IGNORED

Golf balls for beginner to intermediate player

Note: This thread is 2816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lots of three piece out there but imho its more about the cover than the pieces. Urethane golf balls tend to spin significantly more than surlyn golf balls whether they be two piece or three piece. That being said, heres a list to start with;

Bridgestone e6, Top flite Gamer, Nike Hyperflights, Taylormade Aeroburner Pro, and Wilson Duo spin. My favorite three piece surlyn would be the Hyperflight and the e6. The Gamer soft is very close to the e6 in performance but is significantly cheaper, and a bit firmer in feel. The e6 feels amazing and will hold most greens, the Hyperflights from Nike are a real sleeper. Long straight distance, good feel, and pretty good spin for a surlyn ball.

2 minutes ago, stealthhwk said:

Lots of three piece out there but imho its more about the cover than the pieces. Urethane golf balls tend to spin significantly more than surlyn golf balls whether they be two piece or three piece. That being said, heres a list to start with;

Bridgestone e6, Top flite Gamer, Nike Hyperflights, Taylormade Aeroburner Pro, and Wilson Duo spin. My favorite three piece surlyn would be the Hyperflight and the e6. The Gamer soft is very close to the e6 in performance but is significantly cheaper, and a bit firmer in feel. The e6 feels amazing and will hold most greens, the Hyperflights from Nike are a real sleeper. Long straight distance, good feel, and pretty good spin for a surlyn ball.

Sorry all, missed my quote button. Three pc balls list for at @RFG1022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You can definitely put an e6 out of bounds.  I've done it plenty :-).

It doesn't spin as widely for me on mishits and flies generally with how you struck it.   At my higher handicap it's felt good throughout all my clubs and it doesn't roll off like some of the even cheaper balls.

Golfballsdirect gets them under a buck a ball which is nice. 

42 minutes ago, RFG1022 said:

What about srixon golf balls? My friend bought me some. Are they any good for spin etc? It's the green box they say Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls.

I get good spin on shots into the green with the z stars, just a bit less with q stars. Either is what I buy now. Haven't played the soft feels.

3 hours ago, RFG1022 said:

What about srixon golf balls? My friend bought me some. Are they any good for spin etc? It's the green box they say Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls.

Srixon Soft Feel golf balls are a medium compression distance golf ball. Not much approach or greenside spin. Def not a terrible ball, but not great either.

Note: This thread is 2816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!