IGNORED

Trump Courses - Would You Pay to Play One Now?

Note: This thread is 1501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, dennyjones said:

this ..... 

And don’t have 6” of snow on them in December!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I played Trump at Ferry Point in the Bronx. Its one of the best courses i have played. Except for the Black. Condition wise second to none. Its a little overpriced for me. Its a course for the rich to play. That's all he builds. I can see why some wouldn't play it because who he is. I wouldn't play a course if Hillary built one.

Ive played at Trump courses for tournaments over the years and would do so again if one were staged there. I actually shot one of my best ever scores at the Colts Neck course before trump bought it. Ive played that course before and after the trump and the actual course itself didnt change all that much from what i remember.  But i would never pay to play at one, no. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, Acemyass said:

I think I was wrong and you're right, at least marketing wise. But I can get the same "luxury" at places, which are really luxuary. At Trump golf courses, it is artificical luxury at high prices to make it seem something special. And people fall for it and feel glamorous because they hang out there. I don't get it.

But yeah, he (or the people behind the scenes) probably is a good business man i guess.

You make it sound like you've played at one of Trump's golf resorts! Otherwise what example would you have to compare it to, to pronounce it as "artificial". Seems like a jaundiced view. 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, IowaGreg said:

I don't care who owns the courses I play now.  I just care about the course itself and how much they want to charge me to play it.... 

I am not aware of any course I wouldn't play just because of who might own it.

This is much what I said in an earlier post. Unless you're willing to quiz every golf course owner on their political opinions, don't play there! From what I've read and heard the Trump organization did great jobs on both Doral and Turnberry! 

I'd pay to play Turnberry, Doral, Pine Hill, and Doonbeg.  Not the others.

The few times I have played his courses, I found them to be impeccably maintained.  No broken tees laying around, trash out of sight, true greens, no riff raff.  Costs money.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:22 AM, Rippy_72 said:

I'd pay to play Turnberry, Doral, Pine Hill, and Doonbeg.  Not the others.

The few times I have played his courses, I found them to be impeccably maintained.  No broken tees laying around, trash out of sight, true greens, no riff raff.  Costs money.

No Riff Raff? Guess I'm out!

On 2/15/2020 at 8:29 AM, Sandy Divot said:

No Riff Raff? Guess I'm out!

I can't stand seeing cigar butts, cigarette butts, trash, and tees left.  They all belong in the trash.  So yes, riff raff.

19 hours ago, Rippy_72 said:

I can't stand seeing cigar butts, cigarette butts, trash, and tees left.  They all belong in the trash.  So yes, riff raff.

I don't know, I've seen plenty of folks with the money to play these expensive courses who still act like slobs, including my semi-regular rounds at Trump's private club in northern Virginia.  Just like at the least expensive munis, they're a minority, but they're there.  The only difference is that the expensive clubs have the money to hire people to clean up after the slobs  a lot more often.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

15 minutes ago, Lil Greener said:

Broken tees are left by riff raff but a scum bag crooked owner is okay, I guess, in this new America.   Weird standards we now have.

Please no political comments. I agree it is hard with a thread like this, but we have that policy.

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, Lil Greener said:

Broken tees are left by riff raff but a scum bag crooked owner is okay, I guess, in this new America.   Weird standards we now have.

I did not realize I was expected to comment on the owner.  I'd play one.  I would not join one of his clubs, is that sufficient for you?

Not picking up tees, throwing cigar and cigarette butts on the turf, and other trash is riff raff behavior.  In my limited rounds at his course, the conditions were immaculate and the staff were also incredible.  Would I turn an invitation down to play a Trump course?  No.  

• Like 1

Amazing life to a topic I didn't think would last two pages let alone 21.  Let's try to keep things to the relative merits of Trump golf courses and maybe it'll see a 22nd page.

I already responded to this many moons ago, but the key factor remains the same, cost. 

It would seem that for a mere $450 I could play Doral tomorrow morning. 

Edited by mcanadiens
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Amazing life to a topic I didn't think would last two pages let alone 21.  Let's try to keep things to the relative merits of Trump golf courses and maybe it'll see a 22nd page.

I already responded to this many moons ago, but the key factor remains the same, cost. 

It would seem that for a mere $450 I could play Doral tomorrow morning. 

If I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather play #2, or the Ocean Course, or save and play Harbor Town.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rippy_72 said:

Ok.  Good for you.

Trump gets my vote again in November.

No politics! What is unclear about that?

Scott

My Swing Thread

9 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

If I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather play #2, or the Ocean Course, or save and play Harbor Town.

Well. I'd not live to see another round of golf if I paid that much anywhere, but I hear you. Better options for that kind of money for sure.

Note: This thread is 1501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!