IGNORED

Underwear for golfing?

Note: This thread is 2742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Up here in Southern Ontario it gets very humid. So humid that skin gets really sticky. This results in chaffing :(

My favorite pairs of golfing underwear (lululemon) are finally wearing out. I am on the hunt for some new ones. The Lululemon ones were quite expensive at nearly $50 per pair. Does anyone have any other suggestions for brands/styles to look at?

I am always amazed that tour pros aren't talking about the boxers and sunscreen they use. To me these are some of the most important items I wear on the golf course :)

Ian

Ian

So often, we remind people to use the search function for subject matter that's been discussed time and again...

...not this time.  :-\

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

So often, we remind people to use the search function for subject matter that's been discussed time and again...

...not this time.  :-\

I actually tried that! I didn't find anything at all. My search term was 'underwear' and 'boxers'. hehe.

Ian

23 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Vq5m_f-maxage-0.gif

Dr! Emil! Schoffhausen!!  The third!!  Great performance by both of them. 

I just wear regular boxers. If they are that soft almost flannel type feeling boxers they will bunch up and it sucks but regular boxers seem to work okay for me in FL. May look into getting other ones. I use anti chaffing stick when it's really muggy out so I'm not walking like John Wayne after my round. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

I just wear regular boxers. If they are that soft almost flannel type feeling boxers they will bunch up and it sucks but regular boxers seem to work okay for me in FL. May look into getting other ones. I use anti chaffing stick when it's really muggy out so I'm not walking like John Wayne after my round. 

HAHA! Yes.

I never given this topic a singular thought until i read this thread. Now my life is ruined forever. 

And now you have to know i rock the bikinis. Leopard, baby. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

3 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

Anti-chaffing stick eh? Perhaps we should start a separate thread on those?

I actually use this 'passion party' stuff my wife bought at a bachelorette shindig. I think it is for vigorous 'rubbing' during 'lovemaking'. It has worked well for those hot days on the course :)

I have found the tight boxers work the best. Usually ones that are tight to the legs, and long, like half way down my thigh. I have a bunch of under armor ones but they are shorter and do that bunching thing.

The John Wayne walk is exactly what I am trying to avoid :)

hmm. I hadn't thought of perhaps really long thigh high socks ;)

2 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

HAHA! Yes.

I never given this topic a singular thought until i read this thread. Now my life is ruined forever. 

My thighs rub when I use the bikini ones :( Darn fat legs :(

Ian

Ian

1 hour ago, IanW said:

I actually use this 'passion party' stuff my wife bought at a bachelorette shindig. I think it is for vigorous 'rubbing' during 'lovemaking'. It has worked well for those hot days on the course :)

I have found the tight boxers work the best. Usually ones that are tight to the legs, and long, like half way down my thigh. I have a bunch of under armor ones but they are shorter and do that bunching thing.

Ian

Ah yes. Naturally.  

I think this is a legitimate subject.

I just use regular old tight biker underware.  It's like a 10 -15$ at the most and does the job well.. I get upset when I forget to wear them because it means it will be a rough couple days walking around after.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

3 hours ago, IanW said:

Ian

I can't unsee this in my mind now.... Where's the bleach....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

1 hour ago, Abu3baid said:

I just use regular old tight biker underware.  It's like a 10 -15$ at the most and does the job well.. I get upset when I forget to wear them because it means it will be a rough couple days walking around after.

I thought so too. Then it took an odd turn. :hmm:

My personal recommendation for comfort in hot weather is cotton boxers or boxers / boxer briefs of CoolMax material.

Kevin

7 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

HAHA! Yes.

Gross.

2 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

But what do you wear under the biker shorts?

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

My office averages 120 degrees this time of year and the golf courses around here 95-102 with a heat index five to eight degrees warmer. My go to are the adidas climalite performance boxer briefs. Or there are some very good ones from champion on amazon. Both are loads cheaper than your previous ones. The champion ones bunch less as they are a tad stiffer. The adidas wick sweat better but both stand up to my torture test so u should be fine with either. Good luck!  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ISRCCLC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1467843561&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=mens+champion+boxer+briefs&dpPl=1&dpID=41Ztj0Gap8L&ref=plSrch 

Edited by stealthhwk
Added stuff
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stealthhwk said:

My office averages 120 degrees this time of year and the golf courses around here 95-102 with a heat index five to eight degrees warmer. My go to are the adidas climalite performance boxer briefs. Or there are some very good ones from champion on amazon. Both are loads cheaper than your previous ones. Good luck!  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ISRCCLC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1467843561&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=mens+champion+boxer+briefs&dpPl=1&dpID=41Ztj0Gap8L&ref=plSrch 

Wtf?

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 minute ago, stealthhwk said:

Lol. Ur gonna have to be more specific for me to solve your mystery.

I'm assuming he's wondering about an office that is 120 degrees - that's what stood out to me.

Note: This thread is 2742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!