IGNORED

Brexit - Leave or Remain

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 3002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Brexit - Leave or Remain  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Leave or Remain

• Leave
    • Remain

15 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

So if I meet ten nice Dutch people, and one areshole, I should think the same about them as I do Pakistanis, even if I have met ten aresholes and one nice person ?

If anything, my personal experience is what leads me to not be racist. 

I've met a bunch of different people of all different races. I'm hard-pressed to say that any race particular stands out in any sort of way that really matters. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
5 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

I find it strange that if I were to say "I like the Dutch" nobody would deride me for generalizing, however if I were to say "I don't like Pakistanis" it wouldn't take someone very long to call me a racist.

Ignoring the fact that neither "Dutch" nor "Pakistani" are races… both are "racist." One is just positive, and the other negative, and people tend to have problems with the negative ones.

2 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

LOL. After discussing this subject I thought it would be a good idea to see what you all think about Trump, so I started a thread. It has now been taken off. Now, that is political correctness gone mad. The man may end up your president, but we aren't allowed to talk about him. I presume your mods are democrats. For the record, I believe he is just what the world needs

So what on earth makes you think you can talk about it here?

Your topic was deleted because two previous topics we have about Donald Trump were locked. This is a golf forum, not a political one, and so when threads spiral out of control, they get locked, particularly when they're off topic.

The only responses you got in that thread prior to deletion were "oh no, not this again" and a comment or two pointing you toward the previously locked thread(s).

I'm a Libertarian who tends to vote Republican (but who hates the religious tie-ins and all that come from it with the modern-day Republican party). So no… the threads were locked and yours deleted because this is a golf site, not because we're all Democrats.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Ignoring the fact that neither "Dutch" nor "Pakistani" are races… both are "racist." One is just positive, and the other negative, and people tend to have problems with the negative ones.

So what on earth makes you think you can talk about it here?

Your topic was deleted because two previous topics we have about Donald Trump were locked. This is a golf forum, not a political one, and so when threads spiral out of control, they get locked, particularly when they're off topic.

The only responses you got in that thread prior to deletion were "oh no, not this again" and a comment or two pointing you toward the previously locked thread(s).

I'm a Libertarian who tends to vote Republican (but who hates the religious tie-ins and all that come from it with the modern-day Republican party). So no… the threads were locked and yours deleted because this is a golf site, not because we're all Democrats.

My comment was harmless, and was made in an open forum, in a political thread, NOT a golfing forum. I believe the warning I was given is because I am from the UK, and would never have been issued if I were American. If you don't want Brits to post on this site, then perhaps the site should be renamed "The American sandtrap"

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

2 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

My comment was harmless, and was made in an open forum, in a political thread, NOT a golfing forum. I believe the warning I was given is because I am from the UK, and would never have been issued if I were American. If you don't want Brits to post on this site, then perhaps the site should be renamed "The American sandtrap"

Way off base. Many of us long time members are not American. 

#VictimCardFail

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Now you sound like a liberal and I know you aren't one.  Trust me, we all get warnings here, old chap.  Suck it up bud.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator

You were not given a warning because you're from the UK. Not even a little.

Back to the topic please.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Now you sound like a liberal and I know you aren't one.  Trust me, we all get warnings here, old chap.  Suck it up bud.

Seconding this one....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

19 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Way off base. Many of us long time members are not American. 

#VictimCardFail

The topic is political, and it digressed to another political topic. Believe it or not, this is what happens on forums

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

The topic is political, and it digressed to another political topic. Believe it or not, this is what happens on forums

No, the Topic was "Brexit", not politics. 

It doesn't digress into other political stuff because that would be the definition of  :offtopic:

Guess what, you are not on other forums. #LogicFail

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 7/1/2016 at 8:04 AM, paininthenuts said:

I would be interested in knowing what the Americans think of the British regarding racism, as there was a comment earlier in this thread from someone who believes we are indeed racist. Of course, the word racism is very subjective. For example, I take everyone as an individual, and treat them as such. However, I believe many nations have their traits, and as such I may generalize from time to time. As a result of this some may say I am racist or xenophobic. 

It's my belief the UK is incredibly tolerant, in fact to tolerant, and has, as a result created problems for it's self. We have allowed people from other cultures to settle here in great numbers. Indefinitely these people huddle together and create societies within a society.  The problem being is that instead of raising their living standards to ours, they maintain the standards they had back in their own countries, and the next thing you know a ghetto is built. As a result of this many people feel resentful, and in some areas indigenous people feel like aliens in their own country. I am sure it can't be much different in the USA. 

The referendum was a great opportunity for many people to stick two fingers up at the establishment. Needless to say, there were other issues, but believe me, this was by far the largest of all. We, the people, have handed the government an opportunity to control immigration, but whether they take it is another question !!

Not wanting terrorists or unskilled refugees in your country is not racist, it's at worst being nationalistic.  People need to be properly vetted to make sure they aren't radicalized and we need to make sure they willing to be an integrated, contributing person to the society.  

Joe Paradiso

11 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Not wanting terrorists or unskilled refugees in your country is not racist, it's at worst being nationalistic.  People need to be properly vetted to make sure they aren't radicalized and we need to make sure they willing to be an integrated, contributing person to the society.  

Well said, Sir! Too many times those who advocate getting control of our borders and figuring out who's here legally, here illegally, and why they are here are labeled racist and intolerant by the PC police. Yet, when a man with allegiance to radical Islam murders and wounds how many gay people at a night club is the problem racism or intolerance? No! Suddenly the problem is guns!

I've usually found the "tolerance pimps" to be the most intolerant people around.

9 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Well said, Sir! Too many times those who advocate getting control of our borders and figuring out who's here legally, here illegally, and why they are here are labeled racist and intolerant by the PC police. Yet, when a man with allegiance to radical Islam murders and wounds how many gay people at a night club is the problem racism or intolerance? No! Suddenly the problem is guns!

I've usually found the "tolerance pimps" to be the most intolerant people around.

The problem is you have to be careful.  Muslims as a group are not all terrorists, just as not all Italians are in the mob and not all Germans were Nazi's.  We need better processes in place to ensure we don't allow questionable people into our countries while making sure we don't blindly label people due to association.  

Open borders during this time is an open invitation to terrorism into your country.  There's a fine line to walk and neither the xenophobes or "tolerance pimps" as you call them are helping the situation.  

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

The problem is you have to be careful.  Muslims as a group are not all terrorists, just as not all Italians are in the mob and not all Germans were Nazi's.  We need better processes in place to ensure we don't allow questionable people into our countries while making sure we don't blindly label people due to association.  

Open borders during this time is an open invitation to terrorism into your country.  There's a fine line to walk and neither the xenophobes or "tolerance pimps" as you call them are helping the situation.  

Your right. During the second world war the majority of Germans were  good people and not Nazis. Perhaps we shouldn't have taken the action we did, and let them carry on as they were. The same can be said now. The vast majority of Muslims are decent people, so let's carry on allowing the bad ones to kill our friends and families. Statistically speaking the UK will be a Muslim state by 2050. Fortunately I will be dead by then, but that doesn't stop me being resentful about what will happen to future generations. 

Whooopps, I feel another warning coming on :-D

46 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Your right. During the second world war the majority of Germans were  good people and not Nazis. Perhaps we shouldn't have taken the action we did, and let them carry on as they were. The same can be said now. The vast majority of Muslims are decent people, so let's carry on allowing the bad ones to kill our friends and families. Statistically speaking the UK will be a Muslim state by 2050. Fortunately I will be dead by then, but that doesn't stop me being resentful about what will happen to future generations. 

Whooopps, I feel another warning coming on :-D

You are wrong about the Nazi party. Actually the Nazi party was quite successful  and garnered a lot of registered followers due to WWI outcome and feeling that Germany needed to be a great country again with national pride. A large part of this came from them selling themselves as very moderate with many people joining under the idea that these were good things (nationalism and social programs to aid and help Germany's people be successful and have pride in country again) and did not forsee the evil to come from its leader and top officials (if you are going to make quotes about history it's not too hard to look up the actually history in this day and age).  Ultimately many good people joined the party and then we're basically captives as the leaders became more and more authoritarian  

Edited by Gator Hazard

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

You are wrong about the Nazi party.

:offtopic:

On 7/3/2016 at 10:30 AM, newtogolf said:

Absolutely right, newto! Most Muslims are just people who subscribe to a certain religion, and have the same problems that everyone else has. How to pay the bills, how to raise the kids, how to landscape the house, etc. I thought I was careful enough to confine my comments to "radical Islam". The radical right "Christianistas", who are trying to bring about the rapture, are just as dangerous!

It's like what Michael Caine, as Alfred the butler, said in one of the Batman movies. "Some men just want to watch the world burn!" As a sovereign nation, we have the right to safeguard ourselves from that!

On 7/2/2016 at 1:58 PM, newtogolf said:

Nationalistic-relating to or showing a belief that your country is better and more important than other countries

"Not wanting terrorists or unskilled refugees in your country is not racist" however it is xenophobic.

We dont vet our own citizens and we kill more of each other than any foreign "terrorist" has this year, maybe it is different in Britain.

The idea that unskilled refugees are coming to America to be be lazy and kill us for their beliefs is nothing more than fear mongering.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Note: This thread is 3002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!