Jump to content
IGNORED

9 handicap heckles 2 time PGA Tour winner on Twitter, gets called out, simpers away


Note: This thread is 1775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

The whole thread is in the article below, I'd embed the tweets, but delusional high schooler has since protected his tweets. It starts with him saying he could beat Steven Bowditch, winner of two events, by 5 or something like that. Bowditch challenges him to put his money where his mouth is and the rest is kind of anticlimactic, but some ams lucked out and got to play with Bowditch. De. Lu. Sion. Al.

http://golfweek.com/quick_shot/steven-bowditch-take-down-twitter-troll-criticism/

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's pretty stinking awesome! I live in Dallas as well, maybe I should hit him up for a round? Heck if I'd known about this then I would have definitely headed out to Tour 18 around 2pm just see what happened. Dang! Coulda been one of the 3 maybe that got to play with him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You're in Dallas? :~( Ummm, sure I can play you. :cry: Sorry. I can't play you. I'm grounded. 

Maybe I should call out some of the pros down here. I may not be on tour or even a single digit, but I think I could take them. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

The whole thread is in the article below, I'd embed the tweets, but delusional high schooler has since protected his tweets. It starts with him saying he could beat Steven Bowditch, winner of two events, by 5 or something like that. Bowditch challenges him to put his money where his mouth is and the rest is kind of anticlimactic, but some ams lucked out and got to play with Bowditch. De. Lu. Sion. Al.

http://golfweek.com/quick_shot/steven-bowditch-take-down-twitter-troll-criticism/

I met Steven Bowditch a year ago. Nice guy and super talented. The 320 yard range was not long enough for him. 

There are a number of reasons a pro can struggle. Injury is number one and they don't often tell the press about it. Golf is hard and being just a little off can be a huge challenge on Tour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Maybe I should call out some of the pros down here. I may not be on tour or even a single digit, but I think I could take them. 

Me too!  I'll be your partner and we can play those PGA bozo's for $100 a hole.  Easy money!!  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Me too!  I'll be your partner and we can play those PGA bozo's for $100 a hole.  Easy money!!  

I know, right. If they haven't been winning on tour recently, they're easy pickins. I'll run up my credit card now and can pay it off with the winnings. 

We are talking putt putt, right? :8)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Twitter has it's uses, but it's a terrible platform because it allows people to be anonymous.   It just encourages miserable or hateful people to troll.   A golf writer is a member at my club and he feels the same way.  When someone is anonymous they just are hateful.   If someone disagrees with him he gets horrible things thrown his way.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:15 AM, gregsandiego said:

Bowditch has 7834 followers.

 

https://twitter.com/bowdo83

 

So who else hiere is one of  the other 7,833 followers?
I started following Bowditch after NLU retweeted some of his stuff. He has a very self-depreciating sense of humor, and is fun to follow as he interacts well in the twittersphere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

So who else hiere is one of  the other 7,833 followers?
I started following Bowditch after NLU retweeted some of his stuff. He has a very self-depreciating sense of humor, and is fun to follow as he interacts well in the twittersphere.

This story got some traction apparently. He is up to 8060. I follow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can beat any tour pro easily.  I will gladly prove it anytime . .10 bucks a hole. 

 

edit . .note to low cappers, teaching pros, etc . .I can only beat tour pros.  Especially famous ones.

Edited by Rainmaker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 1775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. amgolfer
      amgolfer
      (37 years old)
    2. At least 7 handi-andy
      At least 7 handi-andy
      (30 years old)
    3. MSDOGS1976
      MSDOGS1976
      (67 years old)
    4. Rob Lane
      Rob Lane
      (62 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...