IGNORED

Orlando Gay Night Club Shooting

iacas
Note: This thread is 2850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, newtogolf said:

Not mine, the book definition, not the medias.  

I again respectfully disagree. An AR-15 is an assault weapon There is no other use for it other than as an offensive weapon. Offensive = assault. It has zero defensive/protective use. It is designed to kill people quickly and efficiently, as has been demonstrated time and time again.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Why do we always end up talking about guns? Is that easier to blame than radical religious beliefs that encourage hatred? Guns, bombs, box cutters ... doesn't matter. There is a group of people out there that want us dead, all of us. White, black, gay, straight ... doesn't matter. When did this country become so weak? We turn on each other at a moment's notice while the enemy keeps on fighting. 

So when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Building, did you blame al Qaeda? Radical Islam? Did you blame Muslims for Aurora and Columbine? How about Sandy Hook? 

You can wage your personal war on a religion, but don't include me. I see radical Christians doing the same thing at Planned Parenthood clinics. I see white bigots shoot up Charleston Churches.  You want to pin it all on one group. That is what is weak. I pin it on the hate that everyone is generating. Bigotry, homophobia, they are all part of that. 

We've done nothing for a long time and things have not improved. Time to start putting our heads together, all sides, and find a solution.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 minutes ago, phan52 said:

I again respectfully disagree. An AR-15 is an assault weapon There is no other use for it other than as an offensive weapon. Offensive = assault. It has zero defensive/protective use. It is designed to kill people quickly and efficiently, as has been demonstrated time and time again.

I use my AR-15 for target shooting and home defense, some use it for small game hunting, but I'm not a hunter.  It's a great home defense weapon, especially in States that make you wait 6 or more months to get a handgun permit.  You might need to better educate yourself on the platform better spreading incorrect information.  

islamic-terrorism-cartoon-mckee.jpg

Joe Paradiso

11 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

So when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Building, did you blame al Qaeda? Radical Islam? Did you blame Muslims for Aurora and Columbine? How about Sandy Hook? 

You can wage your personal war on a religion, but don't include me. I see radical Christians doing the same thing at Planned Parenthood clinics. I see white bigots shoot up Charleston Churches.  You want to pin it all on one group. That is what is weak. I pin it on the hate that everyone is generating. Bigotry, homophobia, they are all part of that. 

We've done nothing for a long time and things have not improved. Time to start putting our heads together, all sides, and find a solution.

My point is we didn't blame fertilizer for OKC. 

- Mark

Just now, Braivo said:

My point is we didn't blame fertilizer for OKC. 

Yes we did. Go try and buy ammonium nitrate. Go try and buy a large amount of fertilizer. The ATF will be knocking on your door in a flash.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/02/nation/la-na-ammonium-nitrate-20110803

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I use my AR-15 for target shooting and home defense, some use it for small game hunting, but I'm not a hunter.  It's a great home defense weapon, especially in States that make you wait 6 or more months to get a handgun permit.  You might need to better educate yourself on the platform better spreading incorrect information.  

islamic-terrorism-cartoon-mckee.jpg

Yeah, having an AR-15 at home is just what I need when the ninja terrorists belay down from my roof and crash through my windows to kill me and my family. I'll be prepared.

The truth is that my family is safer than your family by my not having a firearm in my home. That is a fact.

2 minutes ago, phan52 said:

Edited by phan52

Bill M

2 minutes ago, phan52 said:

Yeah, having an AR-15 at home is just what I need when the ninja terrorists belay down from my roof and crash through my windows to kill me and my family. I'll be prepared.

Incorrect information, indeed.

No it's what you need when a scumbag breaks into your house with bad intentions for you and your family.  

Joe Paradiso

Just now, newtogolf said:

No it's what you need when a scumbag breaks into your house with bad intentions for you and your family.  

As I stated in the above, the truth is that my family is safer than your family by my not having a firearm in my home. That is a fact.

Bill M

13 minutes ago, phan52 said:

I guess I will respectively disagree with you.  The AR-15 semi-automatic weapon and is the top choice for a sporting rifle in the US.  And it is no more or no less dangerous than any other gun of a similar caliber.  They are not designed to kill people, they are designed for sport, just because some idiot with a violent religious bent uses one to do mass destruction, doesn't mean that their ban would eliminate the problem, anymore than gun free zones stop gun attacks.  And no I don't have one, but they are cool looking and fun to shoot, but banning the gun won't stop bad people from doing awful things.   

Just now, phan52 said:

Incorrect information, indeed.

But it will sure do wonders on the burglar coming into my house to do me or my family harm and the will likely beat feet when they see the barrel pointing at them.  Although this Remington looks nice though.  Not an AR-15 though.

60010_R-15MagpulMOE-FIXED-Right_0.png

Although I am getting one of these.

840BC_01.jpg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

13417581_10156971790275591_7134433612330314652_n.jpgWell, at least we don't have to worry about terrorists going on a rampage with lawn darts, or kinder eggs. Glad that's been taken care of...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

3 hours ago, Braivo said:

France has very restrictive gun laws and ISIS still massacred people there. Belgium is the same and they still blew up their airport. Taking guns away isn't solving this problem. 

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

This isn't a gun control thing. ISIS needs to be obliterated to prevent morons born here from taking up the cause. Time to stop ****ing around and decimate them.

I find it ironic that the same people who think that we can't control radicalism by limiting access to guns, think that we can control it by "obliterating" the latest group of terrorists. How? Where? What then?

5 minutes ago, phan52 said:

As I stated in the above, the truth is that my family is safer than your family by my not having a firearm in my home. That is a fact.

Do you know what a fact even is, cause you seem to throw the word around alot, what you stated is an ignorant opinion, not a fact.  I have security systems, dogs, and cameras to protect my home but if they get in, they're leaving in a body bag. 

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

..but if they get in, they're leaving in a body bag. 

Someone's been watching too many Arnold Schwarzenegger movies

17 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

But when an individual with suspected ties to terrorism can legally buy an AR-15 and murder 50 people at a night club a few days later, that's just the price of freedom to you?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1 minute ago, chspeed said:

Someone's been watching too many Arnold Schwarzenegger movies

LOL, typical anti-gun response.  I've taken home defense courses for AR-15 owners.  I go to the gun range at least twice a month.  I like my chances over a thug breaking into my home.  What are you going to do throw a law book at him and watch as he assaults your family?  

Joe Paradiso

3 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

But when an individual with suspected ties to terrorism can legally buy an AR-15 and murder 50 people at a night club a few days later, that's just the price of freedom to you?

No, if you read my earlier posts I said the FBI screwed up.  The guy should have never been approved to own any gun, no less become an armed security guard.  

The current Federal law requires an FBI background check on all gun purchases.  Somehow this guy wasn't flagged for additional review despite being the subject of 2 FBI investigations, the problem isn't the law it's the execution of it, just like it is with TSA.  

Joe Paradiso

14 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Do you know what a fact even is, cause you seem to throw the word around alot, what you stated is an ignorant opinion, not a fact.  I have security systems, dogs, and cameras to protect my home but if they get in, they're leaving in a body bag. 

You can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts. First of all, there is zero evidence that I am at a higher risk at home than a gun owner and actual self-defense gun use in the home is extremely rare. In FACT (there's that pesky word again), the evidence is overwhelming that a gun in the home exponentially increases the likelihood that a household member or a friend will be a victim of that firearm.

But getting back to the point of the thread, if there were common sense gun laws in this gun-crazy country that guy would not have been able to legally get his hands on that weapon, which is designed to kill people quickly and efficiently. It wasn't designed for hunting or home defense.

Edited by phan52

Bill M

Note: This thread is 2850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!