Sign in to follow this  
MrDC

What a wonderful 4th of July Weekend for golf!

Note: This thread is 1321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 posts / 578 viewsLast Reply

It was hot, but hot is good, hot is golf.

I rode 18 on Sunday at a beautiful course on the water, whisper quiet electric carts (hate gas) that actually stopped on their own if you went into a no-no area! gotta back up, very cool although a little annoying, but the course was in great shape so it works.

On Monday I walked 27, my legs are toast, and the sun got to me even with sunscreen on, but it was heaven.

How about you?

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

The weather was perfect in the Mitten.  Played Friday afternoon and Saturday.  Hit the ball well, scored decently and had good company on the course.  As a bonus, pace of play was sub-4 hours for the four-ball laden courses.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ha- this new thread is the perfect antidote to the thread above. I didn't play much myself except some range work, but the course near me seemed pretty busy (in VA). I'm thinking some mid-week play may be in the cards.

I spent Saturday morning in the car for 10 hours driving to New Jersey for a family BBQ.  It was nice to see everyone, but... no golf to be played in such a short amount of time.

I spent Monday morning and afternoon in the car for 10 hours driving back to South Carolina.  I passed a number of golf courses and was insanely jealous of every single person on those courses.  

It was a beautiful weekend for golf... I just didn't get to partake.  

Looking forward to this coming weekend where I'll be playing 54 holes between Saturday and Monday, though!

CY

Fantastic weekend in Minnesota/Wisconsin

9 on Thurs

18 Friday

18 Sunday

Beautiful and cool and clear.

I too was in Minnesota at our lake cabin.

9 on Thursday afternoon

18 Friday morning

18 Saturday morning

18 Sunday morning

9 Monday morning

Played well all weekend, Was -2 thru 7 on Thursday until I doubled hole 8 to finish up even.  Played with a good buddy Saturday and Sunday morning at a 9 hole course we haven't played before.  Shot 77 Saturday and 73 Sunday, so not a bad weekend.

Note: This thread is 1321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!