IGNORED

Northern climate golfers, how many more rounds do you think you'll get in?

cutchemist42
Note: This thread is 2686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many more rounds in 2016?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How many more rounds will you play in 2016?

• None, I'm done.
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21+

NY forecast for mid October a couple of days in the 80s, so a couple more than usual.

image.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
On 07/10/2016 at 5:00 PM, DannyMac said:

@cutchemist42 I'm in Winnipeg as well.  Course closes Oct 17th (tentatively), so I'm optimistic for a few more rounds.  Going to try and play Saturday, Sunday, Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving).

Yeah I was super busy over that weekend but golfed once on Monday. I then had the week off and played a really chilly round Wed at Kingswood, and then played a very nice afternoon round Thurs at Tuxedo.

Went to a wedding in Sask and found out when we got there the hotel and local course across the street allowed people staying there to play the course for free. I easily could have played a round early Sat, ah well...

Edited by cutchemist42

1 hour ago, cutchemist42 said:

Yeah I was super busy over that weekend but golfed once on Monday. I then had the week off and played a really chilly round Wed at Kingswood, and then played a very nice afternoon round Thurs at Tuxedo.

Went to a wedding in Sask and found out when we got there the hotel and local course across the street allowed people staying there to play the course for free. I easily could have played a round early Sat, ah well...

I got my last round of the year in on Saturday, it was gorgeous outside.  But my club is beginning to aerate the course, so they've shut it down for the year after Sunday.  It's only heated driving ranges and golf simulators for me until I head to Palm Springs in February.  Can't wait until next golf season!

• Upvote 1

Its dark at 6:30 PM  now - the after work 9 holes is about done for the year.   Hopefully get out a dozen or more times before years end ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Played 18 yesterday and today.   Beautiful weather.   The immediate forecast isn't so kind though.   I'm not finished.   I think next week will wield a day or two with warmer clothes. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 10/7/2016 at 10:35 AM, cutchemist42 said:

I have friends who put away the clubs as early as August here in Winnipeg but Im still trying to squeeze as much golf in as possible in October before the snow. Im still planning to go out tomorrow with an expected temp of -2 C (28 F) I cant fit in any rounds after work now, because of the sunset so its only weekends now. I got the next week off to travel for a wedding, so I have Mon/Tues/Wed for possible day rounds.

Latest round last year was Oct25th, but I dont think Winnipeg will be as nice this year so Im thinking this might be my 2nd last weekend.

What about you guys?

I've had years here in Colorado when I've played all year, others when we couldn't play because of snow on the ground from November until March.  No way to predict it.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

My season pass ends October 31 so however many rounds I can play before then.  I can use it to get a discounted rate between the 31st and whenever it starts snowing but it would have to be an exceptionally nice day for me to do that since I've mostly had my fill for the year.

• 1 month later...

Winnipeg actually stayed warmed a lot longer than most thought. No courses were open the past weekend but you could still golf in reasonable weather up to Nov 12th. I golfed the weekend before the 12th surprisingly in shorts. (Handicap season ends Oct 31st here in Manitoba I believe) 

Was still able to do some pitch shots in a field by my place on the past weekend but Winnipeg finally got the first snow today.

It was a fun 2nd year, I learn a lot on these boards!

Edited by cutchemist42

Just got a like 18 inches of snow Sunday/Monday so I think its pretty much over here in central NY but who knows we could get a little warm weather between now and the end of the year. It was 70 on Saturday.

Edited by JxQx
  • Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure we're done here in Northern Michigan. The snow that fell a couple days ago is melting today, but they're forecasting more on the way.

Jon

I think we're done here in Eastern Ontario. We had a great round on Saturday, a little cool but a nice day. Then a two-day snowstorm started Sunday, and it's a winter wonderland now. My quest to break 90 stalls out at 91. Oh, well, it looks like a possible early start to the ski season. So that's something.

13 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

If the dumb Weather Channel site is correct (which is often not the case), we'll have mid 40s and only a sprinkle tomorrow morning. Sounds like some holiday golf to me.

Jealous here!  I would like to play some Turkey Golf!  30 - 40 here for the weekend and maybe some rain.  Hope they are wrong.  I stopped using the WC and go with my local channel as they are more accurate with the weather. ( Plus they have cute weather girls!)

Hit em long and straight for all of us that can't play!  :beer:

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

12 minutes ago, Vinny Cap said:

Jealous here!  I would like to play some Turkey Golf!  30 - 40 here for the weekend and maybe some rain.  Hope they are wrong.  I stopped using the WC and go with my local channel as they are more accurate with the weather. ( Plus they have cute weather girls!)

Hit em long and straight for all of us that can't play!  :beer:

Normally, I go with my local channel as well. This morning they just banged on about how a drop of rain might freeze out in the countryside (a wintery mix) and said nothing at all about tomorrow's weather.

Both Long and straight is a tall order, but I'll do my best.

9 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Normally, I go with my local channel as well. This morning they just banged on about how a drop of rain might freeze out in the countryside (a wintery mix) and said nothing at all about tomorrow's weather.

Both Long and straight is a tall order, but I'll do my best.

They like to scare you into thinking you will be stuck inside forever... a little freezing rain paralyzes the country side!!!  Gotta run to the store for 3 gallons of milk and 3 loafs of bread!!!!  Too funny.

Sorry for the tall order... this should be better - Have fun and throw down a 59! :whistle:

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Note: This thread is 2686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!