• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • @ncates00 Thanks for the Trackman chart. I got an early-summer tune-up on my existing driver, and the pro emphasized launch angle and spin rate.For some reason, I was coming almost flat -1* to +1*, and was losing distance over last year. And, not much rollout which was unusual for me. He had me move the loft up from stock 10.5* to 12.5* (max), and brought my hand position back about two inches to my belt buckle at setup. Also, he had me focus on extending up through ball. This increased my launch from about 11* to 16*, trimmed off some spin. I began getting carry out about 210 again with decent rollout, and my consistent draw returned. For general planning, there's a dynamic relationship among clubhead loft, clubhead speed and launch angle. So sometimes it's not just clubhead loft and shaft. Setup flaws and arrested release can also cause problems. The last two tend to show up as inconsistent ball flight patterns.
    • It isn't all about one loft fits all. There's conditions too. If the course is soggy, you may actually want more loft for higher flight and more carry distance to sacrifice roll out because that ball isn't going to roll much anyway. If the course conditions are dry and firm, you probably want a lower launch, less spin and more roll out. Another suggestion. For indoor at home work. Get one of those short little kids clubs for about $25 (most people have 8' ceilings). Practice the golf swing with it in super slow motion in front of a mirror. Make sure you hit every position perfectly. You can check the position of the club head to see if it is too open or too closed. Work on this for about 5 - 10 minutes a day. In super slow motion, this is a workout.  If you have access to an indoor range for the winter, you probably have access to lessons. 
    • The actual wording was: Priority on the Course Unless otherwise determined by the Committee, priority on the course is determined by a group's pace of play.  Any group playing a whole round is entitled to pass a group playing a shorter round.  (In 2008, the following sentence was added) The term 'group' includes a single player. & It is a group's responsibility to keep up with the group in front.  If it loses a clear hole and is delaying the group behind, it should invite the group behind to play through, irrespective of the number of players in that group.
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. AndyH22
      AndyH22
      (32 years old)
    2. dalegribble
      dalegribble
      (54 years old)
    3. Drive4ShowPuttOnPoa
      Drive4ShowPuttOnPoa
      (28 years old)
    4. Squiggley
      Squiggley
      (63 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...