IGNORED

Why do Hillary and Obama want more refugees?

StefanUrkel
Note:Β This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I actually ended up on a homeland security watch list. I was married to a foreign national (long story, short time), and engaged to another later. Now just about every time I enter Mexico, they detain me upon return without explanation. I would hazard a guess, it is because I "sponsored" two different ones through the visa process in addition to my first wife who came with me from Italy in 1965.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,Β  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge:Β ExoticsΒ EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge:Β Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Β shaft, /Β Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge:Β Exotics EXi 6 -PWΒ  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:Β  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 14ledo81 said:

Β 

So you would like to see the properly vetted if they wanted to enter Canada?

We are already doing that, but I don't believe there is a 100% fool proof vetting process, unless you believe in clairvoyants.Β 

In anycase, as @boogieliciousΒ has already pointed out, the vast (and it's not even particularly close) amount of terrorism committed in both our countries isΒ not attributable to refugees.Β 

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

3 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

We are already doing that, but I don't believe there is a 100% fool proof vetting process, unless you believe in clairvoyants.Β 

In anycase, as @boogieliciousΒ has already pointed out, the vast (and it's not even particularly close) amount of terrorism committed in both our countries isΒ not attributable to refugees.Β 

Β 

I agree. Β Thats partially because of numbers though. Β There are currently much more people here already than refugees that want to come.

Β I also think just because there is some mice in the barn already, we still don't leave the door open.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

23 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Β 

I agree. Β Thats partially because of numbers though. Β There are currently much more people here already than refugees that want to come.

Β I also think just because there is some mice in the barn already, we still don't leave the door open.

Especially given the fact that the 2 events that occurred this past weekend were perpetrated by refugees, as near as I can tell. Β And I had to do some digging to find this out because there is so much secrecy around our refugee program.

The NJ guy came from Afghanistan and it appears his old man was granted asylum 15 years ago.

The MN guy is Somalian and around 95% of them are resettled refugees.

So, I'm not 100% on either but good chance on both.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Β 

20 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Especially given the fact that the 2 events that occurred this past weekend were perpetrated by refugees, as near as I can tell. Β And I had to do some digging to find this out because there is so much secrecy around our refugee program.

The NJ guy came from Afghanistan and it appears his old man was granted asylum 15 years ago.

2 events out of how many? Reminds me of:

guns-shooting-vs-shoe-terrorist-john-oli

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Β 

15 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Β 

2 events out of how many? Reminds me of:

guns-shooting-vs-shoe-terrorist-john-oli

Multiple pressure cooker and pipe bombs, numerous knife attacks, let's ban pressure cookers, pipes and knives too using John Oliver logic. Β  Numerous dead from drunk driving, lets ban cars and alcohol (wait, we tried that and it didn't go so well). Β 

Joe Paradiso

36 minutes ago, Gunther said:

If by "digging" you mean "googling" and looking at any of the first several returns, and if by "refugee" you mean that he came here 21 years ago as a 7 year old and has been an American citizen for 5 or so years, then I guess I'll have to agree with you.

38 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Β 

Multiple pressure cooker and pipe bombs, numerous knife attacks, let's ban pressure cookers, pipes and knives too using John Oliver logic. Β  Numerous dead from drunk driving, lets ban cars and alcohol (wait, we tried that and it didn't go so well). Β 

Gonna have to stop you here on this one. Β That is very sketchy logic you are applying by equating "no change in regulations" with "let's ban!" Β Those aren't remotely the same thing.

Shoes weren't banned on airplanes.

10 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Gonna have to stop you here on this one. Β That is very sketchy logic you are applying by equating "no change in regulations" with "let's ban!" Β Those aren't remotely the same thing.

Shoes weren't banned on airplanes.

And in many mass shooting incidentsΒ the existing laws weren't followed properly or the guns were used or acquired illegally.

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

And in many mass shooting incidentsΒ the existing laws weren't followed properly or the guns were used or acquired illegally.

But the attempt to put a bomb in a shoe and blow up an airplane was following existing laws and the bomb was acquired legally?

See what I mean? Β You are mistaken in thinking that Oliver's analogy is wrong or bad. Β You don't have to agree with his conclusion that gun control is needed, but that's an entirely different topic. Β The analogy is sound.

20 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

But the attempt to put a bomb in a shoe and blow up an airplane was following existing laws and the bomb was acquired legally?

See what I mean? Β You are mistaken in thinking that Oliver's analogy is wrong or bad. Β You don't have to agree with his conclusion that gun control is needed, but that's an entirely different topic. Β The analogy is sound.

The government completely over reacted with the shoe checks. Β It was a feel good measure to make people feel saferΒ about air travel. Β Today for some money you can opt out of taking your shoes off, I guess they figure terrorists can't afford the added expense. Β 

What would the government do if a terrorist had bombs inserted surgically into their abdomen or prosthetic body parts, would we make every war veteran detach their artificial limbs and put them through x-ray?

Let's not use bad laws or policies as the basis for making new laws or policies. Β 

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

The government completely over reacted with the shoe checks. Β It was a feed good measure to make people feel saferΒ about air travel. Β Today for some money you can opt out of taking your shoes off, I guess they figure terrorists can't afford the added expense. Β 

What would the government do if a terrorist had bombs inserted surgically into their abdomen or prosthetic body parts, would we make every war veteran detach their artificial limbs and put them through x-ray?

Let's not use bad laws or policies as the basis for making new laws or policies. Β 

Now that would have made a really good originalΒ response to @Elmer's post.Β :beer:

(They also stopped making kids and old people take off their shoes at many airports)

6 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Now that would have made a really good originalΒ response to @Elmer's post.Β :beer:

(They also stopped making kids and old people take off their shoes at many airports)

I'm a little slow today..Β :beer:

Joe Paradiso

3 hours ago, Gunther said:

Ah, yes, The Gunthman's famous super-secret sources of highly reliable super-secret data. Really dude? Even after all these years I can never be quite sure if you're for real or just a modern day Andy Kaufman Β 

Huh? I'm lost, who came from Afghanistan? The NJ guy or his dad?Β 

The majority of domestic terrorism in both our countries are committed by psychotic white dudes and around 100% of them are psychotic white dudes.

So, I'm not 100% on either.

Let's not let that get in the way of good 'ole fashion witch hunt!

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

11 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

The majority of domestic terrorism in both our countries are committed by psychotic white dudes and around 100% of them are psychotic white dudes.

Mmm. Could you please cite a source for this? Β Based on my admittedly limited research on the topic, less than 10% of deaths attributed to terrorism in the US since 1995 were perpetrated by "psychotic white dudes." Β And, right around 0% of the 1,000Β openΒ domestic FBI ISISΒ investigationsΒ involveΒ psychotic white dudes.

I'm not including Canada in my numbers so it could be that there are lots of that kind of thing happening there, but I'd sure like to see the data on it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

So refugees are terrorists looking to blow us up

But a white guy trying to blow us up is not a "terrorist", but a "confused loner" or "sick in the head"?
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-man-arrested-in-plot-to-blow-up-building-9231983.php

Is anyone going to call for vetting our own people?
Or are we Ok with bombsΒ as long as we are not outsourcing the terror?Β 

houston-bomber.png?w=370&h=204&crop=1

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

8 minutes ago, Elmer said:

So refugees are all terrorists looking to blow us up

Β 

Β 

Can you show me where anyone has argued this point?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note:Β This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!