IGNORED

Are there any golf courses that really hate you ?

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

Plantation golf club in frisco!!! The courses water hazards tend to kick my @!! All over the place. Ive shot so many 91s and such there it's ridiculous!! 91 is a good score for me but most days I play plantation, I limit the damage and put together some great holes. But its never enough to break 90, which several golfers OTHER than myself say I should do regularly on this course. I usually just accept the fact that I kind of suck and that means I just dont deserve to break 90 most days

I know this course well, in fact my buddy used to be head pro out there 20 years ago, or so. 

Short track but water prevents the use of driver or even 3W on 5 or 6 holes, guaranteeing pretty long approach shots.  Some holes require a 6 or 7I lay up from the tee.  It's a bit tricked up, but I enjoy it and have lit it up a few times.  It's bitten me a few times too.  

Biggest problem there is that it plays very, very slow on the weekends, owing to its layout so I don't get out there much.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm starting to think my home course hates me.

Out of my last 20 scores for HDCP, eight of 10 lowest used for index came for away courses I only played once or twice.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Yes, now I know what happend. There is this course in the Netherlands, its called the Goyer and it should be an easy course for me. But I don't get members bounces there, I loose balls in the water, in the trees, balls got stuck in the large waste. Played there twice and made both times a 103 (as a single digit player). Course must hate me........

Or love me? Have to go back there.

Silver Springs Shores Country Clubi in Ocala. I love that course especially the final hole, a 530yd par 5 with two shots over the water but the back 9 eats my lunch every single time I play it. The final hole especially lol.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Not courses, per se, but there are particular holes on courses that simply OWN me.  :pound:

dave

Edited by dave s

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Crystal Springs, Hamburg, NJ ... I swear, next time I play that course, I'd do better with a hybrid, 6 iron, PW and putter.    Seriously ... it so tight with woods on both sides - most unforgiving course I've ever played.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

There is a course about a half hour from our family cottage, it is where my Grandfather taught me how to play. It is just a 9 hole course, right on the ocean but off the path a bit that most don't know about it. It is a very easy course and layout, no bunkers, and no real water in play unless you fly the green by 80 yards which would put you in the ocean. The greens are a nice size and usually not too slow or fast, no real difficulty to them. I usually shoot mid to low 70's on average at my home course which is much more difficult but every summer I go play a round and shoot in the mid 80's, I have yet to shoot in the 30's on 9 which I usually always do at my home course. I know it's mental but the course just has my number for whatever reason, still one of my favorites to play!

I play Aronimink at least once a year, usually in a charity outing, and it wouldn't bother me if I never played it again. It is very long and, IMO, boring, one long similar par 4 after another. And I always feel like I am playing uphill. Even when I am hitting my woods and long irons well, the course eventually breaks me down and I end up in a puddle of frustration.

Bill M

The course that truly hates me is Highland Hills Golf Course in Greely. The singular time I was set to have a good (sub-75) round there I came up to my second to last hole for the day, which was the Par 3 tenth. Lasered the distance to the front pin, took my 9 iron, made solid contact, and watched the ball hit a branch that was shading the teebox and bounce back behind me into the rough. 

Then there's all the other holes. I seem to have a knack for finding trees on that course more than any other. I think my best round to this day at that course is still something like a 78. I have played tighter courses with more trees (Flatirons, Fox Hill, Sunset...) than this one, but on none of those courses have I ever had the troubles that this course has given me.

I have two courses in my area that I will not play.  I don't care to name them.  Mostly I hate the two courses for layout of a few holes that just aren't my idea of fun to play.  For example, one has a hole where you tee off and in another month, you will be able to look to the left through the trees and see the green.  You drive out and then come right back.  If it were a clock, you hit from 12:30 to 12 and then come back to 1:40.  The home course rule states that there are white poles and that you can not go over the area between those poles to cut the corner over the top.  On the same course is one more of those holes but you hit back at maybe 1:43.  IOWs it is less than a 45 degree angle from the tee shot. 

The other one has more than a couple of holes in the dense woods where the approach to the green is so narrow that decent iron shots end up in the woods and you don't dare go for a green ever due to the increased angles of the woods.  I'm all for risk and rewards on a course but, imo, that course is unfair.  This past summer, I passed up a chance to play it for free.  I have heard that they have cleared some of the areas out.  I haven't played that course in 8 or 10 years now. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

Not sure entire courses hate me but the 10th and 11th holes at my home course hate me.  10 is a 470 yards par 4 that has a water hazard running along the left and the driving range on the right.  The tee box is inset to the left looks almost straight into the water hazard.  It just never sets up right to my eye and I focus so much on not hitting it straight or fading it into the water hazard I usually pull hook it into the tree or driving range.  At 470 yards, reaching the green in two shots is a challenge so any mishit off the tee is a guaranteed bogey or worse.  

11 is a 200 yard par 3 with trees and OB on both sides of the fairway.  The tee box is aligned left of the center of the fairway so as a lefty I have to draw the ball to ensure I don't end up OB on the left.  A huge and deep sand trap protects the green from the center of the green to the left of the green.  To the right of the green are trees and hard dead pan.  The best miss is short of the bunker with the hope you can chip up close and one putt.  This is another hole where I play it with expectations of a bogey 

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!