IGNORED

Free project {a} golf balls, anyone get theirs?

Note: This thread is 2712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A while back in the "what ball and why" thread, @Jeremie Boop posted a link to get a free sleeve of project {a} balls from TaylorMade.  I got an email saying they were overwhelmed with orders and it would take some time.

I haven't seen them yet.  Just wondering if anyone got theirs and if you like them?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, krupa said:

A while back in the "what ball and why" thread, @Jeremie Boop posted a link to get a free sleeve of project {a} balls from TaylorMade.  I got an email saying they were overwhelmed with orders and it would take some time.

I haven't seen them yet.  Just wondering if anyone got theirs and if you like them?

I got the same email, and then I got another of the original "7-10 day" notice which has also passed by. I apologize to anyone who signed up after I mentioned it who is still waiting for their golf balls.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Yes, I got mine.  It did take a few weeks from when I registered.  It's my regular ball, so yes, I like them.  They seem a little easier to control off the driver than say a ProV1.  Not quite as much green-side spin, but enough for me, and I like the feel off the putter and other clubs.

Just now, Jeremie Boop said:

I got the same email, and then I got another of the original "7-10 day" notice which has also passed by. I apologize to anyone who signed up after I mentioned it who is still waiting for their golf balls.

No worries, you have nothing to apologize for unless you work for TaylorMade. :)

I was just wondering if anyone had received them.

10 minutes ago, krupa said:

No worries, you have nothing to apologize for unless you work for TaylorMade. :)

I was just wondering if anyone had received them.

I guess I just feel bad because I was the one who brought up the giveaway and now people who signed up are having to wait a ridiculously long amount of time.

11 minutes ago, drmevo said:

Yes, I got mine.  It did take a few weeks from when I registered.  It's my regular ball, so yes, I like them.  They seem a little easier to control off the driver than say a ProV1.  Not quite as much green-side spin, but enough for me, and I like the feel off the putter and other clubs.

Good, I'm glad someone has been able to get theirs. I keep putting off buying more golf balls because I thought these would come, but at this point I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy some more.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I guess I just feel bad because I was the one who brought up the giveaway and now people who signed up are having to wait a ridiculously long amount of time.

Good, I'm glad someone has been able to get theirs. I keep putting off buying more golf balls because I thought these would come, but at this point I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy some more.

I actually got the offer email directly from Taylormade, so I might've signed up before you had posted that thread and gotten in early.  

I'll also mention, another reason I like the Project(a) is that I can get them at Walmart and Target, so if it's the night before I'm going to play and I realize I'm running low on balls I can always run out and grab some.      

3 minutes ago, drmevo said:

I actually got the offer email directly from Taylormade, so I might've signed up before you had posted that thread and gotten in early.  

I'll also mention, another reason I like the Project(a) is that I can get them at Walmart and Target, so if it's the night before I'm going to play and I realize I'm running low on balls I can always run out and grab some.      

That would make sense if you beat the rush. It's not that I can't find them anywhere, but if I have some coming free I'd rather not go pay $35 for some. That's just me being cheap though, because that's another round of golf and a bucket of balls at the range!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Annoyingly enough I heard from 3 people today who I referred via email that they got theirs today. I have yet to receive any myself and we all live in the same city. I don't know if they are waiting and just plan on sending out all of the free sleeves at once to those of us who referred multiple people or something, just seems strange.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

13 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Annoyingly enough I heard from 3 people today who I referred via email that they got theirs today. I have yet to receive any myself and we all live in the same city. I don't know if they are waiting and just plan on sending out all of the free sleeves at once to those of us who referred multiple people or something, just seems strange.

Interesting...I just received a free sleeve of TaylorMade balls here at my house. I didn't sign up for them but they were addressed to a "Jeremy Bewp"...

Colin P.

Just now, colin007 said:

Interesting...I just received a free sleeve of TaylorMade balls here at my house. I didn't sign up for them but they were addressed to a "Jeremy Bewp"...

ROFL, funny man, funny man

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just received my sleeve today.

My sleeve came yesterday. 

We'll see if my wife's and or son's sleeve come at any point soon.  They entered the exact same information as me and used my referral code so we'll see if they get theirs and I get my bonus ones. 

That is a great ball and well worth the wait. I imagine they got so many people signing up for the free 3 pack that they fell behind in manufacturing. TM will be happy with the response but will be upset with their inability to fill the need. I hope people don't get so mad they start bad mouthing TM. I really liked this ball when I was playing white balls, but I only play yellow now because they are easier for these old eyes to see. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, jusanothajoe said:

I also used @Jeremie Boop link. Got confirmation email.

Haven't received any balls yet

Three people that I sent email invitations to received theirs, but I haven't received any myself. I'm not sure what happened. I did see a post somewhere saying they were promising to have all of the sleeves sent out by the end of last month. I'm just going to assume that I won't get my sleeves from the deal, which is fine. It was a free promotion so it's not really any loss. Just seems as though they did a poor job of running this giveaway.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:11 PM, Jeremie Boop said:

Three people that I sent email invitations to received theirs, but I haven't received any myself. I'm not sure what happened. I did see a post somewhere saying they were promising to have all of the sleeves sent out by the end of last month. I'm just going to assume that I won't get my sleeves from the deal, which is fine. It was a free promotion so it's not really any loss. Just seems as though they did a poor job of running this giveaway.

Guess I'll just go buy some to try.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I signed up a couple days before the promotion ended, and one of my referrals did as well, but I haven't received my 2 sleeves yet.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

Note: This thread is 2712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!