IGNORED

My Swing (deason)

deason
Note: This thread is 1131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hands up adjustments felt pretty darn good tonight, although the video i'm currently uploading only looks minimal, this is a good start.

I felt like I had soooooooooo much more time and club head speed, and also strangely my pivot felt much more stable.

Dan: Bad camera angle and there's an obstruction right where your right elbow goes on the top of your backswing. I think it's a little bit better though. Hard to say with the angle.

Picture 6.png

Try to keep your right arm straight on the backswing like Erik talked about.

Originally Posted by iacas

Maintaining pressure into your left foot during the backswing, I'd feel as if your right elbow never bends and that you do nothing but LIFT your hands as you turn your shoulders. You'll probably want to feel like Vijay or Jack for awhile. You don't want to actually swing like Vijay or Jack per se, but for awhile, you need to feel the exaggeration to get the hands to ascend. The right elbow will feel as if it's not moving around towards your shirt seam at all and is in fact moving away from your chest a little.

I'm looking forward to some face-on vids on grass later in the week where you are doing the hips forward drill. I noticed you're still hitting that push.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can't do much about camera angles, it's the best I can do there, I thought i'd upload just for a preview if anyone was interested.

One thing i'll be working on is keep the head still, I tilt it back and then forward with the downswing.

The ball flight and direction for me was 10 times better last night so i'll be working more on the various bits and getting out on the course this weekend I think under a bit of preassure.

Dan

Originally Posted by deason

Can't do much about camera angles, it's the best I can do there, I thought i'd upload just for a preview if anyone was interested.

One thing i'll be working on is keep the head still, I tilt it back and then forward with the downswing.

The ball flight and direction for me was 10 times better last night so i'll be working more on the various bits and getting out on the course this weekend I think under a bit of preassure.

Dan

I skimmed the video only, but I really like your first practice swing and the position you've paused in at the top of the backswing (first few seconds - before you step behind the railing). It looks like you adopt your normal swing right away though, which I assume is normal for anyone. I also like that thing you're working on just after the 3-minute mark with your hip slide to the left. Sounds like you have some things to work on insofar as "feelings" and drills are concerned. They may take a few sessions to get a speed though. Good luck!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Video is marked as private.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The camera is way too far to the right. Read this thread over why it's important to position the camera correctly.

You need to exaggerate the backswing stuff more. Feel like the right arm is staying straight the whole time on your backswing.

Also, two of your three priorities require a face-on view in order to check (hips forward, handle forward)

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

You need to exaggerate the backswing stuff more. Feel like the right arm is staying straight the whole time on your backswing.

Also, two of your three priorities require a face-on view in order to check  (hips forward, handle forward)

Agree, and I'd wager your left knee, left hip are moving too far the the right.  Going back to what Erik said about feeling pressure into your left foot.  Keep the left knee more centered, not turing it back.  Will help you stay more centered, hit the ball more solid and start getting the weight and hips more forward at impact/followthrough

Originally Posted by iacas

Maintaining pressure into your left foot during the backswing, I'd feel as if your right elbow never bends and that you do nothing but LIFT your hands as you turn your shoulders.

deason swing pic 1.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Guys, can't do much about filming in the range, it was merely a taster to show some feedback.

Main priorities this weekend will include;

1. Centered pivot
  2. Higher top of swing
  3. Hips
  4. Left foot to be angled slightly

I know my leg movement is poor but I can't work out why! I mean I work hard down the gym on stability, hell more than some "athletes" i've seen with stable lower bodies... :)

Guys, can't do much about filming in the range, it was merely a taster to show some feedback.

Main priorities this weekend will include;

Centered pivot

Higher top of swing

Hips

Left foot to be angled slightly

I know my leg movement is poor but I can't work out why! I mean I work hard down the gym on stability, hell more than some "athletes" i've seen with stable lower bodies... :)

Don't forget "handle forward" too.

Constantine

• Administrator

No smiley? Really? :)

One thing at a time man. Two if you try really hard, like "weight forward, hips forward" or something. Or "pressure left, hips slide."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

No smiley? Really? :)

One thing at a time man. Two if you try really hard, like "weight forward, hips forward" or something. Or "pressure left, hips slide."

Haha, I forgot to use my smilies I still want him to do the weight forward drill, which would eliminate thinking about his hips (both getting forward on the downswing and swaying back on the backswing) for now and would get him to feel what impact is supposed to feel like. At least in theory. But if you don't think that's the best course of action, then I yield.

But with the weight forward drill he can just work on a straighter right arm going back and palmar flexion coming down. It's very possible though that drill is too frustrating to learn by yourself, in which case I understand how much we have to slow the learning process down when helping someone through the internet.

Constantine

Thanks Sean, great words of encouragement :)

This video is a tad better...

Looks good. You're hitting some pulls at the start there then seem to find a groove. Not there yet (are any of us, really?) but it sure looks like you're not shying away from hard work. Ball flight on the good swings is pretty consistent, especially so considering all the things you're working on. Persinally I think that's pretty important since you're still playing rounds.

The following is purely guesswork based on where [I think] my shots would be missing with your plane and path.  With a very flat swing, ball position is even more important since the face travels on the target line (assuming you're not trying to work the ball like Bubba) for a shorter distance. Ballo too far ahead and you really have to reach for the ball and the tendency is to come across it.

The camera angle is what it is, but it's in real time at normal speed so there's a few things to see. The ball is really zipping out there on a few shots based on how long you're waiting for them to land, and your gaze seems to be pretty much straight away. Considering how many things you have on your to do list, that swing at ~2:55 is gold. Do more of that and you're laughing!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 1 year later...

I've been Playing Golf for: 3-4 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 13

My typical ball flight is: push/cut/slice/fade :)

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: high balloon cut

Im trying to keep more centered over the ball and more 40-50 to help get my weight shifted...im struggling to get the hips and tilt in though which is frustrating as it steepens everything.

Videos:

Note: This thread is 1131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!