Sign in to follow this  
colin007

2016 British Open at Royal Troon Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 1318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

419 posts / 26366 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Wow that's the third time a ball has horseshoed with a shot at 62.

On the plus side, I cashed in my bet already. Took the under on 64. Nice to be having a beer on that on a Thursday.

1 hour ago, Aflighter said:

Looks like a pebble or something kicked it right.His putt took an abrupt turn.Think it actually hopped up over something.62 ghosts.

OK guys - who didn't tamp down their spike mark 6 inches from the hole?

Fess up......

Even PERFECT putts don't always go it - cripes, it was right in the gut too

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Aflighter said:

Looks like a pebble or something kicked it right.His putt took an abrupt turn.Think it actually hopped up over something.62 ghosts.

I noticed that as well. Bummer. Great round.

That was fun to watch.  I have no idea how that ball didn't go in on 18!

have to admit, I want to see some weather kick in for the next couple of days though.

Will be interesting to see if the weather turns tomorrow like they say. Sounds like the afternoon guys tomorrow may get the worst of it. 

Eventually a 62 is gonna happen. Was hoping a legend like Tiger or Phil would get it first. Would have been great to add to their HOF resume.

Edited by ChrisP

1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

OK guys - who didn't tamp down their spike mark 6 inches from the hole?

Fess up......

Even PERFECT putts don't always go it - cripes, it was right in the gut too

Yeah, after they replayed it  didnt see a pebble.Probably spike mark or small indentation.

Good to see Phil have such a great round, it's been a while.  Looks like the nice weather is over and these guys will be feeling the full force of Royal Troon in a few hours.  

Weather already harder on the players today - just the one birdie been made on the first compared to the huge number yesterday. Should make a more interesting watch and anyone already under par getting a 66/67 should be right up there (unless it's Phil). My money would be on -8 leading by the end of the day

Edited by b101

Rory, the opposite of Phil yesterday. I lost count of how many to get out. F***ing revetted bunkers! Edit: thought that was part of first round - it was during a practice round. Thought he looked casual about it.

Aggregate age of top four right now is 167. Yay old guys.

Note: This thread is 1318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!