IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge August 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8/13/2016:

Took my son to the range today. Spent most of the time watching him but managed to get some work in myself as well. As usual, focus was on a good hip turn with no sway and also did some sweet-spot work with a ball gate and my 7 iron. Finally, I used the last 8 shots as a rehearsal for the first 3 holes of my round tomorrow... 1W/6i/Chip, 1W/4H/chip, 1W/7i. If I can start tomorrow the way practice ended today, should be a nice round. ;-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8/14 - grip, stance, slow take away, inline impact, forward weight shift. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

8/14/16:

Hit some mini-drivers this morning focused on my tempo making sure I keep my back turned to the target longer.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

8/14/2016:

Played a round today and had fun but didn't score well. While I'm playing, I've been trying not to start thinking about too much as far as my swing goes...focus most of the day was just on keeping my head still and making a good turn.

I hit a bucket of balls after the round and did some work with my 3W and 6i. Slow backswing pausing at top and correcting position if needed, then slow downswing to A6 and pause, then down to impact position. Then I'd reset and take a full shot. Did that for a while until I got too hot, took a water break and then hit some lob wedges for a bit, picking out different balls out on the range and pretending they were a pin. 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

8/14/16 (part deux):

Played 27 holes. First 9 I shot 41. Only hit D once. Mostly Mini-drivers in the fairways. Second 9 I shot 40, mind you I was 3 over thru 3. (7, 3, 6 to start) played the final 6 holes in +1... 5 pars and a bogey at 17. Final 9 was all over the place the first 5 holes until I settled in and finished with a 42.

I hit Driver in 27 holes literally, 5 times... (9 twice, 6 once, 15 and 18)... All the other par 4s and 5s were mini-drivers off the tee. Plus 1 more at the 212-yard, 16th.... I found my club for 16! I was hitting either 4w, 7w or 3 or 4 hybrid.... But my Second-hand TM SLDR S 14° Mini-driver is the right club.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

8/15 - grip, stance, slow take away, low point control, inline impact, weight shift.

As of this morning, my HCP down to 11.9 from 14 a few months ago. Thanks 5 min challenge!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

8/15 (part II) - pitching/chipping over lunch break. 

-Jonny

10 minutes mirror work. Focused on getting more jumping feeling from A5 through impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8/15/16:

Mostly worked on irons this morning working on my balance and alignment.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8/15/2016:

Played a few practice "holes" in the front yard with my son hitting to our makeshift green with a plastic ball and putting out with a real one. I gave him a stroke per hole (and several mulligans) and he whipped my butt. ;-)

After that, just slow-motion swings, pausing at A4, A6, and A7 to check and adjust position. Then a full shot or two. Rinse and repeat for about 20 minutes.

Jake

8/16/16:

Slow 1/2 to 3/4 swings with a 9-iron focusing on weight forward and steady head.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8/16 - 10 mins worth of 10 ft putts

-Jonny

8/17 - grip, stance, slow take away, low point control, weight shift. 

-Jonny

8/17/16:

Worked on putting this morning.... Mostly on the stroke some on tempo though.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8/17/2016:

Putting practice today. Mostly short, straight putts, working on hitting my line.

Jake

8/17 - Lesson today.  I've practiced every day this month - just didn't feel like posting it.  I've been stuck, stagnated, not making any progress . .even slipping back a little.  Lesson today was just what I needed to keep moving forward. 

So - I'm still having trouble with my lower body - particularly my left leg.  I picked up a new manipulation that I need to get rid of - but it was easy to do so.  I have been sort of shoving my arms way forward into impact but it's pulling me off balance. 

We did a drill today that I have not done for a very long time and it was a revelation - the one legged drill.  The last time I did this drill was several years ago probably - I could hit the ball on one leg but I didn't really see the light.  Today, though, I did.  Various other parts of my swing have improved to the point where I can really hit it off one leg - actually much better than I can off two legs. 

After my lesson I did some practicing, I realized the difference between one and two leg swings are that, with 2 legs, I'm lunging towards the target  - sort of following my hands and arms which I'm throwing towards the target.  I started throwing them at the ground instead and .. wha-la . .no more lunging.  I did this because, in my experience, undesired lateral motion needs to be replaced by rotational or vertical motion. 

This is funny because I had a revelation several months ago about *not* hitting into the ground - but that was different, lol.  That was a totally different kind of hitting into the ground.  So now I'm feeling really good about things - I'm generating more speed, getting better contact, better divots.  I think I may have finally started to crack this left leg problem that has nagged me forever.  To be accurate, it was initially my entire lower body - but I've got my right leg working pretty good now.

8/18 - did both medicine ball & kettle bell ex's for weight shift training (see LSW). Then my usual: grip, stance, steady head, slow take aways, low point control, weight shift forward with 9i. 

Playing in a Capt Choice Tourn Sat. Played in same tourn last year and won the 2nd flight (a rather dubious honor)? ....hoping to do better this year!

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!