IGNORED

2nd Upstate New York Outing, 2016

Note: This thread is 2466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After the success of our first outing at Conklin Players Club yesterday.

@krupa, @RFKFREAK, @colin007 and myself @onthehunt526 were thinking we would do a second outing in the Utica/Rome area to include more TST members and see if the Syracuse, Binghamton, North Country and others within 90 minutes of the proposed site would be interested. Twin Ponds Golf and Country Club in New York Mills is about equidistant between Albany and Ithaca... There's also Valley View Golf Club in Utica proper. 

The plan is for the Central N.Y. members to do something with the Western Guys in the future and eventually get everyone together from Upstate and Northern PA somewhere in the Central Section and have an outing with everyone next summer...

But for now we're looking at the Central and Capital District guys for this one.... a Western N.Y. Northern Tier PA Finger Lakes meet up in western N.Y.  next spring (so we can get @iacas in the 90 minute-2 hour circle)... then next summer get everyone together at a nice Course in the middle...

Like I said Twin Ponds and Valley View are just suggestions... 

If you guys have any suggestions of where and when... Let me know... We're calling all Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Utica, Ithaca, Watertown, North Country guys within about 90 minutes- 2 hours of the target area which is the Utica/Rome area at either Twin Ponds or Valley View or another Course similar in price.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 2nd Upstate New York Outing, 2016

This thread needs to be stickied on the front page of this website. All other threads are secondary. Priorities, yo.

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

• iacas pinned this topic
1 hour ago, colin007 said:

This thread needs to be stickied on the front page of this website. All other threads are secondary. Priorities, yo.

Absolutely especially with the fact it hides in the Member Outings and Meet- ups Category.

Calling @JxQx and others from the Syracuse area.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Definitely interested.  I have no opinion on courses... maybe one a little easier than Conklin?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

1 hour ago, krupa said:

Definitely interested.  I have no opinion on courses... maybe one a little easier than Conklin?

I'm hoping for one that allows for the use of driver more often.  Game Golf said I only used driver 5 times.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

21 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

I'm hoping for one that allows for the use of driver more often.  Game Golf said I only used driver 5 times.

Chicks dig the long ball.

It seems like this idea is taking a little bit to get some traction.... Don't know if @krupa @RFKFREAK or @colin007 knows anyone who's on the site who is from Upstate aside from maybe @JxQx

I know @iacas is going to possibly not like this idea (but he might... if he doesn't give me a warning for light spamming) 

Hear me out, I know there some guys from Upstate on THP... How bout an Upstate version of The Sand Hacker Cup between the Upstate TST guys against the Upstate THP guys?

• Upvote 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

I don't know... would anyone from the Tennessee Highway Patrol really want to come all the way to CNY to play golf?

Seriously, though, I'm not interested in anything with a competitive theme, even if it's just for bragging rights.

It's just an idea... It could be we'd just get them to come for a more the merrier scenario...  

Matt, I only suggested it, because we haven't heard a peep from the Syracuse guys... unless they had another course in mind. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

On 7/30/2016 at 9:48 AM, krupa said:

I don't know... would anyone from the Tennessee Highway Patrol really want to come all the way to CNY to play golf?

Seriously, though, I'm not interested in anything with a competitive theme, even if it's just for bragging rights.

I think @colin007 would share that sentiment. 

Christian

I'm honestly thinking the Syracuse guys are just asleep from all the heat and humidity this summer... Obviously; Twin Ponds is a little closer to them, then the 4 of us... Hell, if we waited till late spring/ early summer we could do the Leatherstocking idea.

Unless the Syracuse and Binghamton guys such as @JxQx have a better course in mind. Conklin was great considering how little rain there has been this summer... hell if it was up to me I'd stay on the "I-88" corridor and say the hell with it... Because Oneonta is almost exactly the halfway point between here me and @krupa (Ithaca) and @colin007 and @RFKFREAK

The only issue I had with Leatherstocking (It's beautiful don't get me wrong) It's expensive... we're talking $100 for a round... If I wanted to spend that kind of money on a round of golf; I'd play Bethpage Black (And shoot about 120 and have blisters on my feet). 

Twin Ponds is in the $40 range... that's why I suggested it...If it was just Matt and I and whatever Binghamton or Elmira guys I'd say Hiawatha that's like 35 minutes from here...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Sorry for the delayed response been pretty busy the last week or so. Rome Country Club is a decent course, its like $40 or so and may be worth checking out. There aren't a whole lot of public courses as well manicured as conklin around the area. The only one around syracuse is Timber Banks and is more difficult than conklin due to the greens. I'll try to think of some more course and post in here a little later. 

Edit: Just thought of another course when I posted, mcconnellsville is another course that's well taken care of, also relatively cheap. It has a pretty interesting layout and isn't overly difficult.

Edited by JxQx

53 minutes ago, JxQx said:

Sorry for the delayed response been pretty busy the last week or so. Rome Country Club is a decent course, its like $40 or so and may be worth checking out. There aren't a whole lot of public courses as well manicured as conklin around the area. The only one around syracuse is Timber Banks and is more difficult than conklin due to the greens. I'll try to think of some more course and post in here a little later. 

Edit: Just thought of another course when I posted, mcconnellsville is another course that's well taken care of, also relatively cheap. It has a pretty interesting layout and isn't overly difficult.

Exactly how far are these places from Albany?

Christian

2 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

about 90 minutes.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

90 minutes is awesome.

I've heard good things about Timber Banks. Nicklaus course, right?

And @RFKFREAK is correct, I'm with @krupa in that I don't wish to do anything competitive. Y'all can, I'll just play my own game.

Colin P.

4 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

4 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

about 90 minutes.

I can cut that down to about 70 minutes, If I go into "smokey & the bandit" mode.
But seriously count me in, if schedule permits!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

We can just do the play your own game, non-competitive format that we played at Conklin. 

This will be the format; Upstate New York Golfers having fun.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

I'm not super active here, but love this idea - I doubt I can make this one as my wife is due in three weeks but definitely interested in future ones!

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

Note: This thread is 2466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!