IGNORED

Trump Courses - Would You Pay to Play One Now?

Note: This thread is 1521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 10/26/2019 at 4:38 PM, Inferno2ss said:

Sorry, no offense but how is saying "Would You Pay to Play One Now?" any less about politics than what I said?

It can talk about the courses and what's been done to them!! Let's face it. The Trump organization has worked wonders at both Doral and Turnberry! And other courses around the world! Wake up, folks! They are very good at what they do! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 3:32 AM, Buckeyebowman said:

They are very good at what they do! 

In what? Playing golf himself or building golf courses? Reasonably thinking, it can't be politics 😎

For nothing in the world I would play on one of his courses. I'd rather safe the money and play courses like Peppels, if I'd make a golf trip to the USA

Edited by Acemyass
Added some heat :-)

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Acemyass said:

In what? Playing golf himself or building golf courses?

I'd say that the Trump organization is very good at producing high-end luxury experiences, including golf when they've chosen to be involved with golf.  I think they specifically choose to  price them at a rather high point to foster the image of exclusivity, and there is certainly a market for people who enjoy that image of exclusivity.  

Edited by DaveP043

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

9 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'd say that the Trump organization is very good at producing high-end luxury experiences, including golf when they've chosen to be involved with golf.  I think they specifically choose to  price them at a rather high point to foster the image of exclusivity, and there is certainly a market for people who enjoy that image of exclusivity.  

I think I was wrong and you're right, at least marketing wise. But I can get the same "luxury" at places, which are really luxuary. At Trump golf courses, it is artificical luxury at high prices to make it seem something special. And people fall for it and feel glamorous because they hang out there. I don't get it.

But yeah, he (or the people behind the scenes) probably is a good business man i guess.

Just judging from the bankruptcy cases during his business ownership, as well as the proven fraudulent behavior, I think it is safe to say, he is not a successful businessman.  No different would be his business knowledge in his golf clubs. I am not sure where people get an understanding that he knows what he is doing.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lil Greener said:

Just judging from the bankruptcy cases during his business ownership, as well as the proven fraudulent behavior, I think it is safe to say, he is not a successful businessman.  No different would be his business knowledge in his golf clubs. I am not sure where people get an understanding that he knows what he is doing.

I don't think you can just cite "bankruptcies" and declare him bad at business. It's off the topic too much to get further into it than that, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, Lil Greener said:

bankruptcy cases

Reorganizations and workouts are pretty normal in business.

13 minutes ago, Lil Greener said:

proven fraudulent behavior

Such as?  Fraud is a crime, and I don't recall him going to jail for fraud.  

Notwithstanding, this thread is about the golf courses.

Yes I would play one of the courses or more if the opportunity arises. It's golf, I could care less about politics when it comes to golf.

The courses look very nice and as such I do like to play nice courses - but - I also enjoy playing small town courses as well.  

Just give me a dimpled yellow ball (easier to find) some sticks, a beautiful day and nice golf course.  Really does it get much better then that?  The name on the course does not matter to me, I am not into that type of thing anyway.

• Upvote 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

Three of you couldn't help yourselves. Three posts were removed.

Please stick to the topic.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Again, your management of this is tiring...your topic is Trump and golf.  You don’t like the responses, pick another topic.  Trump screwed Tesoro Architects on a clubhouse design.  You don’t like the response, find another topic...this one is right on.

9 minutes ago, Lil Greener said:

Again, your management of this is tiring...your topic is Trump and golf.  You don’t like the responses, pick another topic.  Trump screwed Tesoro Architects on a clubhouse design.  You don’t like the response, find another topic...this one is right on.

He is the owner of the site. He can comment on whatever he wants. Keep politics out please and don't be rude.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
14 hours ago, iacas said:

Three of you couldn't help yourselves. Three posts were removed.

Please stick to the topic.

The topic of this post - and virtually every other one here on this forum except in the obvious places (i.e. the "Sports" forum, the "Geek Zone" forum - note no "politics" or "religion" forums) - is golf. You and two others failed to remember that, or to heed the rule about no politics or religion.

4 hours ago, Lil Greener said:

Your previous (deleted) post had literally nothing to do with golf and was just you posting about politics and/or Trump.

You were given a public warning, and for the post above, an actual warning with five points.

Follow the rules or continue to accrue warnings and points until you're banned. It's a fairly transparent, easy to understand process.

I don't care who owns the courses I play now.  I just care about the course itself and how much they want to charge me to play it.... 

I am not aware of any course I wouldn't play just because of who might own it.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Well, interesting question, because it's close to home. 

Next fall I may be spending a couple of months in the general vicinity of Freehold, NJ, with some time for golf, so I've wasted a little time on the internet seeing what's in the general vicinity,  in a nutshell, a well regarded muni, a semi-private club and two private courses (Trump National and something called Due Process Stables) are all around the corner.  From what I can tell, getting onto Trump National is probably doable, and Due Process Stables, probably not).  Neither of them look like they're worth the trouble (and I don't know or care what the greens fees are).  If I want a spur of the moment 'soul of golf' experience, I'll drive an hour south to Atlantic City Country Club.  And I will do that.  If I want a 'soul of golf' experience that requires some planning ahead and connections, there are far more interesting alternatives to chase down in the New York Metro area.  I probably won't bother.

More generally, and without getting all political (I hope) . . . the world of golf has some wonderful people who in the current era have developed and underwritten some magnificent tracks (Mike Keiser, the guys behind Ballyneal or the Sand Hills Club, etc., etc.)  The world of golf also has a slew of parasitic operators who use golf courses as keynotes to high end resort/retirement communities or part of the amenities in a high-end luxury experience for a certain type of customer that I have no desire to associate with.  In my opinion, Mr Trump, in his private capacity and not as POTUS or the C-in-C,  and the operations of the Trump Organization, very much fall into the latter category.   His customers, well, to use a phrase my daughter taught me, they aren't my homies.  I'd rather hang out with the members of the men's golf association at the nearest muny, or intellectuals, or bird hunters, or retired military, anybody who doesn't use his bank balance in a hand measuring contest.

So, for me, I guess the answer is no, both philosophically and where the rubber meets the road.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DwightC said:

Well, interesting question, because it's close to home. 

Next fall I may be spending a couple of months in the general vicinity of Freehold, NJ, with some time for golf, so I've wasted a little time on the internet seeing what's in the general vicinity,  in a nutshell, a well regarded muni, a semi-private club and two private courses (Trump National and something called Due Process Stables) are all around the corner.  From what I can tell, getting onto Trump National is probably doable, and Due Process Stables, probably not).  Neither of them look like they're worth the trouble (and I don't know or care what the greens fees are).  If I want a spur of the moment 'soul of golf' experience, I'll drive an hour south to Atlantic City Country Club.  And I will do that.  If I want a 'soul of golf' experience that requires some planning ahead and connections, there are far more interesting alternatives to chase down in the New York Metro area.  I probably won't bother.

More generally, and without getting all political (I hope) . . . the world of golf has some wonderful people who in the current era have developed and underwritten some magnificent tracks (Mike Keiser, the guys behind Ballyneal or the Sand Hills Club, etc., etc.)  The world of golf also has a slew of parasitic operators who use golf courses as keynotes to high end resort/retirement communities or part of the amenities in a high-end luxury experience for a certain type of customer that I have no desire to associate with.  In my opinion, Mr Trump, in his private capacity and not as POTUS or the C-in-C,  and the operations of the Trump Organization, very much fall into the latter category.   His customers, well, to use a phrase my daughter taught me, they aren't my homies.  I'd rather hang out with the members of the men's golf association at the nearest muny, or intellectuals, or bird hunters, or retired military, anybody who doesn't use his bank balance in a hand measuring contest.

So, for me, I guess the answer is no, both philosophically and where the rubber meets the road.

I understand what you're saying, and in my eyes, you've stayed on the appropriate side of the line between golf talk and political talk.  I also live near a Trump facility, the private club in Virginia, in the Washington DC suburbs.  I play against the Trump club on a fairly regular basis in our local interclub league.  As some of the guys here have experienced, my own home club is pretty rural, pretty informal, the complete opposite of the image you've portrayed of the high-end experience.  Yet they guys I've played with and against from Trump National DC, whether playing at my club or at theirs, have generally just been golfers like all the rest of us.  Yeah, they have more disposable money than I do, but they're regular guys.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I know a fellow pro who works at a Trump course (i think he’s still there).  Was my roommate for lev 3 PGA. He waited until last possible moment to say where he worked. He didn’t want to have to answer a bunch of questions. For him, there’s obviously a market for Trump merch and the courses are generally very well maintained. Good place to grow. 

I don’t remember what I said before in this thread but I would play one but I’d have to hide that from my wife. She’d murder me. I just want to golf places for the golf and the fun. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Note: This thread is 1521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!