IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge July 2016

Note: This thread is 2797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7/21/2016:

Just putting practice today. It's hard to practice short putts, very boring, but I'm trying to force myself... tired of missing them when I play. :8)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7/22 - got LSW in the mail yesterday! Worked on 5SK #1-3 this morning in backyard w/8i.  Excited to see how things go over the next month with new foci. :dance:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I practiced for about 30 minutes this morning - hitting my 8iron into the net.  I found another thing to stop swaying.  I had managed to cut a lot of the bad sway out of my swing but I was still moving my head several inches back in the takeaway and then forward again - right to the spot where it started.  I did this pretty much by adding more and more torso rotation and fixing my downswing path to be compatible. 

I never could get the feel of upper/lower body separation.  Perhaps because I was always thinking about it at the waste/hips.  On camera, though, I noticed my head really moves back in the first part of the takeaway and I forced it not to . . and I felt separation. 

Since then I've been working a lot on feeling this "stretch" of my torso away from my hips and head.  This has been really great for my consistency and quality of strike. 

I've been coupling this with another new move I added with regard to increasing the angle at the start of the downswing and the results have been promising.  I tried a lot of different things to increase the angle and the results have been pretty meh . . until lately I just had this realization that I could just "increase the angle" if I wanted to.  Like . .I didn't need a thought to do it . .could just do it.  I feel more stress on my wrists than the shaft, though - so I still think there's plenty more to work on here. 

15 minutes mirror work focusing on transition feel and position from A4 to 5 in the mirror.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7/22/16:

Putting with Alina this morning my foci were read bead and speed and she still creamed me.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I played nine holes after work today. I was focusing on improving accuracy with the driver, which I did; too bad I used 4-wood on three holes, which resulted in a snap-hook, a toe-shank, and a push-draw that clipped a tree before the draw could kick in.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

7/23 - finished LSW last night; focused on steady head and weight transfer forward this morning for approx 15 mins with 7i.  Hope to hit the range tomorrow 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I think I strained a muscle in my chest at some point between practicing on Thursday and playing on Friday, so I'm not up for full swings today. Instead, I took my driver and rehearsed the swing from A6 to A8, concentrating on making an upward strike through impact. I think I can get a few more yards off the tee if I can hit up more consistently.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

7/23/2016:

Played 2 rounds today. One from the front tees using my 5 iron and one from the second tee using my 3 wood. With all of the practice, putting was definitely better, but still have a way to go.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

7/23/16:

Played 18 holes today as part of the Sand Trap Upstate New York outing at Conklin Players Club today... Shot 95... really enjoyed the Course even though I butchered some holes... though the wind was stronger than expected.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Range session today.  Started with driver. Worked on flattening the shaft from A4 to 5 and closing the face. The picture is changing with the driver and 3w but I am still leaving the face a bit open and getting push fades. 

With the irons, I am still a bit steep at A5. Made good contact with mostly draws to slight pull draws. I made some adjustments and the flight straightened.  

I did mostly slower swings.

finished the session with short game, pitches, chips and sand shots. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7/24/16:

Practices chipping and pitching in the yard today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

7/24 - range day! Finally put into practice all my swing work at home this week. Draw flight shaping up nicely. My 5SK's #1-4 showing much improvement as well as my pitch motion. Very excited to play...whenever that may be

-Jonny

The ribs still hurt. Did some putting in my living room, working on aiming along the correct line.

Bare minimum today - we celebrated my wife's birthday last night and I was hung over all day, lol.  10 minutes max . . over 2 sessions.  I hit some 8 irons into the net - working on my new "0 sway" feeling of my head staying still while my torso turns away and also on the "leaf spring" move in the transition where I "decrease the angle" into the downswing.  My weight shift was awful today. 

7/25 - after gym this morning did my morning grip, stance, take aways; head still, focussing on LOW POINT, with good weight shift.  Building a lot of confidence over this month with the 5-min daily challenge...should have done this years ago. 

-Jonny

7/25/16:

86 days in a row! Wow!

I worked on my driver and irons this morning... mostly focusing on flaring my feet, and turning instead of swaying.

• Upvote 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 2797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!