IGNORED

Turkey Coup Attempt

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 2811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Watching something like this unveil in front of your eyes is amazing and depressing at the same time.

They are now arresting a large number of these "traitors" and it would not surprise me if there is going to be a full fledged public execution for "high treason" against the state.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Watching something like this unveil in front of your eyes is amazing and depressing at the same time.

They are now arresting a large number of these "traitors" and it would not surprise me if there is going to be a full fledged public execution for "high treason" against the state.

And rightly so.  People who attempt to subvert the democratic process deserve the full wrath of the public.

32 minutes ago, Strandly said:

And rightly so.  People who attempt to subvert the democratic process deserve the full wrath of the public.

They have arrested almost 3,000 soldiers and officers.  I can also picture them giving amnesty to a lot of the foot soldiers to come out as being merciful ect, while executing some of the higher ranked officers to make an example out of them.

I just can't imagine a scenario where they execute 3,000 people.

Eyad

10 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

They have arrested almost 3,000 soldiers and officers.  I can also picture them giving amnesty to a lot of the foot soldiers to come out as being merciful ect, while executing some of the higher ranked officers to make an example out of them.

I just can't imagine a scenario where they execute 3,000 people.

Probably not, no.  But I don't think they can let the grunts stay in the military; they've shown they can't be trusted.

4 hours ago, acerimusdux said:

There shouldn't be any executions, they don't have the death penalty in Turkey.

It wouldn't be the first time they have done it, they did it in the 50s if I remember.  Also, my uncle mentioned that they are talking about introducing new laws to make exceptions for these type of cases.

It's on the news as well.

image.png

Eyad

5 hours ago, acerimusdux said:

There shouldn't be any executions, they don't have the death penalty in Turkey.

An afternoon news report said that a thousand judges had been fired by Erdogan, and that he will likely seek reinstatement of the death penalty.

Some have suggested that agents provocateur working for Erdogan betrayed the coup members to spark a crisis, and get rid of those in military who opposed E's soft touch against ISIS.

From what footage I saw on TV, the coup forces didn't appear to have any heavy weapons - other than a few tanks - or air support. That's a shaky way to launch a coup, unless you think the masses love you and will overwhelm the government.

A couple of my fellow professors grew up in the Mideast, and some administrators are recent military retirees. There's been office talk of a possible coup in Turkey since early spring.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

21 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

An afternoon news report said that a thousand judges had been fired by Erdogan, and that he will likely seek reinstatement of the death penalty.

Some have suggested that agents provocateur working for Erdogan betrayed the coup members to spark a crisis, and get rid of those in military who opposed E's soft touch against ISIS.

From what footage I saw on TV, the coup forces didn't appear to have any heavy weapons - other than a few tanks - or air support. That's a shaky way to launch a coup, unless you think the masses love you and will overwhelm the government.

A couple of my fellow professors grew up in the Mideast, and some administrators are recent military retirees. There's been office talk of a possible coup in Turkey since early spring.

The military has typically been loved in Turkey, it's a matter of national pride to them to the nth degree.

I think it was more of the case that they thought they would not be opposed no matter what they did, since they see themselves as the protector of secularism in Turkey.

The parliament building looks gutted from all the shelling it got, and the are hundred of police officers dead including some that were engaged with attack helicopters.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it was a well planned coup, but to think that it was somehow orchestrated by the president is beyond my conspiracy theory meter.

Eyad

10 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

.. just can't imagine a scenario where they execute 3,000 people.

You obviously know nothing of Islam... or perhaps sympathize with the cause?

Armenia?

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

22 minutes ago, CR McDivot said:

You obviously know nothing of Islam... or perhaps sympathize with the cause?

Armenia?

what is that suppose to mean exactly?  

Eyad

10 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

what is that suppose to mean exactly?  

Is Erdogan an advocate of a secular state or an Islamic state?

Where was the capitol of the last Caliphate?

What did the Ottoman Empire do to the Armenian Christians?

Was the intention of the recent coup to return Turkey to secular government (Ataturk) established after her defeat in WWI?

You describe yourself as an expatriot. Where do your allegiances lie, western Christian civilization - or expansionist, exlusionist, murderous Islamic bullshit?

Craig

Old Master - TZ Putter

2 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

... Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it was a well planned coup, but to think that it was somehow orchestrated by the president is beyond my conspiracy theory meter.

The thinking was that E's agents may have infiltrated the coup,  and betrayed the coup once it was under way.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

2 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

The thinking was that E's agents may have infiltrated the coup,  and betrayed the coup once it was under way.

That's always a possibilities, but are they really savvy enough to do that sort of thing?  Could they risk it?  It would have been a much safer bet to actually stop the coup before it went under way right?

Dont get me wrong, I agree that president E comes out of this looking really good, and will most likely get a very long leash to pass what ever legislation he sees fit for a little while going forward.

Eyad

2 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

That's always a possibilities, but are they really savvy enough to do that sort of thing?  Could they risk it?  It would have been a much safer bet to actually stop the coup before it went under way right?

True, blunting the coup would have been safer - probably a lot fewer people would have been killed. But, if the coup goes hot, then E can crack down on the perpetrators with more vigor.

Also, E can use this as a pretext to purge the military general staff. BBC reports that the government has suspended five generals and 29 colonels suspected of involvement with the coup.

E's inner team is blaming the coup on Fethullah Gulen, a Muslim cleric who fled to the USA several years ago. Gulen, briefly an E ally, now lives in Pennsylvania. 

3 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

True, blunting the coup would have been safer - probably a lot fewer people would have been killed. But, if the coup goes hot, then E can crack down on the perpetrators with more vigor.

Also, E can use this as a pretext to purge the military general staff. BBC reports that the government has suspended five generals and 29 colonels suspected of involvement with the coup.

E's inner team is blaming the coup on Fethullah Gulen, a Muslim cleric who fled to the USA several years ago. Gulen, briefly an E ally, now lives in Pennsylvania. 

Yeah, this was one of the more amusing things his team and himself have done.  Let's put it this way, the military going to bed with a Muslim cleric is almost a non-starter and having to him thousands of miles away doesn't actually bolster that argument at all..  It was as if they needed someone to blame asap and that's the first name they pulled out of a hat.

Eyad

58 minutes ago, CR McDivot said:

You describe yourself as an expatriot. Where do your allegiances lie, western Christian civilization - or expansionist, exlusionist, murderous Islamic bullshit?

Oh, so sorry Abu...

I forgot that if you were to declare allegiance to any other than the devil Mohamed and his satanic religion while in KSA you could be subject to beheading.

How many Christians have suffered for their faith in that slimepit of a kingdom?

Craig

Old Master - TZ Putter

1 minute ago, CR McDivot said:

Oh, so sorry Abu...

I forgot that if you were to declare allegiance to any other than the devil Mohamed and his satanic religion while in KSA you could be subject to beheading.

How many Christians have suffered for their faith in that slimepit of a kingdom?

You are a disturbed human being, and you are promptly being put on ignore for insulting my prophet and my religion.  

Eyad

20 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

You are a disturbed human being, and you are promptly being put on ignore for insulting my prophet and my religion.  

So, now we know whom you serve!

Sodom and Gomorrah will have recieved more mercy than will Mecca and Medina when Yahweh judges! :~(

BTW - Send your assassins to avenge your "prophet"! Even if they survive they will burn in hell!

Edited by CR McDivot
spelling

Craig

Old Master - TZ Putter

Note: This thread is 2811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!