IGNORED

Golf and Finger Pain

pkrucz

On 7/15/2016 at 9:19 AM, paininthenuts said:

I once had a lesson, and the pro asked me to hold out my club. She told me that if I were gripping it correctly, she would be able to pull it from my hands with two fingers. 

Seriously? Maybe for your putter.

That kind of grip pressure would have the club flying out of your hands at impact IMO.

Kevin

15 hours ago, pkrucz said:

yes, I was hitting fat a lot, but that's reduced quite a bit with some weight transfer practice.  I do hit off mats at least once a week and in the garage I'll swing off some very thick (modern) astro tuff I pickedup ... the shock of hitting the ground hard is felt immediately and i'm sure is a partial cause.

It could be a major cause.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to add that, I had some hand-pain over the last half year, and trigger finger. I would recommend sleeping with wrist-splints. I know it sounds hard to believe, but it cured my problems within 2 weeks, not sure why exactly. I been playing golf now every day as well, and just have some soreness in the morning (1 out of 10 pain). 

• iacas changed the title to Golf and Finger Pain

I have got trigger finger in the middle finger of my right hand, just recovering from mallet finger on the ring finger of my right hand, calcified tendons in both hands, and arthritis in both hands. I spend the evening with my hands in an electric hand massager to keep me going

On 7/16/2016 at 2:11 PM, pkrucz said:

yeah, I'm not ready for any competition I'm trying to hit them straight and keep them in the fairway a little more successfully than last year, but not much -  I signed up to play in bi-wkly tournaments, I played so badly before the first one I decided not to embarass myself.

I'm going to try to loosed my grip and see how that goes first - thanks!

As you know there are a miilion and one things to remember about a golf swing. If I could only give you one tip, it would be to relax

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades