IGNORED

Kaepernick Sits for National Anthem

14ledo81
Note: This thread is 1882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

So people who don't vote are douchebags? I see no reason why not voting is him doing anything wrong or against what he was standing up for with the BLM. 

Are you serious?  The guy uses national TV to portray himself as some sort of social justice warrior and then when his chance to actually do something about it comes along he blows it off.

This guy is FDA approved grade-A douche imo.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Strandly said:

Are you serious?  The guy uses national TV to portray himself as some sort of social justice warrior and then when his chance to actually do something about it comes along he blows it off.

I wouldn't call him a douche, but I agree with your point. But because voting doesn't draw attention to one's self, he probably thought it was less effective :whistle:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, woodzie264 said:

I wouldn't call him a douche, but I agree with your point. But because voting doesn't draw attention to one's self, he probably thought it was less effective :whistle:

I'm not just calling him a douche because of the voting thing, I thought he was a douche because of the kneeling thing.  More specifically I interpreted his kneeling as throwing the entire country under the bus, not just bad cops.  But yeah the voting thing certainly doesn't help his cause in my eyes.

Just now, Hardspoon said:

When did he do that?

When he decided to use his place of employment to preach to the masses.

It hard for me to throw stones at someone for not voting for president this year. I had a real hard time with it. Still, there's a ballot full of other stuff that deserves some amount of attention. I guess if CK didn't know anything about it, it is just as well he stayed home.

36 minutes ago, Strandly said:

So what. What if neither candidate was worthy to vote for? Why should he feel like he's obligated to vote? You just want a reason to bash him. Your reason is pathetically weak. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

So what. What if neither candidate was worthy to vote for? Why should he feel like he's obligated to vote? You just want a reason to bash him. Your reason is pathetically weak. 

Because the ballots are full of local elections and legislation approval so even if he doesn't care to pick the president he should participate for those other things.

The simple fact is the guy made an enormous stink on national TV to complain about the poor job the government is doing and then when his chance TO IMPROVE THE GOVERNMENT presents itself he does nothing!  If you can't see the irony (or stupidity) in this then I think you are either extremely dense or you're trolling.

He complained that he didn't feel represented and that's why he took a knee during the National Anthem.  Yesterday he had a chance to elect people that better represented him at a local and national level and he chose to sit home.  

I'm not going to call him names but it does make me question his motives for kneeling in the first place even more.  

Joe Paradiso

9 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Bazinga!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

10 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Really??

I am sure he doesn't think is reasoning is pathetically weak.  How much nicer does your sentence read (and less inflammatory) if you simply add the words "I think" to the beginning of it.

FWIW, I believe he is correct.  Voting is definitely how you make change in this country.  If he didn't like either of the main candidates (or any of the others) he could have wrote-in someone.  

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

9 hours ago, newtogolf said:

He complained that he didn't feel represented and that's why he took a knee during the National Anthem.  Yesterday he had a chance to elect people that better represented him at a local and national level and he chose to sit home.  

I'm not going to call him names but it does make me question his motives for kneeling in the first place even more.  

What if none of the candidates "represented" him at either a national or local level???

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

11 minutes ago, Elmer said:

What if none of the candidates "represented" him at either a national or local level???

That's possible but hard to believe.  I had an opportunity to vote for 12 different positions on my ballot and there were at least 3 options in every election.  

If that was true why not make that statement by calling them out and saying that upon reviewing all the candidate options he didn't feel any of them were going to properly address his concerns?

My guess is Colin isn't very politically aware and took a stand with BLM to bring awareness to the problem but he's not really involved enough to try to fix it.  

Joe Paradiso

17 minutes ago, Elmer said:

If you are waiting around for a perfect politician you are going to be waiting a very long time. We haven't seen one yet.

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

If you are waiting around for a perfect politician you are going to be waiting a very long time. We haven't seen one yet.

Or perfect person for that matter. :-) CK is not perfect. I don't agree with his method but defend his right to do so. I don't think it has been effective.

We need to come up with a way to change our attitudes about even debating an issue. Everyone, including me, can get defensive and push ourselves further away from the person we are discussing issues with. That never solves problems. I think this is a big part of the divide in the country now. People aren't willing to listen. They are more willing to criticize the other point of view.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

40 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Or perfect person for that matter. :-) CK is not perfect. I don't agree with his method but defend his right to do so. I don't think it has been effective.

We need to come up with a way to change our attitudes about even debating an issue. Everyone, including me, can get defensive and push ourselves further away from the person we are discussing issues with. That never solves problems. I think this is a big part of the divide in the country now. People aren't willing to listen. They are more willing to criticize the other point of view.

I agree, it seems a large majority of people believe the only way to influence someone is to offend or challenge their belief system.  CK taking a knee is well within his right but he does so knowing that many in this country are offended by such behavior.  We have people protesting and rioting in the streets making everyone else miserable because the election didn't go their way.  

If you want someone to listen, offending them or threatening their safety isn't a good start.  

Joe Paradiso

38 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

There's a lot of noise these days. It can be pretty difficult.

That said, I've actually had several pretty decent conversations with people whose views run counter to my own over the past while. Back when the whole CK story really broke, my bruv and I had a really good chat with a fellow at our local pub. The guy, a younger black man, pointed out to me that CK's actions got us talking about it. I had to agree with him.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

+1

A little civility goes a long way....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I don't mind differing viewpoints at all but I admit I'm very intolerant of people who I think are stupid.  And I think Kapernick is probably very stupid.

I think he got caught up in the media sensationalization of the bad cop thing and his kneejerk reaction (because he's not very smart and didn't think it through) was to run out on the field and start protesting.  This in itself isn't necessarily a reason to begrudge the man because hey, people make mistakes sometimes or don't fully think things through.  But I find it hard to believe someone smarter than him didn't pull him aside between when he started his protest and election day and explain to him the significance of what he was saying with his protest, how it might be interpreted by people across the country, and how his actions will look going forward (especially on election day).  Yet come election day he doubled down on his apparent stupidity and refused to vote.  It's this combination of how he went about his protest and then his refusal to vote that makes me call him names and I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

People that offer no solution and take no action to make things better, but have no problem sitting there complaining are the worst kind of citizen you can have imo.  And that's exactly what Kapernick is doing.

Note: This thread is 1882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!