IGNORED

Logging In Weekly?!?!

Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 hours ago, iacas said:

See the above discussion. Can you share more details? What device are you using? What browser?

What if you clear your cache and cookies for the site?

I can troubleshoot if I can reproduce.

Thank you, iacas for your help.

MacBook Pro. El Capitan 10.11.5

Firefox 47.0

This is the only website that I have to keep logging into every 5 minutes. And this is while I'm browsing or posting.

I will clear my cookies and see if that makes any difference.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
5 hours ago, CCC said:

I will clear my cookies and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks. I think the switch to HTTPS may have caused some weirdness for some of you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It happened again with my Mac. I left it on overnight but did not have Safari open to TST. When I went back to the page, I had to sign in again. I do have remember me checked. My iPhone is still signed in though. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

A new release…

IPS Community Suite 4.1.15

Released 09/20/2016

Key Changes

• Remember me cookie is now 90 days rather than 7 days

… and the important point I've extracted and listed above: cookies are now stored for 90 days rather than 7!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Logging In Weekly?!?!
  • 10 months later...

Bumping an old thread, rather than starting a new one.

Since the end of last week, I'm having to log in on this forum a lot, on my iPad, iPhone, MBP, and also on an android tablet.  Usually don't ever have to log in at all. 

I recall that there were updates to iOS and macOS last week, but that wouldn't explain why it's now happening with android as well. Other websites aren't giving me this same problem--just TST. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 7/25/2017 at 1:48 PM, Missouri Swede said:

Bumping an old thread, rather than starting a new one.

Since the end of last week, I'm having to log in on this forum a lot, on my iPad, iPhone, MBP, and also on an android tablet.  Usually don't ever have to log in at all. 

I recall that there were updates to iOS and macOS last week, but that wouldn't explain why it's now happening with android as well. Other websites aren't giving me this same problem--just TST. 

@iacas, anyone else noticing this? Any suggestions as to settings to reset, cache to clear, etc.? Thanks. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

@iacas, anyone else noticing this? Any suggestions as to settings to reset, cache to clear, etc.? Thanks. 

Not that I know of. Do those things, yes.

I have not noticed an issue and I use multiple computers and phones.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I have had problems in that everytime I change a forum, I need to log in again. I believe the way I found to correct this was to copy to desktop  the forum page. Then I have noticed that even if it states I am not logged in, everytime I switch to a specific forum topic, it logs me in.  Not entirely convinced that is what is happening, but for now it seems to have solved the problem, or there is something else  I did unawares.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

I have had problems in that everytime I change a forum, I need to log in again. I believe the way I found to correct this was to copy to desktop  the forum page. Then I have noticed that even if it states I am not logged in, everytime I switch to a specific forum topic, it logs me in.  Not entirely convinced that is what is happening, but for now it seems to have solved the problem, or there is something else  I did unawares.

Sounds like a caching issue (on your computer).

Just now, iacas said:

Sounds like a caching issue (on your computer).

That could very well be as I really do not understanding caching that well. I just have learned through trial and error and accident what seems to work and what does not. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 2 weeks later...

I can see this thread was started a while ago, but something is clearly different now! Yesterday I was asked to log in for the first time in forever! That's because I don't log out at the end of a session here, But, OK, that's what I did, and navigated the forum without a problem.

Then, when I brought up the forum tonight, it again asked me to log in. I have a question. How could the password that I instructed this website, or the browser, or whatever, to remember possibly be wrong!? It's what I typed in! And by counting counting the stupid ass dots, I could tell that the site was "remembering" my old password!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE!? I was on another webforum where the site developers had no idea what they were doing! They drove that forum right into the dirt!

Please don't let that happen here!

4 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I can see this thread was started a while ago, but something is clearly different now! Yesterday I was asked to log in for the first time in forever! That's because I don't log out at the end of a session here, But, OK, that's what I did, and navigated the forum without a problem.

Then, when I brought up the forum tonight, it again asked me to log in. I have a question. How could the password that I instructed this website, or the browser, or whatever, to remember possibly be wrong!? It's what I typed in! And by counting counting the stupid ass dots, I could tell that the site was "remembering" my old password!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE!? I was on another webforum where the site developers had no idea what they were doing! They drove that forum right into the dirt!

Please don't let that happen here!

It looks like the forum software is going through updates and resetting logins.

3 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Yeah, I already figured that! But what's with the other problems? So far, this is a load of crap!

The only problems I have are with the formatting of text on my phone. This is nothing new.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Yeah, I already figured that! But what's with the other problems? So far, this is a load of crap!

Really? Logging in twice is "a load of crap"?

25 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

The site doesn't "remember" your password. Websites don't do that. Your browser might have remembered your password, but the site doesn't do that. Even when you are automatically logged in, it's the cookies on your browser that "remember" things, not the site.

I just updated the forum to IPS 4.2 (4.2.1 technically) which is a BIG UPGRADE with a bunch of new features.

So… you had to log in again. So did I. It's fine.

25 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

:doh: Oy.

And, maybe check the "remember me…" checkbox, okay?

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.42.08 PM.png

Yes, I had to log in twice! In two days! And because whatever it is that remembers my password didn't work, I'm forced to jump through hoops! So sorry that I'm not as computer literate as the great master!

I like new features as long as they are easy to access.

Here's my assessment of my computer acumen.I left click, I right click, and sometimes I double click left. That's about it! Oh! And I can scroll up and down with the wheel on my mouse! Wow!

I think you need to understand that all your users aren't ciber gurus out here!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Yes, I had to log in twice! In two days! And because whatever it is that remembers my password didn't work, I'm forced to jump through hoops!

You didn't click the "remember me" checkbox.

Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!