IGNORED

Why do Hillary and Obama want more refugees?

StefanUrkel
Note: This thread is 2772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Agree.

I try so hard to stay out of these discussions and I'm not getting into this one.  I do want to point out the huge discrepancy in how violent acts are categorized as well.  If a Muslim commits a crime of passion he is a terrorist, if someone else does it he's deranged.  

Let's look at it from a world view for a second, a UN convoy was bombed the other day by fighter jets (the US says it has evidence it is Russian jets) and no one blinks an eye or would even consider this an act of terrorism, not sure why.  In fact, even after the UN started making calls to all the parties to stop bombing their convey the bombing continued for a couple more hours.  

Omar Mateen, a dirtbag wife beater alcoholic druggie.. Yeah, you guessed it, a terrorist act instead of a mentally deranged act of someone who was emotionally unstable looking to fit in.

The problem I have with "Terrorism" is that not even the experts agree as to what is an act terrorism.. Other than it is one if a Muslim is envolved.  Heck, I'd like to find the last time an incident involving a Muslim wasn't called a terrorist act.  

Thus, the statement.. Hey not all Muslims are terrorist, but most terror acts are committed by Muslims.

Absolutely concur. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to upset people here. Just relating a couple of statistical observations.

A previous post ascribed 14 acts of terrorism as committed by Muslims and 37 acts by whites (presumably not Muslims). If Muslims are 1% of the U.S. population, as a quick internet search would suggest, and were equally likely to commit such acts, Muslims would have had .51 acts out of 51.

Really, white, black, Muslim or otherwise, the likelihood of any one of the 318.9 million people living in the United States committing one of these acts is so statistically insignificant as to be laughable. 

We've gotten to the point where very isolated incidents are so overblown they warp our entire perspective of the world. 

14 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

We've gotten to the point where very isolated incidents are so overblown they warp our entire perspective of the world. 

Spoiler

I agree. Sure, I could be in the wrong place at the wrong time and become a victim of violence. I could make a wrong turn in Detroit get beat to death because I'm white. Or maybe look at some drunk redneck the wrong way as he's exiting the Bucksnort Saloon. But it's more likely I'll drive underneath a jackknifed semi on a icy road one winter.

I work with so many people who worry about a disgruntled employee coming in and shooting up the workplace. Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? No.

One thing is very likely... sooner or later someone in this country will act and take as many lives as possible because of some political, religious or racial hatred (and yes, they will at the same time be deranged). It will be tragic. People will argue on forums and at family get togethers about why they did it, or how we could have stopped them, or which president, party or law is to blame. They'll scour the internet to reference statistics supporting their view while ignoring that which does not. Michael Moore will make another really, really bad movie.

We can't fix the fact that people are going to commit heinous crimes against others.

Jon

2 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

Edit: by "correct" I meant in describing how some people feel towards Muslims.

Facts are facts Jon.  Doesn't do anyone good to ***** foot around.  You were correct before this paragraph.  

One of the reasons I'm now all-in for Trump.  No other Republican politician would face the world with such truth and I firmly believe we've all been deceived for too long.

(Take it easy on me @Ernest Jones, lol)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Curious as to why we don't feel the same way about the IRA? There are no Irish refugee per se, but they certainly have and seemingly are still performing terrorist acts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Real_Irish_Republican_Army_actions

Pretty sure I covered this when extrapolating worldwide terror deaths vs. that committed by the white man since 1995.  Confident IRA is mostly white, as was McVeigh.  Still leaves us in the 1% realm.

This argument cannot be thrown aside by moral equivocation Boog.  The jihad wants to kill you and @Abu3baid, we must rid ourselves of this scourge.

Only then will your platitudes be something to explore.  No one will be more willing than me when the time comes.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator

What's the point of this thread, again?

No worries. It's run whatever course it was going to run.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas locked this topic
Note: This thread is 2772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!