Sign in to follow this  
Bahlahkay

3 months of golf and not sure what to improve on

Note: This thread is 1060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 posts / 805 viewsLast Reply

So I just played my round best yesterday and only lost 2 golf balls! Which is really good for me because the course I live on has so much water and narrow fairways. The first time I went I lost a 24 pack of laddies.... so this made me happy in the wallet to say the least haha.

anyhow I'm not sure where I should spend more time practicing so I wrote down my score into 3 different sections 

shots to get to pitching or chipping distance.

pitching and chipping.

putts.

my score was a 100 with a 45 on the front and a 55 on the back... (I smoked on the back and I blame the 10 extra strokes because of this.) 

shots to chipping and pitching: 18 F 22B

pitching and chipping: 9F 8B

putts: 18 F 22 B

Penalties: 0F 2B

so in my opinion I think my distance with my long game is there I just need to work on my accuracy to lower my chips and pitches.

my pitching chipping and putting all go together because I've already used my GiR so my first chip or pitch is actually counting as my first putt (if I'm going for scratch golf.

my putting is horrendous because of the amount of pitching and chipping I had there should be no reason for any 3 putts at all. The only time I should 3 putt is if I hit an iron to the green.

tell me what u guys think

Edited by Bahlahkay

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

1 hour ago, Bahlahkay said:

So I just played my round best yesterday and only lost 2 golf balls! Which is really good for me because the course I live on has so much water and narrow fairways. The first time I went I lost a 24 pack of laddies.... so this made me happy in the wallet to say the least haha.

anyhow I'm not sure where I should spend more time practicing so I wrote down my score into 3 different sections 

shots to get to pitching or chipping distance.

pitching and chipping.

putts.

my score was a 100 with a 45 on the front and a 55 on the back... (I smoked on the back and I blame the 10 extra strokes because of this.) 

shots to chipping and pitching: 18 F 22B

pitching and chipping: 9F 8B

putts: 18 F 22 B

Penalties: 0F 2B

so in my opinion I think my distance with my long game is there I just need to work on my accuracy to lower my chips and pitches.

my pitching chipping and putting all go together because I've already used my GiR so my first chip or pitch is actually counting as my first putt (if I'm going for scratch golf.

my putting is horrendous because of the amount of pitching and chipping I had there should be no reason for any 3 putts at all. The only time I should 3 putt is if I hit an iron to the green.

tell me what u guys think

Welcome to The Sand Trap. There is a lot of good advice you can get here. But I would recommend reading the book Lowest Score Wins. It identifies what the most important things you need to work on are and shows you how to work on that. In addition, it discusses how to shoot lower scores while you are making improvement through practice.

I've read dozens of golf books and this is one of the best.

http://lowestscorewins.com/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After 3 months, the answer is you need to improve on everything. I have been playing only a a year, my handicap is 21, and there isn't an element of my game that doesn't need loads of improvement. Here are a few tips

1) Take some lessons

2) RELAX and enjoy the game, and don't forget that it is JUST a game

3) Keep your eye on the ball

4) Control your back swing

5) Don't try and hit the ball to hard. Everyone knows it, but doing it is easier said than done

6) Follow through on all your shots

7) Tempo not not speed

8) Find a ball that you like and stick to it. Some people say it doesn't matter, but I disagree. The Bridgestone e6 is a great ball, and not expensive. 

9) Good putting will cut you more shots than any other part of the game, so practice it, and then practice some more. 

I am sure other people will give you loads more tips

Note: This thread is 1060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!