IGNORED

Tiger Woods is playing in the Safeway Open in October

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Light, less than stellar fields populated with a gang of guys from the Buy.com tour and other sub PGA tours. More of a chance to make the cut and play for 4 days. Heck, I never heard of the "Turkish Airlines" tourney before now

The Turkish Airline tourney is not that light a field at all. Last year won by Dubuisson. Rory 5th, Westwood, Willet, Lowry, Cabrera Bello, Fitzpatric, Pieters, Macdowell etc. in the field.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/9/2016 at 8:34 AM, newtogolf said:

Unless he's found a way to maintain distance without the excessive stress he places on his back and knees he'll have to focus more on his mid - short game if he wants to win.  

It's been said by a few around here, myself included, Tigs has plenty of distance without going all out. Watch him on the range and he just bombs it with that controlled, smooth, within himself range swing. He actually doesn't gain that much distance going crazy with that out of his shoes tourney swing. Seems like a mental thing, he can't just bring that range swing to the course. 

Colin P.

21 hours ago, iacas said:

Nobody misses his haters.

Nothing to miss, we're still here.  We just haven't had anything to talk about for so long you haven't noticed us!  :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Nothing to miss, we're still here.  We just haven't had anything to talk about for so long you haven't noticed us!  :-D

You missed the point of that reply.

I don't "worship" Tiger Woods, but his haters love to throw that out there as a means of discrediting anyone for being even mildly interested in arguably (quite easily) the greatest player of all time teeing it up again.

Despite the fact that the "haters" are likely even more interested…

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

You missed the point of that reply.

I don't "worship" Tiger Woods, but his haters love to throw that out there as a means of discrediting anyone for being even mildly interested in arguably (quite easily) the greatest player of all time teeing it up again.

Despite the fact that the "haters" are likely even more interested…

Its kinda like a lesser version of "the Howard Stern effect"

I like a couple golfers the most and I would say I have an equal amount that I don't like at all.  He is just in the middle for me.  I do not have a stake in the game like I do with watching Hockey.  When I watch golf, I just like to see good stories and good competition 

On 9/10/2016 at 6:42 PM, David in FL said:

I like Tiger, as do many others.  I wouldn't have even played this game if I hadn't grown up watching him play.  It was exciting to watch and really got me to want to check out golf.  You don't like Tiger, just like I don't like it when people add too much chipotle to a dish.  Move along.

16 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I like Tiger, as do many others.  I wouldn't have even played this game if I hadn't grown up watching him play.  It was exciting to watch and really got me to want to check out golf.  You don't like Tiger, just like I don't like it when people add too much chipotle to a dish.  Move along.

It's always entertaining....funny even.  People who understand and accept that others like/dislike other sports teams than they do, get so wrapped up and defensive when it comes to El Tigre.  

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

24 minutes ago, David in FL said:

It's always entertaining....funny even.  People who understand and accept that others like/dislike other sports teams than they do, get so wrapped up and defensive when it comes to El Tigre.  

It's not defensive or wrapped up.  It just happens to be the topic of conversation.  If you smack talk my Seahawks, I'll reply back to that too.  Yeah we got rid of a great O-line to get Jimmy Graham last year and now we can't even get the ball to him.  Hurts more now we are Beast Mode-less.  Again, it's just on topic conversation.  I don't have any personal stakes with Tiger as I'm not a sponsor or anything.  I'm just a fan who started hitting a golf ball because he was a great golfer and inspired me to play.  Has he committed great sins and spoiled a legendary career?  Sure.  He's still Tiger Woods.  Arguably the best golfer ever and certainly the most influential/transcendent golfer ever.

33 minutes ago, David in FL said:

ikr?

Ive never seen people so personally and emotionally invested in either defending or discrediting an athlete to the degree that they do with Tiger Woods. Its like his haters get offended when he makes a birdie or something, and his big time fans ignore all of faults as a competitor. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ncates00 said:

Has he committed great sins and spoiled a legendary career?  Sure.  He's still Tiger Woods. 

Jeez, I'm not a Tiger homer but even I wouldn't say he's spoiled his career.  Regardless his indiscretions, his career is and will forever remain legendary.  His injuries have had a far more significant impact on his overall place in the game than his behavior. 

Hate to think how you'd characterize a team or player you don't like.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

2 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

ikr?

Ive never seen people so personally and emotionally invested in either defending or discrediting an athlete to the degree that they do with Tiger Woods. Its like his haters get offended when he makes a birdie or something, and his big time fans ignore all of faults as a competitor. 

You must not talk to Steeler fans much. :-P

• Upvote 1

- Shane

On 10 September 2016 at 5:12 PM, MacDutch said:

The Turkish Airline tourney is not that light a field at all. Last year won by Dubuisson. Rory 5th, Westwood, Willet, Lowry, Cabrera Bello, Fitzpatric, Pieters, Macdowell etc. in the field.

Maybe all this noise about his return is just a smokescreen to get up close to the European Ryder Cup team!

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

17 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Jeez, I'm not a Tiger homer but even I wouldn't say he's spoiled his career.  Regardless his indiscretions, his career is and will forever remain legendary.  His injuries have had a far more significant impact on his overall place in the game than his behavior. 

Hate to think how you'd characterize a team or player you don't like.

Yeah his career is legendary for sure.  I'm just saying he could have been the undisputed GOAT without the injuries and swing changes (his personal sins are exactly that-personal).  I wasn't clear on that point, sorry. 

I dont hate him as much as I hate the way the analysts are all up his butt and nobody else matters. Golf is bigger than Tiger ever will be.Golf has been around long before him and will be after. Its sad that it takes Tiger Woods to get someone to play the game. Maybe its because I started playing long before Tiger showed up. Love the game not the player. Maybe its the media that caused me to dislike him.

28 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

I dont hate him as much as I hate the way the analysts are all up his butt and nobody else matters. Golf is bigger than Tiger ever will be.Golf has been around long before him and will be after. Its sad that it takes Tiger Woods to get someone to play the game. Maybe its because I started playing long before Tiger showed up. Love the game not the player. Maybe its the media that caused me to dislike him.

The media has a habit of doing that with a lot of things. Think of songs you first liked then started to loathe because they are overplayed. I find that journalism, especially in sports, does the same thing. I just tune it out now. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!