IGNORED

RNC

Elmer
Note: This thread is 2795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

While the points Trump made in his acceptance speech were all footnoted, they were what are called half-truths. They were facts taken from the NYT, Washington Post, and other reputable sources, but they left out the details surrounding those facts. A Half-truth is a statement that conveys only part of the truth, especially one used deliberately in order to deceive someone. It is a tool of propaganda. 

His speech was full of them. It also was not the America I'm living in. It gave a message that America is a mess and only Trump can fix it. This is a cult of personality. The worst thing people can do is underestimate Trump.

The saving factor is that Trump is a narcissist and very thin skinned. The biggest mistake his opponents can make is to go after him with facts. Go after him with sarcasm and humor. How trustworthy is he? Ask his ex-wives he was openly cheating on. Focus on his 4 bankruptcies. His open lie when he said he was not aware of the KKK. Really, Donald? Go negative early and often. He mentioned one time using a nuke, so show a nuclear bomb going off in a commercial - that one was done by LBJ and did in Goldwater.

Nit pick much?  When you're POTUS, the spotlight is on you, not your team.  People don't vote for a team, they vote for a person, when Trump says he's the guy to fix it, it means his ass is on the line.  

People that complain about Obama or complained about GW Bush didn't point fingers at their teams, the buck stops with the person that's elected, it's on that person to manage their teams.  

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Got side-tracked last night but did want to respond to this.  I am not a Republican, I am a conservative or right of center.  Party platforms come and go but conservatism and liberalism are ideologies that stay fairly true.

In terms of Ike's platform, I only skimmed it but it seemed pretty reasonable with the exception of supporting the union.  It could be the unions were still necessary then, they have become corrupt engines that feed the left's coffers today and as such are detrimental to society.

The Republicans of today are pro-big government and pro-open borders.  They've given Obama all the money he needed to double the national debt and I blame them as much as Obama for the sorry state of affairs we are in today, maybe more because they had the power to reign him in.  Do you know that Hillary misplaced $6B at State?  It's gone, how could that happen without complicity from Republicans?

So, I'm a conservative voting for a Democrat this November, and my original point stands.

Don't you think deporting 11 million (or whatever the figure is) undocumented/illegal immigrants will take a pretty big government? How about building a giant border wall? Or the 35% tariff he would impose? Oh, and don't forget he promised not to touch entitlements. 

I nit pick a lot. ;-) I'm smarter than the average voter. I actually read the voter pamphlet. I study the issues in the campaign and research the candidates. There's a lot of propaganda out there. For Trump, where's the beef? Trump steaks? I don't see any beef. I just see a lot of hot air. 

I'd still like to know how he's going to kick 11 million people out of the country without having a secret police force. It'll involve racial profiling and people will have to make sure they have their papers in order. They may even be citizens but still get caught up in the sweep because they don't have their papers in order. Does everyone have their papers in order? Plus who is going to pick next season's crops? I know that's stereotyping but still. 

His statement on immigration... all countries have shown themselves to be vulnerable. So... no more immigration? We're a nation of immigrants.

Tariffs worked really well for Herbert Hoover. 

Hillary is no saint. That's a given. But damn.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

12 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

I nit pick a lot. ;-) I'm smarter than the average voter. I actually read the voter pamphlet. I study the issues in the campaign and research the candidates. There's a lot of propaganda out there. For Trump, where's the beef? Trump steaks? I don't see any beef. I just see a lot of hot air. 

I'd still like to know how he's going to kick 11 million people out of the country without having a secret police force. It'll involve racial profiling and people will have to make sure they have their papers in order. They may even be citizens but still get caught up in the sweep because they don't have their papers in order. Does everyone have their papers in order? Plus who is going to pick next season's crops? I know that's stereotyping but still. 

His statement on immigration... all countries have shown themselves to be vulnerable. So... no more immigration? We're a nation of immigrants.

I applaud that you do your homework which is why I have to call you out when you want to accuse him of being a dictator because he refers to himself as the guy to fix things.  How many times in his last speech did Obama refer to himself and his accomplishments.  

Any attempt to fix the illegal immigration problem is better than what Obama is doing which is nothing but offering them entitlements.  The problem is already solved, the President of Mexico said he'd call all his people back if Trump is elected so if Trump wins, the Mexican President will call his people home, plus we get rid of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Rosie O'Donnell, Whoopi and bunch of other celebrities.  Talk about getting a head start on making America Great.  

Joe Paradiso

11 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

Here are your options my friend:

Vote for trump, and wait for him to smack talk the wrong country and we get nuked(Sarcasm, only slightly though he's really gotta watch what he says). Not to mention he's fooled republicans by literally being a democrat and running in the republican party.

Vote for hillary, and wait for her to suck our economy dry and misplace more emails that put american lives at stake.(Again, sarcasm, but really i can't trust a word from her mouth after all that shes done: Benghazi, silencing rape victims, laughing about knowing people she defended were guilty of rape but she got them off anyway.)

Either way we're f****d. Honestly.

22 minutes ago, drmevo said:

Don't you think deporting 11 million (or whatever the figure is) undocumented/illegal immigrants will take a pretty big government? How about building a giant border wall? Or the 35% tariff he would impose? Oh, and don't forget he promised not to touch entitlements. 

I did say he's a Democrat, right?  I'm not going to agree with everything he does but I have confidence in his love of country and that he has his finger on the pulse of the true issues facing us.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

5 minutes ago, freshmanUTA said:

Here are your options my friend:

Vote for trump, and wait for him to smack talk the wrong country and we get nuked(Sarcasm, only slightly though he's really gotta watch what he says). Not to mention he's fooled republicans by literally being a democrat and running in the republican party.

Vote for hillary, and wait for her to suck our economy dry and misplace more emails that put american lives at stake.(Again, sarcasm, but really i can't trust a word from her mouth after all that shes done: Benghazi, silencing rape victims, laughing about knowing people she defended were guilty of rape but she got them off anyway.)

Either way we're f****d. Honestly.

You could vote for Gary Johnson, then be the smug Libertarian in your social group who says "I told you so" for the next four years.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Except that not many seated democrats agree with Trump so to get anything done he first has to convince the party he chose to run for side with him. Paul Ryan is standing there with his hands over his ears screaming la-la-la-la I can't hear you any time DT is mentioned.

Dave :-)

14 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

You could vote for Gary Johnson, then be the smug Libertarian in your social group who says "I told you so" for the next four years.

I like it :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

14 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Oh god not GJ. If ANYONE Austin Peterson is the way to go for libertarians. Ron Paul would be great if you're all fine with having a stuffed man as president.. Just need to find a willing taxidermist. Ron Paul probably wont make it 4 more years lol.

24 minutes ago, freshmanUTA said:

Oh god not GJ. If ANYONE Austin Peterson is the way to go for libertarians. Ron Paul would be great if you're all fine with having a stuffed man as president.. Just need to find a willing taxidermist. Ron Paul probably wont make it 4 more years lol.

Yeah, I agree, GJ seems a bit nutty to me.  William Weld would be a far more reasonable choice for the top of that ticket.  Can't imagine him smoking a joint, though, which may disqualify him for some Libertarians. 

GJ?  I bet he's got a different bong for each day of the week.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

14 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Yeah, I agree, GJ seems a bit nutty to me.  William Weld would be a far more reasonable choice for the top of that ticket.  Can't imagine him smoking a joint, though, which may disqualify him for some Libertarians. 

GJ?  I bet he's got a different bong for each day of the week.

Why stop at one? hes got a different one for each meal of the week...

this is kinda :offtopic: though so..

I like how Newt Says, "The average American does not think crime is down"

Newt, that does not mean Crime isn't down. It just means the American public are ignorant. The fact you say that just means the GOP and Trump is playing to that ignorance. When you use the America's ignorance as an excuse to justify your own political stance just means you are a manipulative snake in the grass con man. 

Violent Crime and Homicide Rates have been plummeting for years in Washington DC and across the US. Maybe the GOP want's to ask WTF did Reagan and Bush do to cause that spike in Homicides from 1985 to 1991! 

Maybe instead of playing off of America's ignorance the GOP can educate America on what the facts really are. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

If Newt told me the sun comes up in the east...I'd buy a compass.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/05/14/we-have-a-problem-homicides-are-up-again-this-year-in-more-than-two-dozen-major-u-s-cities/?utm_term=.4a632b301f9d

Newt and others acknowledged the reduction in violent crime over the past 10 or 20 years, that wasn't the point of the speech.  

10 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Newt and others acknowledged the reduction in violent crime over the past 10 or 20 years, that wasn't the point of the speech.  

I never said it was. I was just pointing how Newt distorts facts, believes in what people feel over truth, and rather play off people's ignorance. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

37 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I like how Newt Says, "The average American does not think crime is down"

Newt, that does not mean Crime isn't down. It just means the American public are ignorant. The fact you say that just means the GOP and Trump is playing to that ignorance. When you use the America's ignorance as an excuse to justify your own political stance just means you are a manipulative snake in the grass con man. 

Violent Crime and Homicide Rates have been plummeting for years in Washington DC and across the US. Maybe the GOP want's to ask WTF did Reagan and Bush do to cause that spike in Homicides from 1985 to 1991! 

Maybe instead of playing off of America's ignorance the GOP can educate America on what the facts really are. 

I "feel" like John Oliver is once again spot on!
I will also continue to "believe" that feelings are not as "valid as facts"!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

33 minutes ago, Elmer said:

I "feel" like John Oliver is once again spot on!
I will also continue to "believe" that feelings are not as "valid as facts"!

And Democrats always tell the truth...

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!