IGNORED

what is your favorite brand or flavor of potato chips

Note: This thread is 1775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, GolfClubbas said:

so what is it. personally i like original ruffles and my sister likes grippos and my dad likes pringles and my mom doesn't like chips

I like the Kettle Brand Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper krinkle chips, and the Utz Kettle Classic Dark Russets.  The best, though, are the ones you make yourself.  Get a mandolin, and slice the taters real thin (skins on), soak them in ice water for an hour, pat them dry, and fry them up.  Best chips ever!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The best, though, are the ones you make yourself.

Forgot about that, my wife makes fantastic chips from sweet potatos (or potatoes for those that like it that way)

38 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Get a mandolin, and slice the taters real thin (skins on), soak them in ice water for an hour, pat them dry, and fry them up.  Best chips ever!

Sea salt, and while still hot, top with crumbled blue cheese, bacon, green onion, and a drizzle of good balsamic....

:beer:

48 minutes ago, GolfClubbas said:

so what is it. personally i like original ruffles and my sister likes grippos and my dad likes pringles and my mom doesn't like chips

17149931-Top-view-shot-of-a-pile-of-crunchy-potato-chips-Stock-Photo.jpg

Proper potato chips are usually local or regional.

Like any respectable Dayton-area person, I gotta stick with Mikesell's. Had Grippo's (a Cincy chip) and actually like them as a change of pace. I suppose I can deal with the Lays, Ruffles or Pringles of the world, but the smaller the company, the better.

19 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Proper potato chips are usually local or regional.

Like any respectable Dayton-area person, I gotta stick with Mikesell's. Had Grippo's (a Cincy chip) and actually like them as a change of pace. I suppose I can deal with the Lays, Ruffles or Pringles of the world, but the smaller the company, the better.

Meh.

Y'all think that that baby diarrhea stuff is chili too....  :-P

A flavor no one, to my knowledge, makes...chocolate.  Salt goes great with chocolate.  Chocolate chips are a no-brainer.  Other than that I'm in the Ruffles camp.

12 minutes ago, Piz said:

A flavor no one, to my knowledge, makes...chocolate.  Salt goes great with chocolate.  Chocolate chips are a no-brainer.  Other than that I'm in the Ruffles camp.

Pretty sure chocolate-covered potato chips are a thing and Chuao makes a chocolate bar with potato chips in it, but now I'm veering OT.

My favorite chips are Kettle Brand Honey Dijon chips. Haven't found them in my local grocery store in years.

I actually like my own, slicing potatoes really thin and frying them, not necessarily in a deep pan of oil but a shallow one. At least you know exactly what's going in them and they're fresh. You can fry them "al dente", so they're not extra crispy.

I don't have a favorite brand. I do have a favorite flavor. That being "jalapeno" chips. 

Actually I eat more corn/tortilla chips than potatoe chips. They tend to hold more dipping sauce, and go better with my beer. .  :beer:

With a hotdog or cold (ie - leftover) pulled pork sandwich - it has to be Lay's original.  Otherwise I like the thick non-ridged ones - my grocery store brand is fine. 

I'm not sure what Pringles are but I'm pretty sure it's not potato...  Anyway, my choice is sour cream and onion Pringles.

Note: This thread is 1775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!