IGNORED

Kaepernick Sits for National Anthem

14ledo81
Note: This thread is 1876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

So my buddy has me trying to play fantasy football this year and I'm messing around with my draft sheets. 

CK is the 38th out of the 40 QBs on the list.

Where's Dak Prescott?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

57 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Prescott is 20, CK is 40

.colin.jpg

Lol, that's funny.  

Shocking Dak is up that high, but pleasantly surprised, hope he lives up to it...he'll need to or it's season #20 in a row down the tubes.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Heard this on the way this morning on one of the sports shows I listen to in the morning, but Kaepernick is definitely one of the biggest idiot athletes ever.   So he rails about the oppressive treatment of people of color in the US (he's vastly uninformed) and then he goes to a press conference to answer questions wearing a Fidel Castro meeting Malcolm X t-shirt.  Not sure he understands that Castro is one of the most oppressive dictators ever.  Now I haven't been able to find what the saying on the bottom of the shirt says (but I'm guessing it's not satire), but what a moron.

kaepernick2-1.jpg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

17 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

So he rails about the oppressive treatment of people of color in the US (he's vastly uninformed) 

Did you actually listen to his press conference? By all (reasonable) accounts, he is actually very informed and articulate.

18 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

and then he goes to a press conference to answer questions wearing a Fidel Castro meeting Malcolm X t-shirt.  

Yeah...ugh. :doh: What an ignorant move. I read that and knew it was going to spawn a bunch of frothy-mouthed commentary (not from you; I'm talking about "sports writers" who wouldn't know Castro from George Bush.

At this point, I'm just sad that I won't be able to watch any NFL pre-game coverage without hearing about this stupid overblown non-incident. 

- John

1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

Did you actually listen to his press conference? By all (reasonable) accounts, he is actually very informed and articulate.

Yeah...ugh. :doh: What an ignorant move. I read that and knew it was going to spawn a bunch of frothy-mouthed commentary (not from you; I'm talking about "sports writers" who wouldn't know Castro from George Bush.

At this point, I'm just sad that I won't be able to watch any NFL pre-game coverage without hearing about this stupid overblown non-incident. 

No, I read the transcript (http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/28/transcript-colin-kaepernick-addresses-sitting-during-national-anthem/), where he generalizes everything, nothing specific other than his one run-in with the cops while moving into an apartment.  Other than that he is very uniformed, I'm sorry.  

CK: I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. That’s not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. That’s something that’s not happening. I’ve seen videos,  I’ve seen circumstances where men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly by the country they have fought for, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. That’s not right.

Who isn't getting liberty and justice, what military people are coming back and getting murdered by the government?  Did I miss that in the news?  What the hell is he talking about, How about he protests all of the murders in Chicago by minorities.  DeWayne Wade's cousin was just killed in a drive-by in Chicago, I suppose in Kaeps world that was the fault of the police.

His response below about the standards of training for a cop versus a cosmetologist has some merit, but then again there are far more cops that go through the normal training (My Dad was a cop in Maine) and are just fine police officers.   

CK: There is police brutality. People of color have been targeted by police. So that’s a large part of it and they’re government officials.  They are put in place by the government. So that’s something that this country has to change. There’s things we can do to hold them more accountable. Make those standards higher. You have people that practice law and are lawyers and go to school for eight years, but you can become a cop in six months and don’t have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist. That’s insane. Someone that’s holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us.   

You want to know how not to get shot by a police officer, don't resist arrest even if they are wrong.  Don't run away, don't try and run them over with our car, don't assault them and do what you're told.  Are there bad cops, absolutely just like there are plenty of bad people who aren't cops, but unless you resist arrest, your chances of getting shot or killed are very low.  

For another view:  http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/11/if-you-dont-want-police-to-shoot-you-dont-resist-arrest/

And I still find it ironic that a bi-racial person, who was given up for adoption by his birth mother and raised by two white people and plays a game for a contract just north of 114 Million dollars would consider that oppression.

But at the end of the day, he'll be sitting on the bench during every game and will likely not play anywhere ever again.  So he might be out of the league because politely standing for the flag and anthem is apparently an endorsement for all that is wrong in America.  

Color me unimpressed with Colin Kaepernick.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 minute ago, jsgolfer said:

No, I read the transcript (http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/28/transcript-colin-kaepernick-addresses-sitting-during-national-anthem/), where he generalizes everything, nothing specific other than his one run-in with the cops while moving into an apartment.  Other than that he is very uniformed, I'm sorry.  

CK: I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. That’s not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. That’s something that’s not happening. I’ve seen videos,  I’ve seen circumstances where men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly by the country they have fought for, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. That’s not right.

Who isn't getting liberty and justice, what military people are coming back and getting murdered by the government?  Did I miss that in the news?  What the hell is he talking about, How about he protests all of the murders in Chicago by minorities.  DeWayne Wade's cousin was just killed in a drive-by in Chicago, I suppose in Kaeps world that was the fault of the police.

His response below about the standards of training for a cop versus a cosmetologist has some merit, but then again there are far more cops that go through the normal training (My Dad was a cop in Maine) and are just fine police officers.   

CK: There is police brutality. People of color have been targeted by police. So that’s a large part of it and they’re government officials.  They are put in place by the government. So that’s something that this country has to change. There’s things we can do to hold them more accountable. Make those standards higher. You have people that practice law and are lawyers and go to school for eight years, but you can become a cop in six months and don’t have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist. That’s insane. Someone that’s holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us.   

You want to know how not to get shot by a police officer, don't resist arrest even if they are wrong.  Don't run away, don't try and run them over with our car, don't assault them and do what you're told.  Are there bad cops, absolutely just like there are plenty of bad people who aren't cops, but unless you resist arrest, your chances of getting shot or killed are very low.  

For another view:  http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/11/if-you-dont-want-police-to-shoot-you-dont-resist-arrest/

And I still find it ironic that a bi-racial person, who was given up for adoption by his birth mother and raised by two white people and plays a game for a contract just north of 120 Million dollars would consider that oppression.

But at the end of the day, he'll be sitting on the bench during every game and will likely not play anywhere ever again.  So he'll might be out of the league because politely standing for the flag and anthem is apparently an endorsement for all that is wrong in America.  

Color me unimpressed with Colin Kaepernick.

I understand and respect your opinion.  But aren't you spending way more time on him and his protest than it deserves? He made his point I think it's time to move on. If he starts working with the police on resolving the perception of bias, then that would be more impressive and worthy of my attention.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, boogielicious said:

I understand and respect your opinion.  But aren't you spending way more time on him and his protest than it deserves? He made his point I think it's time to move on. If he starts working with the police on resolving the perception of bias, then that would be more impressive and worthy of my attention.

Way more than I probably should.   

-Jerry

I feel he (Kaepernick) has every right to protest by sitting on his overpaid ass during the national anthem. I feel that way because when I joined the US Army in Oct of 1973 I took and oath, the oath had nothing to do with rather or not I greed with a silly over paid ignorant (of the facts) nitwit. The oath means that I will defend your right to say what you think even if your head is so far up your ass all you can smell is your morning coffee.

Kaepernick is wrong on the issues, he is wrong on his opinion and has no clue as to the real injustices that plague our country. But I took and oath, I wore the uniform with honor and pride so he and his ilk can go on TV and spout their nonsense. It is troublesome because those that look up to celebrities like "ol Colin, never see them in the areas where they and their money/celebrity can do some good. They are always seen, in limos, flying around and drinking with supper models (which is also their right) but then get media attention while making stupid remarks of things they have no clue of or any real care for.

When this happens I either change the channel or go golfing.

cant stand.jpg

Golf is like being married to a beautiful woman that can cook, change a flat tire and never turns you down. But   just for fun she slaps you around in public.

1 hour ago, ol 3 putts said:

cant stand.jpg

I simply don't understand the argument in this cartoon.  Men and women fight and die to give us the right to question/criticize the government.  How better to respect their sacrifices than by exercising our rights?

Edited by krupa

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

5 minutes ago, krupa said:

I simply don't understand the argument in this cartoon.  Men and women fight and die to give us the right to question/criticize the government.  How better to respect their sacrifices than by exercising our rights?

The way I read it is that despite how you feel about, in this case, standing for the pledge of allegiance, you should do so out of respect for the people who fought and died for the what the flag/pledge symbolizes.   People are going to be all over the spectrum on that one.  So for example if I knew that people like that would be offended, I might choose another way to protest.

And FWIW, I would probably not protest in this way.   I support the right to do so, and I also think that if you choose to do something like that then you have to take the consequences or criticism.  If so, then that's fine.   I don't think it was intended to be a slap in the face to the military so that's fine with me.  Given that there are some many wonderful things about this country I would find another way to voice my protest. 

—Adam

1 minute ago, imsys0042 said:

The way I read it is that despite how you feel about, in this case, standing for the pledge of allegiance, you should do so out of respect for the people who fought and died for the what the flag/pledge symbolizes.

Thanks.  I hadn't considered that side of it.  When I was in school, it was just "something you did" and we never (that I can remember) talked about why we did it.

2 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

And FWIW, I would probably not protest in this way.   I support the right to do so, and I also think that if you choose to do something like that then you have to take the consequences or criticism.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't protest that way either.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

16 minutes ago, krupa said:

Yeah, I personally wouldn't protest that way either.

I could see not shaking the President's hand or not standing if he came into the room if there was something that he did that I considered horrible and against what I think our country's values are.   That is doing a protest to someone/something specifically, not something that is very generic like the flag or the national anthem.  Although I really don't have much of a problem with what he did, I feel like it's protesting all soda because you don't like something Pepsi did.

—Adam

33 minutes ago, krupa said:

There is no argument being made in the cartoon. It simply states a fact, however I think if little Kevin has  good reason to sit it out then alright.  If on the other hand he is as wrong as Kaepernick is, there is where I have a problem. Under the 1st amendment we have the rights granted too all. It does not make anyone right simply because they use the right to spout unfounded political BS.

Golf is like being married to a beautiful woman that can cook, change a flat tire and never turns you down. But   just for fun she slaps you around in public.

I am beginning to think all Kaepernick did was replace Lochte in the publicity area of public opinion. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!