Sign in to follow this  
iacas

GAME GOLF Live now on sale! Worldwide!

59 posts / 7233 viewsLast Reply

GAME GOLF Live is now just $199 worldwide!

bs230-a3207925-ea19-4eb3-abbf-ff39bf4e5f10-v2.jpeg

The Sand Trap's 2016 Partner GAME GOLF has just announced a worldwide* price reduction to $199. Now's a great time to pick up a GAME GOLF Live device, even if you don't always use the Live features, the Live offers a better GPS with longer battery life.

* Worldwide currency fluctuations may result in prices that vary slightly from $199 USD, but they'll be close. And this is my language, not GG's. :-)

Remember, too, to post in our prediction contest in the next day or two!

Thanks!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I hope to win the Ryder Cup competition. :banana:

But that's an autographed GAME GOLF. You wouldn't want to take that out onto the golf course.

Serious question....how does this app differ from the many others out there?   I currently use golfshot that I purchased for $30 back in 2012 and I have had zero issues with the stat tracking, gps, and the wide variety of courses that the app offers.   What is the value for a price tag of $199 usd?

8 hours ago, elementz said:

Serious question....how does this app differ from the many others out there?   I currently use golfshot that I purchased for $30 back in 2012 and I have had zero issues with the stat tracking, gps, and the wide variety of courses that the app offers.   What is the value for a price tag of $199 usd?

For one thing… it's automatic. Tap, tag, done.

The CEO and the CFO of the house are in negotiations; the CEO can insist but the CFO is always quick to bring up opportunity costs. 

In the end I look forward to the tap, tag and swing.

mahalo,

will

On 9/28/2016 at 0:23 PM, elementz said:

@elementz: I also use Golfshot.  I use it on the course as I'm playing and for keeping my score (I've had it longer than I've had GameGolf, with more rounds on it, so I keep using it), and I like it. For stats, it does one thing better than GG (that I've found): It separates putts/GIR from overall putts/hole.

But for overall game and club information, I think GG does better.  As examples (from my GG info):

You can see how you do with a particular club:

7iron.png

You can see how you do from a distance (by grouped distances range; in this example, 125-150 yards):

approach distanc.png

You can see how you do compared with others of various handicaps.  Here, vs 20 handicappers:

Strokesgained20.png

Here, vs 15 handicappers:

strokesgained15.png 

And you can adjust these to look at the last round only, last 3 rounds, 5, 10, etc.  Or just specific rounds (selected individually--one or multiple rounds).  You can look at club performance (distances) for each club in your bag--overall, sorted by lie types (tee, fairway, bunker, other), and sorted by which rounds to include.

In summary, it gives a lot more information.  I think it's worth looking at.  What I did was download the app to my phone, sign up for a (free) account, and I used it for a couple rounds at my local executive course.  Using the free app alone took a bit more work than using Golfshot (that's why I used it at a short course when I had time to mess around with it), but when I saw the type of information it would give (as above), I decided to go with it.  If you do it this way, be aware that using the belt unit with the club tags is much easier than using the smartphone app alone--I hardly even notice it as I play a round.  But it will give you an idea as to whether you think the paid unit will be worth the cost to you.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit:  If there's a course that isn't already in their database, they can add it.  Or if it isn't mapped correctly, they can edit it, often within just a couple of days (after you've played your round--the data's not lost).  Their customer service folks are very responsive.

Edited by Missouri Swede

I have a promo code for 50% off (technically for family and friends, so you would have declare yourself my friend :-)) that should be good until 12/31. This was part of the prize package in the drawing that took me to the PGA.

Mahalo TST, Erik, and game golf. CEO made a value based argument, and the CFO acquiesced. The goods ship next week. 

iSank

On 10/1/2016 at 3:00 AM, iSank said:

Mahalo TST, Erik, and game golf. CEO made a value based argument, and the CFO acquiesced. The goods ship next week.

Cool.

Make sure you add your GAME GOLF profile name to your profile here.

Done, and I really enjoy the device. I've played 3 games this past week, am starting to see some trends. 

Good stuff!

15 minutes ago, Kloeshuman said:

I just ordered mine from amazon, only paid $116 with tax and free shipping. I won't get to use it until next season but that's ok

Yes I have seen the $109 price in the sidebar here a few times.-Something is awry I think.

Can you export your data from GAME GOLF-anyone?