IGNORED

Kaepernick Sits for National Anthem

14ledo81
Note: This thread is 1879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, Elmer said:

What if none of the candidates "represented" him at either a national or local level???

There were 9 candidates for President on my ballot in NJ.

7 hours ago, newtogolf said:

My guess is Colin isn't very politically aware and took a stand with BLM to bring awareness to the problem but he's not really involved enough to try to fix it.  

Yea that's kind of how I feel about it now. I don't care if he is lazy civically, but it does undermine his credibility a bit in my eyes.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, billchao said:

There were 9 candidates for President on my ballot in NJ.

Yea that's kind of how I feel about it now. I don't care if he is lazy civically, but it does undermine his credibility a bit in my eyes.

9? We had only 4. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

We need to come up with a way to change our attitudes about even debating an issue. Everyone, including me, can get defensive and push ourselves further away from the person we are discussing issues with. That never solves problems. I think this is a big part of the divide in the country now. People aren't willing to listen. They are more willing to criticize the other point of view.

Great post. When we discuss issues, too often we're more concerned with winning the debate than we are in finding middle ground, or understanding another point of view or, god forbid, discovering any truth.

Jon

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

9? We had only 4. 

You should've seen the Colorado ballot then. We had 22 different options for president on our ballot this year. It was a bit absurd, in all honesty.

20 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

You should've seen the Colorado ballot then. We had 22 different options for president on our ballot this year. It was a bit absurd, in all honesty.

Ballot preparers were stoned.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

On 11/10/2016 at 4:38 PM, boogielicious said:

9? We had only 4. 

We had 2!
Both old, rich, white people!
I am not sure how Kaepernick couldn't relate to one of them!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

26 minutes ago, Elmer said:

We had 2!
Both old, rich, white people!
I am not sure how Kaepernick couldn't relate to one of them!

If only there had been a young, rich, black candidate for him to "relate to"...

Fortunately, most people think a little bit beyond just age and race.

On November 10, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Gunther said:

Ballot preparers were stoned.

:-$

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

If only there had been a young, rich, black candidate for him to "relate to"...

Fortunately, most people think a little bit beyond just age and race.

:-$

You have to admit that our elected candidates are not nearly representative of the diverse population of this land!

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

3 hours ago, Elmer said:

You have to admit that our elected candidates are not nearly representative of the diverse population of this land!

Is that even possible?

Who could possibly (racially, ethnically, financially) represent all of the people?  If by representing you mean they actually have to share all of those qualities with everyone.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

16 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Is that even possible?

Who could possibly (racially, ethnically, financially) represent all of the people?  If by representing you mean they actually have to share all of those qualities with everyone.

Give Bill Clinton's progeny a couple more generations to multiply and he'll be pretty close

2 hours ago, Elmer said:

Maybe not, but in terms of demographics, it's not unreasonable to have the major parties back white candidates given they still are the majority in the country.  

In the Republican primaries there were 2 Hispanic, 1 African American and 1 female candidate that better represented the country compared to what the Democrats offered.  

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, 14ledo81 said:

Is that even possible?

Not by the color of their skin, yet sharing common ideals...such as honesty, generosity, or honorable positions and intentions.

28 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Not by the color of their skin, yet sharing common ideals...such as honesty, generosity, or honorable positions and intentions.

But that wouldn't be representative of all those people that are dishonest, non-generous, etc..... like I said...not possible.

Also, it would be great if a politician had those ideals you mentioned.  Not happening.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

18 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Maybe not, but in terms of demographics, it's not unreasonable to have the major parties back white candidates given they still are the majority in the country.  

In the Republican primaries there were 2 Hispanic, 1 African American and 1 female candidate that better represented the country compared to what the Democrats offered.  

And yet both parties nominated old rich, white people!

17 hours ago, Spanky said:

Neither candidate exhibited such ideals by their actions.

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

41 minutes ago, Elmer said:

And yet both parties nominated old rich, white people!

You've stated this a few times, not sure what your point is.  That was the will of the majority, that's how elections work, who ever gets the most votes gets to represent their party.  

Kaepernick was raised by white parents and is quite wealthy so not sure why he feels disconnected from either candidate.  

Joe Paradiso

• 4 months later...

Now that free agency is in full swing and Kaepernick has received no offers, I thought it would be fun to bring this one back so everyone could add his/her own spin on it.

Regardless of whether I agreed or disagreed with his actions, I would never condone the league blacklisting him for it.  Personally, I think it is primarily poor play, but his actions just exacerbates the situation.  So it it is combination, but if he were performing at a high level, no team would have a problem.  Heck, if Charles Manson could win a Super Bowl, he'd be starting somewhere... lol.

John

Edited by 70sSanO

11 minutes ago, 70sSanO said:

Now that free agency is in full swing and Kaepernick has received no offers, I thought it would be fun to bring this one back so everyone could add his/her own spin on it.

Regardless of whether I agreed or disagreed with his actions, I would never condone the league blacklisting him for it.  Personally, I think it is primarily poor play, but his actions just exacerbates the situation.  So it it is combination, but if he were performing at a high level, no team would have a problem.  Heck, if Charles Manson could win a Super Bowl, he'd be starting somewhere... lol.

John

I stand by my post (#2).  Karma is a bitch... :-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!