IGNORED

Bubba Watson on 60 Minutes

Note: This thread is 1797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There was a story and interview on Bubba Watson on 60 minutes. It was interesting to note all the phobias Bubba has including fear of crowds.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bubba-watson-60-minutes-masters-tournament-2/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought it was an interesting interview; I don't hate or love Bubba but I have similar hang-ups about crowds and strangers so have some empathy for him.  I have no idea how he can get up in front of crowds and cameras and play golf at his level.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked how his caddy responded when asked if Bubba sometimes took his frustration out on him. He said (paraphrasing) "80% of the players on tour do that. You can't be a caddy on the PGA tour and be thin-skinned". He went on to say he was ok with it and it was usually forgotten within a minute or so.

A nice insight to the complex being he is... I'm still not a fan and nor will I be but makes you think there's something off with the guy. Thanks for the link!

Golf digest did an article a while back and they talked with his caddie and others. I don't really care for him but I like him (dislike him less is probably more accurate) better after hearing what they all were saying about him. They did mention his phobias and his ranger father telling him not to trust anyone so you can see where he gets a lot of his standoffish attitude. His caddie said his father was extremely standoffish to him for a very long time.  But everyone close to him says that when you are in you are in and he treats you well and cares for you so that's nice I guess. Still a butthead most of the time 

Note: This thread is 1797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.