IGNORED

How do you overcome the 'complainer'?

Fairway_CY
Note: This thread is 2867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On June 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM, xcott said:

The people with 100k or 1m on the line don't throw temper tantrums on the course when they struggle. Maybe there is a correlation with better play and attitude.

This is arguable. Plenty of pro golfers have had moments of weakness. Cursed, thrown clubs, hell, there is video of one guy hitting himself in the head with a putter to the point he bent the shaft after a missed putt. But who needs self deprecating humor to have a chuckle after witnessing that? Know it's been posted before but I give you this (try not to laugh while you watch it. Not possible!):

And:

On June 15, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Jeremie Boop said:

I'll let @mcanadiens off the hook here a bit. I've played with him several times, and while he does get upset he's not over the top about it. He does toss a club, curse a bit, generally berates himself quietly, but he's not that bad. I don't have much problem getting him back to even keel, and like you said, it's good he knows that it's a problem. But he's far from the worst I've seen.

I'll give him a pass because his beer of choice on course is Stella Artois (it's better if you imagine Ralphies teacher saying it from a Christmas Story. C+...you'll shoot your eye out kid).  :whistle: Just breaking balls @mcanadiens.  I got up too early and obviously have had too much coffee already. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On June 15, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Lihu said:

What sort of people do you have a difficult time playing with? Some people just rub others the wrong way no matter who you are. It's not just you who could get easily aggravated by them, but others as well. It's just how one reacts outwardly, I suppose?

In any case, you're in with good company. They're definite keepers, except @CarlSpackler is moving to Orlando.

Try playing with @cipher and @saevel25 as well they are the nicest most helpful golfers you could ever play with anywhere.

I am playing Deltona Golf Course (suburb east of Orlando) tomorrow morning. Whenever we visit Cassie's parents (my in laws of course) I bring my clubs now.  So although I don't know @CarlSpackler or anyone else in the area; if anyone is ever up for playing a round with me there I'd be game, but be forewarned, I make hackers look good!

15 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

I am playing Deltona Golf Course (suburb east of Orlando) tomorrow morning. Whenever we visit Cassie's parents (my in laws of course) I bring my clubs now.  So although I don't know @CarlSpackler or anyone else in the area; if anyone is ever up for playing a round with me there I'd be game, but be forewarned, I make hackers look good!

I will be moving there the weekend of 7//9. I'll be busy moving over the next month or so, but plan to do lot's of golfing after that. :-D

- Shane

3 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I will be moving there the weekend of 7//9. I'll be busy moving over the next month or so, but plan to do lot's of golfing after that. :-D

Sweet, safe travels and premature welcome to FL. I'm truly horrible right now but going to start taking lessons so hopefully can knock a few strokes off my score before you make it. My goal is to break 100 before year is out. What area of Orlando are you moving too?

I sort of liked my buddy's idea.  We were playing with a particularly irritating guy in a tournament.  Somewhere on the back nine my friend turned to me and started this conversation:

Friend:  Now's your chance.

Me: What do you mean?

Friend: Hal is alone over there, No one is around.  You can hit him with your wedge and bury him in the woods.

Brian Kuehn

6 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Sweet, safe travels and premature welcome to FL. I'm truly horrible right now but going to start taking lessons so hopefully can knock a few strokes off my score before you make it. My goal is to break 100 before year is out. What area of Orlando are you moving too?

I think I will start another thread about my move to keep this on topic. We liked the Mr. Dora area, but have been focusing on Seminole County. Would love to find something in Lake Mary or Lake Brantley school districts.

- Shane

6 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I think I will start another thread about my move to keep this on topic. We liked the Mr. Dora area, but have been focusing on Seminole County. Would love to find something in Lake Mary or Lake Brantley school districts.

Definitely and then have posts moved over. Lake Mary is a nice area. Taking my wife to dinner at FishBones Saturday night and then probably head over to the big Corona Cigar Company (great cigar lounge/bar) for a port and a few sticks. **apologies for the OT posts**

Edited by Gator Hazard

30 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Sweet!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If a thread gets off topic in a polite, welcoming way such as this... I don't think anybody should ever have a problem with it!  

I spent last week in Orlando at Disney with my family and our friends from Minnesota.  Played the Lake Buena Vista course on property there twice.  

Perhaps I've grown slightly accustomed to the humidity in the south since I moved from New Jersey to South Carolina, but despite being mid 90's and fairly humid last week... I very much enjoyed my time on the course down there.  

My wife is trying to get me to move to Florida.  Not so sure I can do it, but... perhaps one day.

Safe travels and best wishes for a stress free move, @CarlSpackler!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Come on. No one has ever gone off on the course, right? There is nothing like hitting your tee shot into the woods on the left with a possibility that it went OB, then pounding your provisional down the middle of the fairway only to find your original ball in a spot behind a tree with virtually no shot except a possible 30 yd chip onto the fairway at less than half the distance of your provisional. But it's not over because your shot ricochets off a low hanging branch and hits you. Thus adding a penalty stroke to the shot as well as leaving you with the same lousy shot again. No one's ever gone off after that. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I play in a group frequently where we have multiple tee times and every now and then get paired with someone who wants to complain about everything.  I usually start out with "Hey, do you want some cheese with that whine?".  From there I can get pretty relentless but the rest of our group will do the same thing.  Complainers get a hard time when playing with us.  Granted, we do laugh when we are giving them crap but enough of you do it...the guy will definitely get the hint.   We had a guy who almost no one wanted to be paired with and finally we had a sit down discussion with him after a round over drinks when we saw the hard time we were giving him did no good.  We told him he needed to step back and take a look at himself.  Now the guy is totally different.  Remember, we did this as a group...not just me or another person only...as a group.  Has  much more impact that way.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Note: This thread is 2867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!