IGNORED

Proposing a So Cal end-of-summer meet up (SEPT 24)

Shindig
Note: This thread is 2712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, ol 3 putts said:

Hi ya'll!

Sorry to say I will not be able to make the outing on the 24th due to a family engagement.

We lost my cousin to cancer a cpl of weeks ago and will be spreading her ashes on the Baja coast on the 24th.

Have a great time and don't forget to post  a bunch of photos for those of us that can't make it this time a-round (see what I did there?). Hope to make the next one.

Fredo San Diego CA

ol 3 putts: My condolences.  Perhaps next time.

All: Seems like we're down to 6 tentative confirmations, which seems like it's still a viable outing.  If it drops down to less than that, do we want to consider a different date?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Myself and daughter still in for the 24th.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Just to keep this moving, I think the list is now a little smaller.  If 9am is the goal for tee times, that leaves me out, along with Lihu and 3 putts for sure.  This is the lineup for now?? ...

@spider @jefkve @Shindig @bmartin461  

@bplewis24

@No Mulligans

@Hacker James and guest.

That's two foursomes for you guys (if you're all still yes'), and the 24th is only 11 days away, so this should be buttoned up in the next couple of days so tee times could be made.

Yep, I can still make it.

Also, a major thank you to you for bumping this.

Would a non-9am tee time be able to include you?

2 hours ago, bplewis24 said:

ol 3 putts: My condolences.  Perhaps next time.

All: Seems like we're down to 6 tentative confirmations, which seems like it's still a viable outing.  If it drops down to less than that, do we want to consider a different date?

I think if it's under 6 we may want to consider another date, yes. 

5 hours ago, ol 3 putts said:

Hi ya'll!

Sorry to say I will not be able to make the outing on the 24th due to a family engagement.

We lost my cousin to cancer a cpl of weeks ago and will be spreading her ashes on the Baja coast on the 24th.

Have a great time and don't forget to post  a bunch of photos for those of us that can't make it this time a-round (see what I did there?). Hope to make the next one.

Fredo San Diego CA

Ouch.  Very sorry to hear about your loss.  We'll include you in the next one for sure.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Is there any definitive updates as to when/ where?  Although this might sound paranoid, but if I were to bow out, would there be more interest?  I say this realizing that even I recognize that my rhetoric can become tiring to some and I readily admit that I can be perceived as a bit of a narsisist (I am really not). That is a problem with internet persona's very easily misconstrued.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I don't think you bowing out would generate more interest Hacker James.  

I think the aim is September 24 at Tijeras Creek, but if we don't get confirmation of some others, we may cancel and try again another time. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

@shindig I was sort of joking. I just happened to notice that after I confirmed, that people started dropping out. It was only a coincidence I am sure, but thought it might trigger more people into committing. My daughter and I will still have an outing that day, but if canceled for lack of participation, I will take her to Camp Pendleton and perhaps wait for the next SOCAL get together.  Thanks for the response.

"James"

just checked  back and note that this is the 2nd SOCAL event attempted this year, the last one didn't happen apparently. There is only six days left for this one. <shrug>.

"James"

31 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

just checked  back and note that this is the 2nd SOCAL event attempted this year, the last one didn't happen apparently. There is only six days left for this one. <shrug>.

I don't think this one is going to happen either -- we have all of four confirmed, only three of which are forum members. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

I don't think this one is going to happen either -- we have all of four confirmed, only three of which are forum members. 

oh well, you tried and it is appreciated.  There are several of us in San Diego and shouldn't be too hard for a little local get together. I check the forum PM frequently, or anybody wants my email address, I can provide. I think I will check again with daughter and do an impromptu thing at Camp Pendleton. We played at a muni last time, I think it was San Clemente or Dana.

"James"

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

Since I have to update my travel accommodations, I'm going to assume this isn't going to happen and make my changes now.  I probably won't be available for a winter outing, so maybe I'll see you guys next spring.  Thanks for trying to organize this.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

The issue is many of us have kids and golf and any other hobby takes a back burner to them.

Spoiler

Even though my kids started first tee sans one of my nephews who went just left for college. . .I can't really spend the time playing. However, I did get to hit some balls in the 100+ degree weather. Setup a beach umbrella, and a cooler with ice with the lounge chair. Hitting balls and sipping on cool icy drinks between shots.

In 3 short years, both my kids will be in university, and I might have some free time again.

The other unfortunate thing for my hobbies is that work is getting really busy. That's the main reason for my absence on this site. I'm looking at some clay shooting sites Erik steered me towards, but only looking. . .If I blog, it's going to be here.

If we have an outing nearby, I'll have a much better chance of making it. . . :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

12 hours ago, Hacker James said:

oh well, you tried and it is appreciated.  There are several of us in San Diego and shouldn't be too hard for a little local get together. I check the forum PM frequently, or anybody wants my email address, I can provide. I think I will check again with daughter and do an impromptu thing at Camp Pendleton. We played at a muni last time, I think it was San Clemente or Dana.

I have no objection if you're able to put together another get together;  same date even if it works for folks.

4 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

I'm a fan of Pendleton.  Good track  good price, = great value. 

Plus I think proceeds benefit USMC, if it's the course I'm thinking of.  

2 hours ago, bplewis24 said:

Since I have to update my travel accommodations, I'm going to assume this isn't going to happen and make my changes now.  I probably won't be available for a winter outing, so maybe I'll see you guys next spring.  Thanks for trying to organize this.

Sorry man. :-/

I need to take a look back and see what I did wrong so that if I end up trying to organize the next one, I can hopefully be successful. 

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

-- Michael | My swing! 

6 hours ago, Shindig said:

I have no objection if you're able to put together another get together;  same date even if it works for folks.

Plus I think proceeds benefit USMC, if it's the course I'm thinking of.  

Sorry man. :-/

I need to take a look back and see what I did wrong so that if I end up trying to organize the next one, I can hopefully be successful. 

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Oh no, you absolutely did nothing wrong at all!  People simply could not get their schedules to jive. Also, I was not talking about trying to organize another outing, I merely was stating that if anyone in my area wants to get together sometime/anytime that I would be available. 

"James"

7 hours ago, Lihu said:

The issue is many of us have kids and golf and any other hobby takes a back burner to them.

Reveal hidden contents

Even though my kids started first tee sans one of my nephews who went just left for college. . .I can't really spend the time playing. However, I did get to hit some balls in the 100+ degree weather. Setup a beach umbrella, and a cooler with ice with the lounge chair. Hitting balls and sipping on cool icy drinks between shots.

In 3 short years, both my kids will be in university, and I might have some free time again.

The other unfortunate thing for my hobbies is that work is getting really busy. That's the main reason for my absence on this site. I'm looking at some clay shooting sites Erik steered me towards, but only looking. . .If I blog, it's going to be here.

If we have an outing nearby, I'll have a much better chance of making it. . . :-)

@Lihu nearby where?  Southern California covers a lot of ground. I do know what you mean though, I doubt if I would be willing to travel more than say 100 miles unless it were an over- nighter with some planned social activities.

"James"

Shindig it shouldn't matter how many. Go with what you have, enjoy it and let it grow over time. Everyone can't make it, no matter what or when, and that's ok, but to never start because you don't have X number is the wrong way to approach it. 

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!