IGNORED

My Swing (deason)

deason
Note: This thread is 1156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been a while. 

Interested to understand peoples view on my side bends. 

Getting the club off baseline at P5, working on this stuff over winter is like drilling in my head lol

• Administrator

It’s off baseline from 3-4 though first.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
7 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s off baseline from 3-4 though first.

Yeh, which is where I think is caused by my tilt motion? Am I going in to too much forward bend from P3 to P4?

Or am I chasing a position/look here in 2d that in 3d is different. 

Just reviewing some vids and right arm flexion goes up...maybe my feel is to pull right arm back at the moment. 

Edited by deason

• Administrator

No, it's totally about what your wrists and forearms are doing.

BTW you should trim your videos. And get face-on videos too. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
3 hours ago, deason said:

What do My Forearms and Wrists need to change to? Seems the more I over emphasise trying to get to baseline from P3> I get worse 😞

They twist around. Your right palm, for example, goes from a pretty good place pointing up and to the right to twisting around so it's pointing toward the camera too much. This points the butt of the club (BoC) way away from the baseline and/or parallel to the baseline.

01.jpg

Compare to this:

02.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I know this, but can't work out how to resolve it. 

I've tried everything tbh. 

Do I need to need to resist more with Left arm? Grip change? I'm fighting some dirty habits here so help appreciated.

Any training aids I could use? I've got a tour striker educator.?

8 minutes ago, deason said:

Do I need to need to resist more with Left arm? Grip change? I'm fighting some dirty habits here so help appreciated.

What I did, which takes a long time, is set up a camera at home and do hundreds of backswings  over the course of a few weeks until I found what it feels like (for me) to get my wrists and clubface in a better position.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, deason said:

Just do it in a mirror and see what it feels like.

Start there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working a lot of this....not easy for the untalented!

Anyone able to help with Flexion>Side Bend in BS? I am still heavily suffering from pulls/curvature on the ball flight

The thread below can help you with a centered hip turn.

Also, your phone can edit the parts of the video that don’t need to be in slow motion. So if you want to show your pre-shot, do that part in regular speed and only the actual swing in slow motion. It makes the file size smaller and easier for the viewer.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 year later...

Working on some changes during the UK lockdown. God I want it to end so badly.

Working on my P1 to P2 to get better at P4...challenging as I still am finding the shaft won't sit at the top in a decent enough position.

I've gone from interlock to overlap and strenghthed the grip as before I was so weak and rolled forearms too much. Has anyone had similar challenges trying to get the wrists at the top in a better position?

@deason you don’t need the embed link to embed videos. Just copy and paste the URL and it should do it automatically. Click paste as plain text if you have to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!