Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

A quick overview of the redan hole, with lots of examples

Note: This thread is 1134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 posts / 1338 viewsLast Reply

Great sketch and photos of redans, that Chicago green is squarer than those in Oakmont.

The original redan hole is the 15th hole at North Berwick Golf Club in Scotland, designed by Ben Sayers. Many consider the redan as the best par 3 design in golf. I think it’s a phenomenal design because of the options it gives golfers of different skill levels. Birdies, pars and big numbers can be had by great players and average players alike. 

http://www.friedegg.co/golf-courses/redan-holes

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Great sketch and photos of redans, that Chicago green is squarer than those in Oakmont.

http://www.friedegg.co/golf-courses/redan-holes

I like RTJ's 12th at Spyglass - spectacular setting with a pond rather than a bunker as the chief hazard - the farther back the flag is on the hole the more of the pond you have to carry and it doesn't help that the green slopes in the direction of the pond as well.

I believe I've played two redan holes.

The original, at North Berwick, and the one at Camargo Club near Cinci.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/courses/golfing_scotland_with_go_ahead_tours

the 15th at Philly Cricket is a classic example of this as well. it was redone during the renovation back to the original layout....great hole if you don't mind a kick in the nuts at the back part of the round!!

On July 5, 2016 at 9:43 PM, iacas said:

I believe I've played two redan holes.

The original, at North Berwick, and the one at Camargo Club near Cinci

The 5th hole at Peek'n Peak Upper Course (last week's web.com venue) is redan-ish, if you ignore the elevated tee.

My favorite redan hole is 17 at Mid Ocean in Bermuda.

Note: This thread is 1134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!