IGNORED

Northern climate golfers, how many more rounds do you think you'll get in?

cutchemist42
Note: This thread is 2690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many more rounds in 2016?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How many more rounds will you play in 2016?

• None, I'm done.
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21+

We may be done. The weather looks iffy here for the next week or so.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Doubtful we will get any more rounds in this season. Golf season starts here in late April although I am hoping to take lessons this winter.

My last round was 3 weeks ago.

Weathermen say we'll have a few warmer weeks between now and spring. If it's above 50* and sunny, I may go out.

Mainly I want to work on my new wedges, try them out in different shot situations. Some on-course ventures may just be short-game practice.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

6 hours ago, MSchott said:

Doubtful we will get any more rounds in this season. ...My last round was 3 weeks ago.

Whaaaaaat??  ;-)

I have played 7.5 rounds since 11/6/2016, including 27 holes today (walking).Someone put their bag in the basement too soon!

Brian Kuehn

6 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Whaaaaaat??  ;-)

I have played 7.5 rounds since 11/6/2016, including 27 holes today (walking).Someone put their bag in the basement too soon!

Just north of you, we had 40º and rain all day (11/25).  Glad you were able to play.    I've finished playing outside for the winter but I've played 7 times in November.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

22 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Whaaaaaat??  ;-)

16 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Just north of you, we had 40º and rain all day (11/25).  Glad you were able to play.    I've finished playing outside for the winter but I've played 7 times in November.

Was 34° when I got to the course and warmed up to a toasty 37° but the time I finished walking 18 today. When I called the resort they told me the course was closed. I asked them why, and was told the golf carts and flags had all been put away for the winter. Told them I was walking and didn't care about the pins, so they let me play.

It's rifle season (deer) up here right now and was concerned about all the overzealous yahoos in the state land surrounding the course, so I wore some blaze orange. By about the 12th hole, I started wondering if a stray bullet would be less painful than the level of golf I was playing. I'd probably welcome the relief that death might bring.

In all seriousness, there are some advantages to playing this time of the year....

Hole7.jpg

As beautiful as the scenery was today, the empty fairways were better.

I even took video of a bald eagle flying over the last hole. A thought soon crossed my mind... Is this a sign? How cool would that be! On the last hole, of the last round of 2016, maybe I'll shoot my first...

...then I pulled my tee shot into the creek (sigh).

Well, there's always next year... C'MON SPRING!!

• Upvote 4

Jon

I played today 11/29, in very nice, although windy conditions.    The temperatures were near 60º and we saw a sliver of sunshine.   Couldn't be better for this time of the year. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 11/25/2016 at 4:36 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

Whaaaaaat??  ;-)

I played only 8-9 rounds all year. But even so, as a single dad sharing custody of a 6 year old son, travel for work and other obligations, the best I could have done is 2-3 more rounds. November weather was favorable for golfers this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MSchott said:

I played only 8-9 rounds all year. But even so, as a single dad sharing custody of a 6 year old son, travel for work and other obligations, the best I could have done is 2-3 more rounds. November weather was favorable for golfers this year.

Off topic but, do you play the Farmington Hills public course? My son lives in FH. I drove down there in March so that he and I could play that course. The courses up in Northern Michigan open so late in the spring.

You know how it gets after a long winter, I was chomping at the bit to play. A four-hour drive just to get out on a golf course is apparently within reason.

Edited by JonMA1

Jon

Snuck over to P-town today and got another swampy round in. Beautiful day after all the rain...

8319920424812652242-account_id=1.jpg

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

2 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

Off topic but, do you play the Farmington Hills public course? My son lives in FH. I drove down there in March so that he and I could play that course. The courses up in Northern Michigan open so late in the spring.

You know how it gets after a long winter, I was chomping at the bit to play. A four-hour drive just to get out on a golf course is apparently within reason.

Played it hundreds of times, it's my home course. Before my son was born in 2010, we had a regular foursome that played FHGC most every Saturday morning for many years. It's a very nice municipal course, always in fine condition. Tough enough and easy to walk. A good value as well.

You played in March? That's brave even for down here.

18 hours ago, MSchott said:

You played in March? That's brave even for down here.

If you only knew... I just came in from hitting in the yard - It was starting to snow. Brave has less to do with it than desperation. :cry:

It wasn't too cold that day in March. Jacket weather but not freezing. If memory serves, they had just opened the course that week.

18 hours ago, MSchott said:

It's a very nice municipal course, always in fine condition. Tough enough and easy to walk. A good value as well.

Agreed. I was impressed by how nice the course was - especially for that early in the year.

There's a course up here that opens before most of the others. The greens are soooooo slow for the first couple of weeks. As I said in my previous post, by April I'm just jones'n to play, so I'm not at all picky.

Jon

My last round was mid-October, my free time and the nice weather just didn't align after that. I went out on a high note with my best round of the year. I've retired the clubs for the season now. I look forward to golf bug returning in full force in early spring. 

• Upvote 1

- Mark

Barring an unusual warming trend later in December, my last round was 12/7.  Actual temperature was 36-37 degrees but the sun was out.  So-called "real feel" temperatures were 24-25 degrees but my rain suit pretty much keeps the wind off me.  I find after walking 3-4 holes I am very comfortable.

Somehow managed to hit a wedge to 4 feet on the closing par 5.  I was excited to have a good chance at making birdie on the last stroke of 2016.   :facepalm  Well, there is always next year.

Doubling back to the original query, 27 rounds since 10/7.

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 2690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!