IGNORED

What do you wear to play golf?

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The only thing that is critical for me is a nice quality sweat-wicking shirt (UA, or Adidas or something) for hot days. Everything else is whatever. A lot of days now I don't even bother grabbing my golf shoes and head out there with some sneakers. Hot days I wear regular khaki shorts, nothing fancy. Cold days khaki pants, nothing fancy.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Always wear golf attire. Never t-shirts or athletic shorts.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Always microfiber, polyester fabric to stay dry, and I like the lightweight feel, even in the cold.

Shorts and polo in the heat, pants and polo in the cool, add a half zip in the cold.

For practice at the range I will usually wear my beloved Callaway hat with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.  For actual rounds I will wear shorts with a collard shirt, along with my Callaway hat and a belt.

I walked 9 the other day wearing Birkenstocks and no socks.  Wasn't half bad.

I also got a couple knickers outfits for Christmas which I've worn a few times.  It's hard to make the bottoms stay up properly.  (I also can't keep my shirt tucked in wearing normal attire so it might be just me.)

I recently ended a multi-year hiatus from golf.  The first couple rounds back, I wore 100% cotton polos -- it's all I had in the closet.

Never again.

I bought a few cheap closeout shirts from Budget Golf (adidas, Greg Norman, Ping) and found a few more at Ross (Nike, Greg Norman, PGA Tour -- I really like the Airflux's that were mentioned earlier); also scored some breathable Norman shorts that are 1000% better than the shorts I wore those first 2 rounds in June.  That will be all I wear in the heat and humidity around here.

As for range time, practice like you play.  I'll wear the same shirts at the range that I would on the course.  I may not always hit the ball well, but at least I'll look decent doing it.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

1 minute ago, No Mulligans said:

#1 priority for me is sun protection. In the summer, dry fit shirt, Adidas climalite pants (or something equally lite and cool), cooling sleeves, hat.

20160810_131104.png

Your photo is playing tricks on my eyes ... it looks like the ball is hovering 6 inches off the ground.

56 minutes ago, Duffer Waldorf said:

I recently ended a multi-year hiatus from golf.  The first couple rounds back, I wore 100% cotton polos -- it's all I had in the closet.

Never again.

I bought a few cheap closeout shirts from Budget Golf (adidas, Greg Norman, Ping) and found a few more at Ross (Nike, Greg Norman, PGA Tour -- I really like the Airflux's that were mentioned earlier); also scored some breathable Norman shorts that are 1000% better than the shorts I wore those first 2 rounds in June.  That will be all I wear in the heat and humidity around here.

As for range time, practice like you play.  I'll wear the same shirts at the range that I would on the course.  I may not always hit the ball well, but at least I'll look decent doing it.

I don't know how people dealt with 100% cotton in the dark ages. Look at the photos of sweaty tennis players in the 70s and 80s. Probably a new shirt every changeover.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I just call them golf shirts. Shorts. Sandal spikes. No hat. I'll wear this even if it's like 54 degrees, so long as there is some sun. If it gets colder, I'll wear a thermal shirt underneath the golf shirt, maybe a hat. If it's too cold to wear shorts, I don't play.

"Witty golf quote."

Shorts or khakis (never jeans) and a collared shirt.  

When I first started playing golf my friend booked us a tee time at this course and when I showed up at my friends place in jeans to play, he told me they had a dress code and I had to go home and change.

So, dressing this way, I never have to worry about that happening again. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

2 hours ago, Aguirre said:

I just call them golf shirts. Shorts. Sandal spikes. No hat. I'll wear this even if it's like 54 degrees, so long as there is some sun. If it gets colder, I'll wear a thermal shirt underneath the golf shirt, maybe a hat. If it's too cold to wear shorts, I don't play.

I love wearing my old Bite Golf Sandal Spikes, when playing on a hot and humid day. They are classic. My dogs gotta breathe.

And yes, they are quite stable.

I dress for the weather and where I'm playing. Last week my buddy's Son was on vacation, and we had bought some "golf cards" that allowed us to play a local high rent country club at a significant discount. I dressed to the nines for that round. All performance fabrics of course, as hot and sticky as it's been around here. But, I looked good!

Yesterday I played league at a little, busted ass 9 holer nearby. I wore some old workout shorts and an Under Armour tee shirt that I've had for probably 15 years! But nobody, including the owner of the course who is in the league, cares all that much. People show up to play this course in all manner of dress. It's decidedly casual.

So, I was dressed good enough for who it's for!

BTW, I'm playing the TST NE Ohio outing near Norwalk this weekend. It looks like a really nice place, so I'll be dressed to the nines for that round as well.

I have a very dirty Edmonton Oilers ball cap that I wear religiously when I golf.  For league Monday's I usually match it with a team polo.  

Usually if I'm golfing early it's shorts, polo, and my trusty blue Callaway wind sweater.  Rain or bug days and I resort to wearing pants.  

Corey

Note: This thread is 2805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!