details? What device are you using? What browser?

What if you clear your cache and cookies for the site?

I can troubleshoot if I can reproduce.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I can troubleshoot if I can reproduce.

Are you suggesting my vasectomy is the issue?

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!