IGNORED

Proposing a So Cal end-of-summer meet up (SEPT 24)

Shindig
Note: This thread is 2716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What spider said.  Great review.  I'm glad everyone involved enjoyed it.  We'll figure out a particular date for the next outing later. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a chance to look at Arrowwood Golf Course in Oceanside California.  Probably one of the best in the county. Beautiful lay out, looks to have a lot of hills and valleys, 72.5/136 from the tips, 68.5/125 whites. Good venue for a west coast tournament, open to the public.

www.arrowwoodgolf.com

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

On 9/30/2016 at 6:52 AM, Hacker James said:

I had a chance to look at Arrowwood Golf Course in Oceanside California.  Probably one of the best in the county. Beautiful lay out, looks to have a lot of hills and valleys, 72.5/136 from the tips, 68.5/125 whites. Good venue for a west coast tournament, open to the public.

www.arrowwoodgolf.com

I think you meant this site. . .http://www.arrowoodgolf.com/

Looks pretty good. If it's a couple to a few months from now, I'm in. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

13 hours ago, Lihu said:

I think you meant this site. . .http://www.arrowoodgolf.com/

Looks pretty good. If it's a couple to a few months from now, I'm in. . .

yes, thanks. It looks like it drops the "a" from the URL I quoted. It is truly a beautiful course from what I saw from the patio.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys... I have missed chiming in on these forums.. how goes it? and when is the next golf outing?

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

1 hour ago, Ringworld said:

Hey guys... I have missed chiming in on these forums.. how goes it? and when is the next golf outing?

More than likely not until after January, or perhaps early Spring. @Shindig mentioned something about coming up with one. OTOH, there are several of us in the area and many are always ready for an impromptu outing, even two people. I would like to participate in a larger "flighted" event, but we will just wait and see.  I do plan to play Arrowood soon. 

"James"

Arrowood has gotten some really good reviews recently on Greenskeeper.org.  $80/twosome at Costco online.  

Played Saturday 10/8, Men's club monthly tourney. Course was in good shape. Tee boxes were OK, not many divots, fairly flat. Fairways were decent, closely mowed and had good run, decent lie, a few had thins spots here and there. Rough was about 3 inches, and playable.Bunkers were good sand in them. Greens were not punched yet, but had a few ball marks on everyone. I give it a 6. 4 hr POP Customer service was great from the friendly starter to the front desk. Greeted us like they wanted us there. If you play there look for an Elderly gentleman, one of the player assistants. We joked with the starter about another tourney ahead of us as to what to expect on POP. He pointed to the gentleman and said " Don't worry "the Hammer" will be out there moving things along, Don't piss him off?" lol.

Hope that helps.  It may be a little bit of a drive for me so I may have to pass on Arrowood.  Keep me in mind for future events though.  

yellowmarker.pngALERT: Aeration
Will be aerating the greens 10/11 & 10/12.
* Although Greenskeeper.org researches all alerts before posting, we ask that you please contact the golf course for confirmation.

And you really need to know that :D

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, time has come.  Finally will be hitting Arrowood. Confirmed tee time for myself and daughter Monday 9:48.  This should be the "nicest" course I will have played this year. In any event, its all good, and looking to enjoy the day, and perhaps one of their "burgers and beers" (or more likely "Margarita Rocks").

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

okay, a little follow up.

We did in fact play Arrowood today. One of the better if not best tracks I have ever played. Hilly,undulating terrain, strategically placed fairway bunkers and pot bunkers,  one island green, last three holes are testers and over water

We played from the whites with a member. 5861 yds, 68.5/125. Nice putting areas and driving range. Full service facility with cart gals, marshalls, pre and end of round attendants.

Pricing is reasonable with special discounts for California residents, seniors, military, fire fighters, Palm Club. Membership plans avail from $500 initiation $200 month to $2,000 initiation and a little more monthly depending on if you need week day or anytime access.

Great views towards the Pacific Ocean.  The greens were in pristine condition, tricky, a couple would register a little high on the stimp meter.

Great location about midway between San Clemente and Escondido. I WILL  be back!

"James"

Note: This thread is 2716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!