IGNORED

I am playing in the US Mid-AM qualifier, but I need your help.

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, kpaulhus said:

I am going to use my Game Golf for the practice round and will share it with you guys. I dont plan on using it for the actual qualifying round. 

Why not use it for the tournament?

Keep it consistent. And you'll have your chart of your round. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why not use it for the tournament?

Keep it consistent. And you'll have your chart of your round. :-)

Yeah, you might get thrown off going to tap and its not there. ;)  (If you feel like its bugging you, you can always stop)

• Administrator
Just now, Golfingdad said:

Yeah, you might get thrown off going to tap and its not there. ;)  (If you feel like its bugging you, you can always stop)

Plus, it's easier to add holes and shots to a round on GG after if you start the round with a GG on the golf course.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

Wow, congrats. I am looking forward to the experience on Monday. I heard from a friend who played his practice round Wednesday and he said all of the par 3's are over 200 yards. A friend that overheard that says, woah! I just shrugged my shoulders. I was already expecting that and have been playing my par 3's at my home course from 210-225 already. Last round today before my practice round Sunday.

I am going to use my Game Golf for the practice round and will share it with you guys. I dont plan on using it for the actual qualifying round. 

you haven't received the yardages from the usga yet? usually they won't have all the par 3's over 200. at least from my experience. They'll usually have AT LEAST one short one (160ish). learn a lot from your practice round! clubs off the tee, sight lines, places to miss, places not to miss. have a blast! 

29 minutes ago, yai said:

you haven't received the yardages from the usga yet? usually they won't have all the par 3's over 200. at least from my experience. They'll usually have AT LEAST one short one (160ish). learn a lot from your practice round! clubs off the tee, sight lines, places to miss, places not to miss. have a blast! 

Yes, we are playing the brown tees. So I've already marked down what club I think I will hit on each tee in my yardage book. The par 3's are not over 200 on the card (170-185-133-184-225), so maybe they were moving them around the other day. Ill be sure to use my laser with slope in the practice round to get actual yardages because the elevation changes can be drastic. 

The par 3 10th is about 10 yards wide total, so having a gap wedge into that green will be nice. Right off the tee and Im off the side of a mountain. There is a bunker all along the left side. 

Blessings.jpg

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

21 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Is there any way we can follow this tournament and your progress online in real time?

Slightly o/t, but curious - does Game Golf have a feature to enable this?  Realtime visibility to someone else sharing their live shots and scoring just by, say, searching their username?  Seems like a great way to allow something like this to happen.

If not, I claim IP rights to the feature. :-)

Edited by wannabe

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, wannabe said:

Slightly o/t, but curious - does Game Golf have a feature to enable this?  Realtime visibility to someone else sharing their live shots and scoring just by, say, searching their username?  Seems like a great way to allow something like this to happen.

Yes, if he wanted to use GG Live paired with his phone. With the phone in the bag, the screen would stay off and it would be fine, really. When I use GG Live, I flip the phone upside down so the screen stays off, and it just updates as it goes.

But I don't know if he'd want the hassle of having his phone on, running GAME GOLF, but tucked away in a pocket. It would work, but it just may be some small thing that's too much to worry about/think about.

But he could do it, and it would work.

• Upvote 1

So I could have my phone on in my bag, on the game golf live app, and you guys would be able to follow me live? If so we can test this Sunday during my practice round. 

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

So I could have my phone on in my bag, on the game golf live app, and you guys would be able to follow me live? If so we can test this Sunday during my practice round. 

Hmmm, I'm re-thinking this actually. I think you still have to "sign" the round before it goes up.

I think the "live" part has more to do with the fact that you're seeing your stats live on your phone, not necessarily that others can follow along, because they still have that thing at the end where you "submit" your round or whatever it's called.

Just now, iacas said:

Hmmm, I'm re-thinking this actually. I think you still have to "sign" the round before it goes up.

I think the "live" part has more to do with the fact that you're seeing your stats live on your phone, not necessarily that others can follow along, because they still have that thing at the end where you "submit" your round or whatever it's called.

I see now. In that case, I should just leave my phone in the car and upload it that night. It would  be pretty cool if someone could follow along, but other than my caddie I dont think anyone is going to follow me on the course.

Kyle Paulhus

8 hours ago, wannabe said:

Answered my own question.  It was requested a few months ago  - GAMEGOLF Forum Feature Request - Watch Someone Else's Round Live Online

Edited by wannabe

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

12 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

I see now. In that case, I should just leave my phone in the car and upload it that night. It would  be pretty cool if someone could follow along, but other than my caddie I dont think anyone is going to follow me on the course.

Too bad I'm working on Monday. Otherwise I'd come down so you'd have someone to yell you-da-man, bababooey, and mashed potatoes for ya ;-)

• Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
14 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

Oh, c'mon, what's your wife doing that day? :-) Certainly nothing that important…

Didnt touch a club today. Still couldn't stop thinking about the round. Practice round tomorrow at 3 on what will probably be a soft damp course. 

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

First off, good luck. I know it's tough and you will be nervous but you need to try hard not to try hard.  Just go out and free wheel. Hit it find it and hit it again and forget the shot you just hit before you hit the next. 

If you drink my advice would be to not drink any tonight. Instead hydrate with water and fruit.  You will probably feel like a kid on Christmas Eve and not be able to sleep. You will set multiple alarms so you don't over sleep. 

Eat a substantial breakfast (no sugary danish or rolls) and try to poop before you start your warmup. You don't want to get weak in the middle of the round or have to find a portapotty. 

Throw some water, a banana and a low sugar protein bar in your bag. You make bad decisions when you're hungry. 

I always want to do well or I wouldn't have signed up.  But if I don't I am always ok with it. At the end of the day whether I qualify or not I still have bills to pay and family who loves me. So qualifying doesn't change my life.

Overall I had a pretty good practice round. Had some issues with hooking the ball on the front 9 and ended up shooting +10 47. On the back I figured it out, kept the ball in play, and made a few birdies en route to a +1 36 for an 83 overall. The two guys I played with were from Missouri and Texas and had never seen the course. Just keeping them on the right path to the next hole was fun. They both agreed that over par will be the qualifying numbers tomorrow. They also couldn't believe we had to walk the course. The hills and distance between green to tee on some holes is crazy, but I already knew that and have been expecting it.

I'm excited for tomorrow. I think Ill play better than I did today, and my caddie asked me to count to 2 before I hit my shot, just to slow me down a bit. I started hitting much better shots and lost the hook on the back 9 after doing so. The weather looks very promising for tomorrow morning as it will be in the high 70's when I tee off and minimal chance for rain. Here is my GG practice round:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Kpaulhus/round/1101043

• Upvote 3

Kyle Paulhus

@kpaulhusGood luck.  Look forward to your report and hearing that you qualified for the next round :banana:

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Note: This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!