IGNORED

Trump Courses - Would You Pay to Play One Now?

Note: This thread is 1525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd do it just to tell the story and piss off certain types.

Plus, I hear the courses are the best and are "judged to be the greatest golf courses built, by many people. The greatest courses of the world.  Very, very successful."

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 3jacker said:

I'd do it just to tell the story and piss off certain types.

Plus, I hear the courses are the best and are "judged to be the greatest golf courses built, by many people. The greatest courses of the world.  Very, very successful."

Never believe a car salesman, never believe anyone promoting his own golf course.  That said, some of his courses are outstanding, like Turnberry and Doonbeg.  Some are pretty dang good, maybe Doral and Trump Aberdeen.  The northern Virginia club (oops, Trump Washington DC) has two pretty solid courses, including one that held the Senior PGA in 2017.  His courses are generally very well maintained, and aimed at players who have plenty of money.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The funny thing about this thread is you would never and i mean never have this discussion about a Liberal owning a golf courses. Why? Because they don't know the first thing about running a golf course let alone running a candy store. They only know government money. Sorry to sound political but just reading the title of the thread makes it political.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, KevinX said:

The funny thing about this thread is you would never and i mean never have this discussion about a Liberal owning a golf courses. Why? Because they don't know the first thing about running a golf course let alone running a candy store. They only know government money. Sorry to sound political but just reading the title of the thread makes it political.

:offtopic: 

On 9/29/2018 at 7:57 AM, KevinX said:

Oh my ... someone is drinking Kool-Aid. :-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Let's keep the politics out of this, thanks.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I play golf because I enjoy the challenge.  I pick the courses I play because they are either in my price range or I can get a reasonable price for a course I’d really like to play.  My choices have nothing to with the person or company that owns them and even less about their social or political stance.  Just like I go to Disney or watch movies for the entertainment value, not because I agree with their political views or immorality.  That being said, if I had the opportunity to play a President Trump owned golf course at a price that is reasonable, I would in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately like many other courses everywhere, they are too expensive.  If you choose your golf course based on politics, you need to ask yourself why you play golf in the first place.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 8:57 AM, KevinX said:

Sorry to sound political but just reading the title of the thread makes it political.

No it doesn't.

9 minutes ago, Kevlar10 said:

That being said, if I had the opportunity to play a President Trump owned golf course at a price that is reasonable, I would in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately like many other courses everywhere, they are too expensive.  If you choose your golf course based on politics, you need to ask yourself why you play golf in the first place.

I wouldn't play his courses. There are plenty of brands that I don't buy because of bad business practices, and other reasons. I don't need to have an existential golfing moment just because I don't want to play his courses. That is a bit dramatic I think.  

I don't want my money going to him, period. That is just my preference. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 10/10/2016 at 1:52 PM, CarlSpackler said:

Heck yeah I would play a Trump couse. I wouldn't have to listen to whining liberals. :-D

I'm new to TST, and read in the "Rules" about "no politics". Then I started reading this thread, and it took until Page 3 to get to the first "pro-Trump" comment. Thank you, got a good laugh. You're 100% correct.

8 minutes ago, Joe Jetson said:

I'm new to TST, and read in the "Rules" about "no politics". Then I started reading this thread, and it took until Page 3 to get to the first "pro-Trump" comment. Thank you, got a good laugh. You're 100% correct.

I believe this thread was started before we instituted the rule. As long as the conversation is about golf, it's fine.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
On 3/25/2019 at 9:22 PM, billchao said:

I believe this thread was started before we instituted the rule. As long as the conversation is about golf, it's fine.

This. The post you quoted, @Joe Jetson, is from October 2016.

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/24-the-grill-room/

That forum says: "New as of October 2016: No political or religious threads." In other words, it may have been one of the topics that pushed us over the edge.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have had the pleasure of playing 9 Trump courses...Several of them multiple times. His renovations at Turnberry Ailsa are spot on. The redo of Kintyre now Robert the Bruce are truly great. It is now a very good course and candidly I could see a couple of the holes being intertwined into Ailsa to form a composite course much like The Country Club in Brookline. I have played Doonbeg a few times. Before and after his purchase. And the after is much better than the before. I have played his Philly before and after his purchase. No real changes made. And a very challenging course. He purchased a Hudson Valley Trump which is nice but rather ho hum. His Westchester club is very nice. But it sits in the shadows of an area which has so many spectacular courses...Winged Foot X2, Quaker Ridge, Westchester.....I played his Trump Aberdeen last summer and while Donald announced it to be the best in world....It isn't but it is spectacular. It has better turf from green to next tee than 98% of links courses have on their fairways. I have played the Blue Monster before and after and it is nice but just that. His two in NJ are both very nice courses but again sit amongst a bevy of great courses. Trump has the business model down with his golf courses. He swoops in and buys where others have dropped unlimited amounts to previous work. He gets the places at 25 cents on the dollar. Brands it with his Trump...which many find appalling....but candidly it means high end quality or else...So yea, his pushing his name everywhere is a tad over the top...but a quick view to what these places were...Financially struggling and depreciating...to Financially robust and thriving....The proof is in the pudding.

Some of you may consider that not playing a ‘Trump course’ has little effect on Trump. Hell even if a course of his tanks ...it’s no real damage to him. However you would be contributing to the loss of many employees who very well may be hard working and good people. Maintenance staff, cooks, etc. Just like movie pirating...you’re not damaging the multimillionaire actors and producers, you’re screwing the gaffers, grips and stage hands. Just a thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!