Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

2016 PGA Championship at the Baltusrol Golf Club Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 1297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

250 posts / 22702 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Okay, so, nobody has mentioned the obnoxious frequency of that stupid "Hall of Fame" song again playing this year?

I'm now in favor of the PGA losing major status so I don't have to hear the opening bars of that song every two minutes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Grillo angers me. He was an unpleasant dick at Oakmont when I was there.

He sounds like a perfect partner for Bubba.Saw Bubba on range before first round and he was being a jerk on range cause he heard something when he was about toswing.When you get upset on the range over something then thats major dickage.

Did not see this coming from Day after that Double. Seriously impressive.

Sergio,DJ,Mcilroy GONE!

Set my alarm for 3am to catch the live play,fell asleep again so missed it all.

Loads of big names could take this.Day,Scott,Kaymar,Reed but I'm sticking with Stenson.

Question for you guys,did Jimmy Walker lead from the front when he won at Valero and Hawaii?

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Okay, so, nobody has mentioned the obnoxious frequency of that stupid "Hall of Fame" song again playing this year?

I'm now in favor of the PGA losing major status so I don't have to hear the opening bars of that song every two minutes.

This has been driving me up the wall.  Am I crazy - or is this a different, even more annoying version of the song than last time? 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

This has been driving me up the wall.  Am I crazy - or is this a different, even more annoying version of the song than last time? 

It's much more annoying. They turned it into a friggin slow song.

6 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

When will they check into how to pronounce Grillo?

Most tv announcers seem to say "Gree-lo" or "Gree-Yo".  But apparently Emiliano wants it to be pronounced "Grill-o".  Have heard he is not a nice guy tho so I couldn't care any less if they screw it up lol

3 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

Most tv announcers seem to say "Gree-lo" or "Gree-Yo".  But apparently Emiliano wants it to be pronounced "Grill-o".  Have heard he is not a nice guy tho so I couldn't care any less if they screw it up lol

I don't know anything about the guy but I'm curious why he's not a nice guy.  Nice or not, part of the announcers job is to properly pronounce the players names correctly. 

5 hours ago, atb5079 said:

So how has it been so far today? Just tuning in.

Some greens look a little scorched already.

Looks like an interesting leader board for the weekend. Could be a multi-player shootout like 2014.

The brown patches on the greens are just 'cosmetic' per comments Phil M. made in his interview. Said they don't affect how well the greens are rolling.

18 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I don't know anything about the guy but I'm curious why he's not a nice guy.  Nice or not, part of the announcers job is to properly pronounce the players names correctly. 

The Argentinians sound the double L like a soft J or SH.I spent some time there,he is Argentinian yes??

Why do they make it so hard for people (parents, etc.) who can't watch live? Where's the round replays? Do you want fans or not, PGA? :-(

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Thanks! You just gave me my morning ear worm.:-P

16 hours ago, iacas said:

This why I mute, switch away or second screen golf broadcasts. I don't even know what you're talking about thank the "truth" in advertising gods.

I TOUCHED PHIL!!!!!

I guess Wei's ban is done? The mobile phone task force can't keep all the phones out.

Was really hoping Baltusrol would challenge these players this week but players  taking what's supposed to be a pretty tough course apart so far. Of course weather has something to do with that. But was hoping to see a little more carnage. 

Btw, the early Thursday/late Friday draw shot almost 3 strokes better than the other side of the draw. So definitely a bit of luck went into the tee times and draws.

Note: This thread is 1297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!