IGNORED

Best looking irons? Have your say.

Hacksaw
Note: This thread is 4904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hmm... Those look familiar. Nice pics!

yea, I definately jacked the pictures, but they were the best pics I could find.

Driver:taylormade.gif R5
3 Wood:cleveland.gif Hi Bore
Irons:mizuno.gif MP-57
Wedges:vokey.gif 56,58
Putter:ping.gifBall:titleist.gif Pro V1

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, I definately jacked the pictures, but they were the best pics I could find.

LOL, no problem. Just giving ya a hard time.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

They are gorgeous looking irons. I have one problem however. The logo looks too much like the NY Yankees logo, who I hate with a passion.

I don't hate the Yankees, but I too thought the logo pretty much ruined the aesthetic qualify of the irons. Otherwise they look fantastic.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Wilson Fg-51 blades...Also vintage Wilson Dynapower irons

I'm totally up for a challenge, but these look ridiculously hard to hit. Almost as if an advanced engineering degree may help. Did any pro's ever play/win with these?

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

I'm totally up for a challenge, but these look ridiculously hard to hit. Almost as if an advanced engineering degree may help. Did any pro's ever play/win with these?

That is absolutely gorgeous.

That is absolutely gorgeous.

I agree - I have that pic as my wallpaper on my work computer.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

mp 58, tm rac tp smoke blades, 710 mb's 695's

Burner Superfast 9.5, Matrix S-Flex
Big Bertha 3 Wood (Old) : R Flex : 15.5 Degree
Idea Pro Gold Tour Prototype : Javelin FX R Flex : 20 Degree
804.OS 3-PW, Pro 970 R Flex
CG 14 : 52 Degrees : Project X Wedge Flex Forged X Tour : 56 Degrees : Rusted Sedona Putter Pro V1 Ball

Is this thread possibly still alive? There is no question that my First Flight Eagles are the best irons ever. Yeah, that's right. First Flight. Tony Penna. Mid-1960's. Many clubs since have approximated the style, but none have surpassed the quality of the FF muscle backs. At least that's what my pro said when he convinced me to purchase a new set of Titleist AP 1 irons.

• 2 months later...

Of the new 2011 offerings, I really like these. Traditional and modern at the same time.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.golf-reviews.org/images/t...-ap2-irons.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_loy5xbIO8J...-+address.jpg\

Titleist 710 AP2's. They are almost blades, but definately more forgiving. They look so clean at adress. Have a look for yourself.

Whats in my 14 Way Stand Bag?? Just...
taylormade.gif Superfast TP 8.5* Matrix HD6 Stiff
taylormade.gif '07 Burner 5 wood 18* Snr. 50g
titleist.gif 710 AP2 3-PW w/ Dy. Gold S300
taylormade.gif Z TP 52* 8* stock wedgeflexscratch.gif 8620 56* with D/S grindcallaway.gif 2009 Forged X-Tour 60* 10* bounce stock wedgeflexcameron.gif Pro Platinum Laguna 2.5, 32.5inches

When they first arrived, I found my 1994 Ben Hogan Apex channelbacks very pleasant to look at. After a few rounds at indoor golf, I was smitten. Then came a couple rounds outdoors in June that changed everything - they let me down big time. How can irons that are so fantastic indoors be so disappointing off the turf. Those irons are a two face - I can't be seen with them.

The irons my signature right now are the most beautiful.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 3 weeks later...
I think the logo has to come into play with the look of the club. While Mizuno's irons are nice looking, their logo is not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as a Nike swoosh or the titleist script...IMO.

Titleist 710, 690,681's are all very good looking. Th original Nike blades were just copies of the 681 (for Tiger) so its no wonder why everyone likes them.

I think the logo has to come into play with the look of the club. While Mizuno's irons are nice looking, their logo is not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as a Nike swoosh or the titleist script...IMO.

I like scipt logos - Ben Hogan (the full name - not "Hogan"), Tour Action (especially when a 588 appears with it), Mizuno Pro (old school), Titleist, Bobby Jones, Cleveland, MacGregor, Tommy Armour, Bobby Grace, . . .

Note: This thread is 4904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!