Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iacas

NHL 2016-17

Note: This thread is 959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

225 posts / 18429 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

3 hours ago, iacas said:

cut.jpg

Can they repeat? Yes.

Will they? Unlikely.

What, you didn't want to start a Pittsburg Penguins Stanley Cup Champions 2017 thread? ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, billchao said:

What, you didn't want to start a Pittsburg Penguins Stanley Cup Champions 2017 thread? ;-)

I was thinking of reserving a "Coyotes 2018 Championship Coronation" thread, but there are several reasons why I didn't ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let's see if anyone important gets injured in the World Cup. 

It's a bit of a well kept secret in these parts, but stuff does start tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Let's see if anyone important gets injured in the World Cup. 

It's a bit of a well kept secret in these parts, but stuff does start tonight.

Do you like the Jackets at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

33 minutes ago, Brian W said:

Do you like the Jackets at all?

Well. ... I suppose that all things being equal, they may as well win. Who knows, maybe someone in Ohio might actually pay attention to hockey if they do.

I got into hockey several years before the CBJ came into existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Well. ... I suppose that all things being equal, they may as well win. Who knows, maybe someone in Ohio might actually pay attention to hockey if they do.

I got into hockey several years before the CBJ came into existence.

Good for you!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Ok. Thanks I guess.

I am just a big fan of JD and Jarmo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I may be a Canadiens supporter, but I'm also an American. That made for some painful watching of last night's World Cup game.

That was the sort of defense I had come to expect out of the Federal League semi-pros we had skating around Dayton in recent years. I'd have to guess that Tortorella isn't likely to get anymore of these type of assignments any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

I'd have to guess that Tortorella isn't likely to get anymore of these type of assignments any time soon.

Tortorella is grossly over-rated as a coach IMO. I'm not really sure why he keeps getting coaching jobs other than being a "known commodity."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, billchao said:

Tortorella is grossly over-rated as a coach IMO. I'm not really sure why he keeps getting coaching jobs other than being a "known commodity."

Agreed. The fact that he's a somewhat colorful character (sort of a wannabe Mike Kenan) is part of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Agreed. The fact that he's a somewhat colorful character (sort of a wannabe Mike Kenan) is part of it. 

Well that and he did win a Stanley Cup as a head coach. Granted it was 2004 so it's almost irrelevant to today's NHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

Well that and he did win a Stanley Cup as a head coach. Granted it was 2004 so it's almost irrelevant to today's NHL.

He had some pretty decent players on that team. That CBJ roster is quite a bit thinner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...